The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Sunday

On TV this Sunday: Discovery invites you to discover the Frozen Planet, The Walking Dead sprints toward a thrilling finish, Oprah goes Gaga, The Good Wife welcomes back several familiar faces and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are nine programs to consider.

Once Upon a Time Preview: Snow White Takes a Dark Turn – Can Prince Charming Save Her?

8 pm The Amazing Race (CBS) | In Bavaria, Germany, teams scour the king’s quarters in the same castle that served as the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle. AKA a lame bid to steal Once Upon a Time‘s thunder.

8 pm Frozen Planet (Discovery) | Premiere: This seven-part hi-def series, four years in the making and from the same people who gave you Planet Earth, promises “the ultimate portrait of our earth’s polar regions, where the scale and beauty of the scenery — and sheer power of the natural elements — are unlike anywhere else on the planet.” Alec Baldwin narrates. And no matter how often I see it, this promo gives me (figurative) goosebumps:

First Look Photo Gallery: The Desperate Housewives Hold a Funeral for a Lost Loved One

9 pm The Walking Dead (AMC) | Season 2 finale: In “Beside the Dying Fire,” Rick and Carl return from the woods to find the farm in jeopardy; in the ensuing chaos, the group is split up and Rick’s leadership is questioned. (Get scoop!)

9 pm Oprah’s Next Chapter (OWN) | On tap this week is an intimate interview with Lady Gaga from inside her childhood home in New York City. Also: Gaga’s mother, Cynthia Germanotta, gives her first television interview. (if you’re in the mood for Gaga but not all the talky-talk, over on HBO they’re repeating the “Monster’s Ball” Tour.)

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Alicia once again faces Louis Canning (played by Michael J. Fox) in court, but recent financial concerns lead her to reconsider his standing job offer. Meanwhile, Diane takes charge in her personal life. Gary Cole (as Kurt McVeigh), Bryan Brown (Jack Copeland) and Elizabeth Reaser (Tammy!) also guest-star. (Get scoop!)

9 pm Luck (HBO) | Ace ices out Smythe, DiRossi and Cohen as partners in the racetrack deal; Walter enters Gettin’Up Morning in the $1 million Western Derby – head-to-head against Ace and Gus’ Pint of Plain; a stable accident jeopardizes Jo’s pregnancy. (Read about the show’s cancellation.)

Army Wives Sneak Peek: We Salute Susan Lucci’s Reunion With Fellow AMC Vet Kim Delaney

10 pm The Talking Dead (AMC) | Exec producers Glen Mazzara and Robert Kirkman and Laurie Holden (who plays Andrea) join host Chris Hardwick to discuss the season finale.

10 pm House of Lies (Showtime) | Jeannie aims to establish her own legend in the world of consultants when she leads the Pod to her hometown. Peggy Lipton (Twin Peaks? Mod Squad?) guest-stars.

10: 30 pm Life’s Too Short (HBO) | Warwick meets with a Catholic priest and a Scientologist while exploring different faiths, then visits the dating agency where he met his ex-wife.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. JJ says:

OUAT, Housewives and GCB which is not listed….

• Jericho says:

Once Upon A Time is “technically” listed. It does bug me that they just stick a link to an article in instead of an actual 8:pm listing. I wish they would fix that stuff. You can still link and tell us what time it is just like the rest of them.

Oh and you gave GCB two weeks of pretty decent episodes and then stop? Yet we are reminded to watch a show that will never have an adequate ending because it was canceled before 3 episodes of its second season could be shot? Come on… Tell me why I should invest in a show like Luck when I already know that there will be a considerable lack of closure?

• Mellie says:

^THIS x100000000. Get your act together please, TVline.

• Dash says:

I wish people would STOP complaining about their show not being listed but linked instead. Hello, a link is a GOOD thing. You WANT that for your show. Also, if you love the show so much you should know what time it is on. I love the what to watch on TVLine but the people commenting here are such downers and whiners that it’s so annoying. TVline, you do a great job and pick a wealth of interesting and different shows and try to hit different genres and networks. Keep up the good work!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

GCB will probably be back on the list next week. Gotta spread the wealth, after all :)

• Linda says:

I don’t see any good excuses for DH’s omission, especially when you list ordinary episodes of Life’s Too Short and Luck. What a joke.

