TVLine Items: Fox Finales, ABC Family's Summer Slate, Matthew Perry's Good Wife Tease and More

Fox is the latest network to unveil its schedule of season finales, and among the dates is a shift in Glee‘s time slot and an April season-ender for one of its sitcoms. (End dates for Touch, I Hate My Teenage Daughter and Breaking In remain TBD.)

Saturday, April 7

Sunday, May 20
7:30 pm The Cleveland Show
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers
9 pm Family Guy

Tuesday, May 22
8 pm American Idol (Pt. 1)
9 pm Glee

Wednesday, May 23
8 pm American Idol (Pt. 2)

As previously announced, House is slated to wrap its eight-year run Monday, May 21 at 9 pm, following a one-hour retrospective special.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Pretty Little Liars may conclude its second season tonight, but in less than three months — Tuesday, June 5, to be exact — the ladies of Rosewood will be back for Season 3. Jane By Design also returns June 5 with the back end of its freshman run. Here is the rest of ABC Family’s hot summer lineup, which features three new series: Bunheads (from Gilmore Girls’ Amy Sherman-Palladino) debuts Monday, June 11 at 9 pm; Baby Daddy premieres Wednesday, June 20 at 8:30 pm; and the reality series Beverly Hills Nannies arrives Wednesday, July 11 at 9 pm.

Matthew Perry joins The Good Wife this Sunday as Alicia’s new adversary — could we be more excited? — and based on the following teaser she is going to have her hands more than full with this one.

• A heartbreaker is headed back to New Girl for a season-ending arc. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Mary Elizabeth Ellis (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) will reprise her role as Nick’s manipulative ex-girlfriend Caroline for the final three episodes of the Fox comedy’s freshman run. Justin Long is also set to return as Jess’ ex, Paul, in the season’s penultimate installment.

• Matt Craven (Justified, NCIS) has landed a guest spot in the Season 1 finale of Alcatraz, TVGuide.com reports, playing the all-powerful “guy behind the door,” who was alluded to in an earlier episode.

• Squinterns unite! According to TV Guide Magazine, an upcoming episode of Bones will feature nearly all of the Jeffersonian squinterns working together, including Abernathy, Bray, Vaziri, Fisher and Edison.

• Dancing With the Stars vet (and George Clooney’s main squeeze) Stacy Keibler is in talks to join Season 2 of The X Factor, Page Six reports. Given her lack of music biz experience, she’s likely vying for a spot as host.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Liz says:

No word on The Lying Game. Such a shame if ABC Family isn’t renewing it.

• Ryan Bordenski says:

ABC Family is actually renewing The Lying Game! The production for the second season is starting this summer and the season 2 premiere is slated to premiere this winter so to answer your question, there will be a second season of The Lying Game! Im happy :D

2. kevin says:

Can’t wait for Matthew Perry’s guest starring role on The Good Wife in six days. Chandler Bing makes Alicia Florrick look “friendly”. :)

3. Ed says:

Nothing on the Lying Game?? That sucks.

4. jennifer says:

As a huge Fringe fan, I can only hope & pray that the May 11 season finale is only that-a season finale. Hopefully it doesn’t turn out being a series finale. Fringe has had an amazing season so far & I am hoping we get a whole lot more. Thank you.

5. znachki says:

Here’s betting that there is a “New Directions” appearance on AI before the Glee finale

6. Hugh Fan says:

Instead of a one hour retrospective followed by a one hour finale-After eight years I thought House would get a 2 hour series finale. The retrospective episode could have aired some other time & fans would have watched it. After so many years-they deserved a 2 hour finale.

7. TW says:

What about Alcatraz? Was this announced previously? I don’t see it on the list.

8. Ashely says:

Lying game news please! It must be renewed! Why are they taking so long?!

9. Susy says:

What happened to the Lying Game? That is a great show- it will be a shame if Abcfamily doesn’t renew it.
    I hope Fringe will also return. Fox should give this fascinating show another chance on a night OTHER than Thursday or Friday.

10. The A. says:

I SO don’t want May 21st to come!There are no words to describe how sad I am that House is going to end.That show is one of the few left that is actually still worth watching.No drama will ever be able to compare.EVER!The music,the sotorylines,the [smart] writing,directing,the characters,the actors,the cases…everything is just f*c*i*g amazing!Everything just fits. :)
    It is sad that the great shows are coming to an end,but the crap is yet here to stay. :( No matter what,but House is going to be one of the shows that will be talked about even years after. :)

11. Ayana says:

What about Switched at Birth?

12. Peter says:

With American Dad ending the week before, it looks like Family Guy is getting a one-hour finale. Anyone have any intel on this?

13. Hayley says:

No Lying Game? Ughh why, I love that so show soooo much!!!! PLEASE RENEW LYING GAME!!!!!!

14. Jennifer says:

Thankfully Bones is on this list! I never thought I’d say this but I have never been so sick of hearing about a tv show! At this point I don’t even care anymore. Moonlighing curse is the least of their problems, the show took the romance out of it. Have the baby already!

• meleliot says:

What do you mean you’re thankful Bones is on this list? It’s “season finale” not “series finale.” And I am thrilled it’s finally coming back. And, I don’t even remember when we saw the last episode! Fox has treated Bones very poorly. I love this show.

15. MargaritA says:

I hate it when things end. :(

16. Kat says:

The spring finale airs tonight (Tuesday, March 20). New episodes will return this fall.

• Kat says:

Sorry – I was trying to reply to an earlier comment and it didn’t show up underneath it – Switched at Birth is the show I am referring to. :)

17. meleliot says:

It’s coming back in the fall.

18. Anna says:

I’m really excited for the finales for Glee and Bones. I just became a fan of Bones this season but I think it’s brilliant. I love how intricate it is and how you never see the same thing twice. Emily Deschanel is flawless.

19. christine says: