TV's 21 Most Polarizing Characters: Do You Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

We see the way you talk about them, you know….

There are certain names — belonging to fictional TV characters, mind you — that when highlighted in a TVLine news item or feature story elicit, um, “strong” reactions from their show’s collective fan base.

You love ‘em! Or… you hate ‘em! (And mind you, hate is a strong word.)

So, here now, we pay tribute to the most polarizing, divisive, love-’em or hate-’em TV characters now inhabiting primetime. Take a look at our list, then sound off in Comments if you find these folks desirable, or despicable. Awesome, or loathsome. Also feel free to nominate any other fan base rousers!

Comments (1,402)

• I love Dan and Castiel!!!

Comment by Patricia – March 16, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daisy Wick – Bones
    uggh.

Comment by jess – March 16, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • has blaine even treated any character bad besides sam? For santana he sung a song about how perfect she was was. Hes one of the only characters hat hasent made fun of brittany’s intelligence. He makes kurt happy and done so many nice things too him, including standing up to his bully, transferring, and more, Hes flawed, but every character is. besides singing a lot, and santana sings a lot too but ofc no one points that out, he doesnt do much. I like him, i just want to know more about him

Comment by gleek – March 16, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Blaine is flawed, but he’s a genuinely good and sweet people who likes to give people what they need to feel happy and safe (sometimes he has no idea what he’s doing though haha, and he admits it).

Even with Sam, they were at each other’s throats (Sam pushed him), but later it was obvious that they made up (offscreen sigh oh Glee that’s how you solve all your problems) and were hugging like old friends. And that makes total sense, since he and Sam are both nice guys. :)

I would love to know more about Blaine; very excited to meet his brother! Time for some fleshing out of his character (they’ve given us bits and pieces here and there – Daddy issues, past trauma and a subsequent need for control, desire to help people possibly because no one ever help him, overachiever like Rachel but less militant about it – that suggest a complex, deep character, now they just need to focus on him!)

Comment by Ann – March 16, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kurt?

Comment by Dany – March 16, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Hes one of the only characters hat hasent made fun of brittany’s intelligence” — maybe because he’s too busy stealing all the solos to have time to insult her. Give him time, I’m sure he’ll make some remark shaming her promiscuity as soon as they let the two have a conversation. And then to make up for his rudeness Santana will randomly apologize to him for being jealous of his perfectness.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clearly because blaine has made so much rude remakes, brittany’s his next victim. Why is it so hard for you to accept blaine isnt a bad guy? And yes a 2minute song takes away all his time per episode to say something rude to brittany, yet her gf who sings in every episode called her gulliable? and made her cheat on her bf because she told her it was okay. I clearly stated blaine isnt perfect.

Comment by Gleek – March 16, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Since you’re obviously too dumb to make the connection, I was alluding to when the exact thing you are saying could never happen actually DID happen with Sam and Finn.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s Sam and Finn though.

Comment by cripes – March 16, 2012 09:10 PM PDT
        • Nah he was pissed at Finn and annoyed with Sam, so he called Sam a manwhore.

They were both being huge jerks to him.

Comment by Jeet – March 17, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha wow you make no sense.

“There’s no evidence that Blaine judged Brittany for her promiscuity (??? she’s in an exclusive relationship bro), but I’m sure at first opportunity he’ll slut shame her!!!11!1!one!1!”

Comment by Ann – March 16, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Dan Humphrey!!!

Comment by Sarah – March 16, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Rick, Deb, Castiel and Dan, the others I really don’t care!

Comment by Patricia – March 16, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty Draper annoys the crap out of me on Mad Men! Seriously, something is always up her rear.

I used to watch Gossip Girl but when it became the Dan Humphrey hour it got damn bad.Most boring forced character ever.

Comment by MSC – March 16, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE CASTIEL. His storyline has passed his expiration date. When he was in the show he ducked responsibility for EVER bad thing he did. Can’t stand the guy. Misha deserves a show where he can shine, not gobble time trying to fit him into a storyline (the angels) that was over at the end of season five.

Comment by Percysowner – March 16, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh hai thar Linda.

Comment by Incognito – March 16, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, I see I’m you and you’re me. Glad to meet you, me.

JFC there can be more than one person who don’t like Castiel.

Comment by Linda – March 16, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more.

