MTV Renews Jersey Shore For Season 6

Jersey ShoreGarden State beachgoers, plan your vacations accordingly: MTV has renewed Jersey Shore for a sixth season, with production set to begin this summer in Seaside Heights.

In making the announcement, the cabler acknowledged that the new season finds the GTL crew heading into “unchartered territory as their lives outside the Shore take off in exciting new directions.”

Translation: Snooki’s gonna be a mom!

Despite experiencing some ratings erosion, Shore remains a potent player for MTV. Its just-wrapped fifth season averaged nearly 8 million viewers. Jersey Shore: The Reunion airs this Thursday at 10/9c.

The renewal comes as MTV gears up for the March 29 launch of The Pauly D Project, the first of several Jersey Shore spinoffs in the pipeline.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

1. Tara says:

Over this crewwwww already!!!

2. kevin says:

More fist pumpin’ for the Jersey Shore gang. Hope Joey “Fitness” & Danny of The Amazing Race are really into that show as does WWE superstar Zack Ryder. WOO! WOO! WOO! YOU KNOW IT.

3. Matt says:

I thought they were bringing in new people after this past summer? And focusing on the spinoffs for the original cast.

4. TheBeach says:

Why, oh why?? Season 1 was a bit of a guilty pleasure but ever since it’s just a bunch of boring, drunk millionaire d-bags doing the same thing every episode. Plus they’re all getting spin-offs so why bother?

5. Magically Suspicious says:

I’d be happy with the original cast getting spin-offs and a new crew of guidos and guidettes.

6. bored says:

Get this sh*t off the air.

7. TLG says:

Cool! Another season season I can ignore!

8. Renee says:

I think if I watched this I would just shoot myself in the head and put myself out of my misery.

9. connerc says:

I thought they were going to bring in new group, too. I guess they are going to ride this train until it crashes…and with mature issues (motherhood) entering the picture, it might not be long.

10. Jayme says:

I don’t care about the show but I wish they would stop coming back to Seaside.

11. lauren says:

i actually prefer the uk’s version ‘geordie shore’ (hilarious!) to this nowadays. enough is enough, need new people.

12. Ugh says:

May I please propose a TVLine blackout on all news articles related to Jersey Shore? Ignoring it is the only way to make it go away. Hey, it worked when the e! network (or maybe it was just Chelsea Handler) did it to Spencer and Heidi.

• Jennifer says:

YOU GOTTA BE F****N KIDDING ME. I thought politics was horrid. Clearly anything goes in the media/tv, even morals.

13. kirads09 says:

Guess they want to take full advantage of Snooki’s pregnancy and get as much mileage out of it that they can.

14. mrs.bump says:

Jersey Shore is returning for another season! I am so excited; I thought for sure it wouldn’t. I am glad to hear Snooki will be returning as well. I watched the finale on my computer using DISH Online. I missed it on TV since I worked late at DISH. I will be tuning into the Reunion this Thursday!