Exclusive

House Exclusive: Look Who's Back For the Finale!

You already know who won’t be returning for House‘s swan song (R.I.P. Cuddy), so how about we get around to telling you who will?

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Princeton-Plainsboro alumna Olivia Wilde will reprise her role as Thirteen in the show’s May 21 series finale.

House Exclusive: Final Episodes to be [Spoiler]-Centric

Wilde checked out of House in October to pursue her film career full-time. In her then-final episode, Huntington’s-afflicted Thirteen briefly rejoined the team only to get fired by House, who, oddly, issued the pink slip with the best of intentions: He wanted her to live our her final days in peace and happiness instead of alongside a grump like him.

House‘s still-untitled final episode will be penned by series creator David Shore and two of the show’s longtime scribes, Peter Blake and Eli Attie.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News

1. suite says:

HOUSE WAS GREAT WITH THE ORIGINAL CAST!!

2. GRD says:

Oh, goody, bring the boring one back. Even drippy Cameron was better than the black hole of dullness that was Thirteen.

3. Rick says:

Surprising how many dumb people on here can’t read. Lisa Edelstein’s REFUSED to come back! What part of that don’t you understand? All the complaining and whining isn’t going to change that. Blame her instead of everyone else. She’s to big of a star now doing ……ya busy doing nothing else but won’t come back for a couple shows. Leave her sit at home and sulk.

• Jill says:

Right, its HER decision and hers alone. Again HER DECISION, End, Done she is not coming back. Again HER DECISION!!!! NOBODY will change her mind. So let those who still love this show enjoy the last eight episodes, and say goodbuy to a show and character that I have loved since act one scene one to last scene and thats a wrap, Enjoy the last eight years of great entertainmemt that this show has brought me, and millions of others around the world. For all members of cast and crew past and present. As fans can we not just do that?

• bklyngirl says:

I agree. Simple fact is people are delusional and crazy. What was David Shore supposed to do kidnap Lisa Edelstein and force her to come back?
      Get a grip. She made her decision!!

• Bring Back Robin says:

Where’s the proof? DS said that’s what happened, but Lisa has not commented. If it were true, then she should be saying that.

How do you know what she is/isn’t doing? If I made as much money as she did during her time on the show, I would have plenty to live off the rest of my life. Don’t know if she did that, but if she did, then she can pick and choose what she wants to star in.

4. Mariana says:

Perhaps Tritter (the cop who tried to destroy House) or Voglar (the billionaire who despised him) could be the final patient House works feverishly to save…

• Mrs. House says:

No. Don’t think so. Their time is past.

They did play a very important part in compelling House to face at least some of the demons that plague him when casts a furtive glimpse in the metaphysical mirror sometimes. Even his best friend wasn’t very good at acomplishing that, but he boy has Wilson hung in there and tried to. .

5. david says:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please

6. anthony bozeman says:

This show was done in season 2

7. ty46 says:

What about House finding a cure for Huntingtons. That would be a shocker.

8. Cartoon-Lora says:

13? Who cares? WE WANT ORIGINAL CAST!!!!

9. carol says:

Wow, the decision to showcase 13 for the finale could not be more boring. What a disappointment, as this whole season has been.

OW is not a strong actor, beautiful yes, and an impressive humanitarian, but not a good actor at all. The fetishistic way that Shore (and Laurie) have handled this minor charcter over the years is embarrassing. Three, count ‘em, three good bye scenes for 13. No good bye scene for Cuddy? Preposterous.

Without LE and JMo in the finale, is it really worth tuning in?

10. allen says:

i am going to miss this show…

11. Alexandra says:

Well, David made his choice. I really hope viewers will get a good ending as House deserves. I stopped watching the show around the end of season 6, since then I only watched some promos & read few spoliers to check what’s going on & if it’s worth considering to start watching again. Since then, it wasn’t, so I probably won’t watch the final episode either. Maybe if original characters came back, but they aren’t, so I’m happy that I don’t have to care what Shore will come up with.
    I won’t say goodbye to House in May, because I did it two years ago. I don’t regret it.

12. Caity says:

Maybe It’s just because I love Olivia Wilde, but I’m really excited for her character to come back. Anyone saying that It should’ve been Cameron or Cuddy or both that came back instead, I want to know why? I would’ve liked to see them back too, but then why would they be back? Neither have any reason to be there. At least with Thirteen there’s the obvious Huntington’s assisted suicide plot, but I couldn’t think of a way to bring the other two back without it being a stupid storyline. I’ll also add that Cameron never should’ve left, Chase should have :P

13. Wilson Cancer Give Me a Break says:

Cancer for Wilson? What a crappy preview of the future. No wonder the ones who aren’t on it opted out. This is such tripe, chitlins, nonsense of a mess. I can’t count how many ripoffs of other shows this ending steals. It’s so overdone that ODS should go into action. Give those OWS people something they can change.

14. Dial 911 The final episode is a crime. says:

Huge admits that uplifting is a joke. If you review the clip, the obvious signs of lying are ramant.

Someone needs to tell DS to buy a vowel and get a clue.

15. Kelley says:

Okay wow its a show first maybe the shore guys wants to screw thirteen and not cuddy. And that’s why she back. But anyway the actresses where good hell the short hair girl got to hit house with a cane last week. What cause they ain’t as pretty. Overall the show was great it was a show bout a pill addicted docter who was always right and knew it and was a big ass bout it and didn’t care there will never be another show like it and everyone that has ever plated on it made the show its called house not cuddy or thirteen. So its bout him

16. Andrew_J says:

I just want to say thank you to all involved in the creation and production of House. I have watched through all seasons except 8 at least three times through. What a great run and proof that a quality show really can happen in this day and age. Reality TV is just a scapegoat for low production costs. What’s important? Saving and making more money over quality programming? Seriously? Hasn’t the bar been set? Even House couldn’t escape the greed trap. Too bad. The entertainment industry needs to re-evaluate it’s priority’s and realize it’s quality programming that is king. Not the almighty dollar. Greed has killed off pretty much all the great shows. Doesn’t say much for our society. Kind of embarrassing actually. Just makes it even harder for real talent to be seen and heard. It’s so rare that great writing, a great cast and a quality crew all come together. It happened with House. Thank you thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this quality product. Your work will live on for yeas to come.

17. Outstanding post however , I was wanting to know if you
    could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very grateful if you
    could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos!