MTV Renews Jersey Shore For Season 6

Get More: News, Renewals

Jersey ShoreGarden State beachgoers, plan your vacations accordingly: MTV has renewed Jersey Shore for a sixth season, with production set to begin this summer in Seaside Heights.

In making the announcement, the cabler acknowledged that the new season finds the GTL crew heading into “unchartered territory as their lives outside the Shore take off in exciting new directions.”

Translation: Snooki’s gonna be a mom!

Despite experiencing some ratings erosion, Shore remains a potent player for MTV. Its just-wrapped fifth season averaged nearly 8 million viewers. Jersey Shore: The Reunion airs this Thursday at 10/9c.

The renewal comes as MTV gears up for the March 29 launch of The Pauly D Project, the first of several Jersey Shore spinoffs in the pipeline.

Tags: ,

Comments (16)

• Over this crewwwww already!!!

Comment by Tara – March 19, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More fist pumpin’ for the Jersey Shore gang. Hope Joey “Fitness” & Danny of The Amazing Race are really into that show as does WWE superstar Zack Ryder. WOO! WOO! WOO! YOU KNOW IT.

Comment by kevin – March 19, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they were bringing in new people after this past summer? And focusing on the spinoffs for the original cast.

Comment by Matt – March 19, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why, oh why?? Season 1 was a bit of a guilty pleasure but ever since it’s just a bunch of boring, drunk millionaire d-bags doing the same thing every episode. Plus they’re all getting spin-offs so why bother?

Comment by TheBeach – March 19, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be happy with the original cast getting spin-offs and a new crew of guidos and guidettes.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – March 19, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get this sh*t off the air.

Comment by bored – March 19, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool! Another season season I can ignore!

Comment by TLG – March 19, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think if I watched this I would just shoot myself in the head and put myself out of my misery.

Comment by Renee – March 19, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they were going to bring in new group, too. I guess they are going to ride this train until it crashes…and with mature issues (motherhood) entering the picture, it might not be long.

Comment by connerc – March 19, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about the show but I wish they would stop coming back to Seaside.

Comment by Jayme – March 19, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that. I liked it better when we sent them to Italy. Make them somebody else’s problem!

Comment by BillK – March 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i actually prefer the uk’s version ‘geordie shore’ (hilarious!) to this nowadays. enough is enough, need new people.

Comment by lauren – March 19, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • May I please propose a TVLine blackout on all news articles related to Jersey Shore? Ignoring it is the only way to make it go away. Hey, it worked when the e! network (or maybe it was just Chelsea Handler) did it to Spencer and Heidi.

Comment by Ugh – March 19, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YOU GOTTA BE F****N KIDDING ME. I thought politics was horrid. Clearly anything goes in the media/tv, even morals.

Comment by Jennifer – March 19, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess they want to take full advantage of Snooki’s pregnancy and get as much mileage out of it that they can.

Comment by kirads09 – March 20, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jersey Shore is returning for another season! I am so excited; I thought for sure it wouldn’t. I am glad to hear Snooki will be returning as well. I watched the finale on my computer using DISH Online. I missed it on TV since I worked late at DISH. I will be tuning into the Reunion this Thursday!

Comment by mrs.bump – March 20, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post