• l says:

Wow, another illiterate person! Why is it so many can’t read the first paragraph which clearly says that these short paragraphs are IN ADDITION to the FEATURE ARTICLES of other shows? Desperate Housewives is a show that they spent extra time on, how can you complain?! And being so rude because they don’t think you’re favourite shows are worthy of being in this article? Someone is a joke and it ain’t TVLine.

I’m looking forward to seeing TWD and Once Upon A Time. Is it too much to hope that Carl is the next death on TWD?

2. Lauren says:

SHAMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the Good Wife and Once Upon a Time.

3. Justin says:

Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, Breakout Kings and Frozen Planet. Man, I love Sunday night tv!

4. Kendal says:

The Good Wife & GCB this evening. Nice little line-up for the worst night of the week!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Sunday really does boast an embarrassment of riches. Always one of the week’s toughest TVLUs to whittle down, for sure.

5. xav says:

OUaT, Lost Girl, GCB and The Good Wife for me.

6. Jessica says:

I see no Shameless listed. That’s what I’m looking forward to tonight.

7. kirads09 says:

OUAT (can’t miss!)
    Unchained Reaction on Discovery! I love Jamie and Adam!

8. Rebecca says:

9. Josh says:

Once upon a time Amazing Race Family Guy and GCB

10. Theresa says:

I’ll watch Amazing Race, Walking Dead & Talking Dead live. DVR Once Upon a Time, Desperate Housewives, GCB, Shameless & House of Lies.

11. Sarah says:

I’m looking forward to Comic Book Men tonight.

12. Polly says:

is there really someone that WILL NOT watch TWD finale tonight?

13. mdaily says:

Once and Good Wife make my Sunday evenings a joy.

Sorry @Polly, I don’t watch TWD.

14. Spoiler Junkie says:

The Walking Dead. All the way. :)

15. kevin says:

Amazing Race & Good Wife. Can’t wait for next Sunday’s long awaited return of MAD MEN. :)

16. Cody says:

OUAT, Desperate Housewives, GCB, The Good Wife, Shameless, The Walking Dead! I love Sundays!

17. Bigdog5758 says:

Gonna watch, Once Upon A Time, GCB and that’s it. I would watch Walking Dead but don’t get that channel so that solves that.

18. Cruciatus says:

I love when The Amazing Race travels to places I’ve been (like Bavaria and Neuschwanstein (the castle) tonight! My latest trip to the castle was in 2010 so it’s all pretty fresh in my memory. I work Sundays (and to make it worse, Sunday EVENINGS until 11pm), but usually I’m able to get in the Fox animation lineup and Once Upon a Time while at work (my job is boring). But later when I’m home I will watch TAR, DH, Walking Dead, GCB…you know, almost every show that’s on on Sundays. I tried watching House of Lies but I didn’t really like any of the characters and I didn’t find it funny. Can anyone say if it improved or not after episodes 2 or 3?

19. Sam says:

Ill be watching The Walking Dead, but I cant understand how people watch 3 shows every night, and DVR other 5, Do you do anything else besides watching TV?

• Bad Breaker says:

Uh yes, Sam, I do quite a few other things than watch TV…and thanks for asking. A few nights, Sunday being one of them, there are quite a few shows that I enjoy…hence the DVR. I can them watch them at my leisure or on other nights when there is nothing on that is of interest to me…jeez, judge much?

20. Brandy says:

Dh, gcb

21. Sg.Grant says:

Shameless, Californication, House of Lies, Walking Dead, and Kenny f’in Powers.

22. Jamie says:

LOL, Matt, you changed the color’s to red and people are still complaining their show isn’t listed…

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Isn’t the red nice? Very excited about it.

• l says:

I personally think pink would look much nicer :P

Wouldn’t it be something if one of these days, there isn’t a single complaint based on people not being able to read? Gotta dream big, I suppose!

23. Jonathan says:

I can’t believe you left out Desperate Housewives. Its like, going to be such a big episode.

24. Russ says:

Shameless, The Walking Dead, and GCB!

25. Mellie says:

OUaT is the only one I’ll be watching live, but I’ll be DVRing Good Wife, Desperate Housewives and GCB.

26. TJ. Church says:

I remember Peggy for none of the shows listed, but as mother to a star of “Parks & Rec”… Or am I wrong?