Comment by nicky – March 16, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • COULDN’T DISAGREE MORE! CAS IS BACK! \o/

Comment by Cody – March 16, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel..only one I know of on that list and absolutely adore! I’m looking forward to him getting his feathered ass back with the boys! Miss you Cas!

Comment by spnchik27 – March 16, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People can’t hate Pierce… If you hate him then you don’t get the point of his character at all.

People can’t hate Blaine. He has no personality. It’s like hating a stone dipped in hair gel.

Comment by F – March 16, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually surprised Dave Karofsky from Glee is NOT on here. He’s quite possibly the most polarizing character in any fandom I’ve ever seen. I personally love him, but I know a lot people absolutely despise him and think he’s evil.

I agree that Blaine is also a polarizing character, but I still don’t think he matches Dave Karofsky in that arena.

Also, who the hell doesn’t like Cas from Supernatural? That is just WRONG!

Comment by RachelA – March 16, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s dave karofsky?

Comment by anna – March 16, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TVLine likes people to think that everyone loves and adores Dave, which isn’t true. I personally do like him a lot, as I think he’s shown the most growth out of any character on that show, but he certainly has his very vocal haters (and some of them do have their reasons, if they were victims of bullying, so while I disagree with them, I understand why people would hate this character), and I would consider him much, much more polarizing than Blaine, who hasn’t done much of anything yet.

But yeah, this is TVLine, who practically campaign for Dave for be a regular and Kurtofsky to happen. Most of the Glee fandom is very aware of TVLine’s extreme bias.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, from all glee characters i expected dave, but its tv line they think dave is a perfect non-hated character. Which is so wrong because people dislike him and the reasons are what the person stated above.

Comment by glee – March 16, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You sound like a Blarren stan.

Comment by your brain – March 16, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • & You sound like a Blarren hater.

Comment by finnick – March 16, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He isn’t NEARLY as polarizing as Blaine. lol @ people who don’t think so.

Comment by Tim – March 16, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think people care about Karofsky enough to be polarising.

Comment by elbow – March 16, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dave isn’t on here because he actually has consistent characterization, doesn’t steal solos every other episode, and can actually act. Sorry, but he’s not nearly as hated by the general audience as he is by psychotic klainers.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you nuts? You clearly are, you sound like a butthurt kurtofsky fan. Many people disklie karofsky for being a bully and what hes done to kurt, but its okay when karofsky apolgizes but when its blaine no one forgives him. Dumbass

Comment by gleek – March 16, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Omg a blarren stan calling me a dumbass. That’s rich. Actually no, I’m not a “butthurt kurtofsky fan” because I couldn’t care less if Karofsky never comes back and I don’t want Kurt to get with him either. No one forgives Blaine because he let Kurt come to him FIRST to apologize and THEN let kurt take some of the blame for an incident that was completely, one hundred percent BLAINE’S FAULT. And he never apologized for letting slip the Michael set list, or talking to Sebastian behind Kurt’s back, or slutshaming Sam, or telling Kurt he isn’t attractive. Why should I forgive him when he’s never once given me a reason to?

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL no.

Comment by elbow – March 16, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL yes.

Comment by W – March 17, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • no, lol.

Comment by elbow – March 17, 2012 06:21 PM PDT
  • Blaine Anderson? I’m sorry for the others characters but he is the best character in the world. Si no estais de acuerdo, me da igual! Total ahora mismo no me eestais entendiendo! juuuasss

Comment by Alba – March 16, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sí!!! Blaine manda!!! Todos los que lo odian no son más que ridículos fans que están molestos por todos los solos y tiempo en pantalla que recibe. Darren Criss no tiene la culpa de ser tan talentoso ni de poseer una magnífica voz.

Que los haters me chupen la pija.

Comment by hola@hotmail.es – March 16, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Vulgar. Writing expletives in Spanish not to be flagged in cowardly, inappropriate and juvenile. What are you, 14?r Lo mismo que escribes en Español puedes escribir en Inglés si tienes el valor…

Comment by Ana – March 16, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Algunos sí entendemos y no estamos de acuerdo con usted. Y usar el lenguaje para esconder su opinion y burlarse de otros es pura cobardia…

Comment by Ana – March 16, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Esconder opiniones??? Wow, como si no supiéramos que la gente no fuese lo suficientemente curiosa como para usar google traductor.
        Uno puede opinar en chino pero todos usarán el google traductor. Así que esconderse nada.

Comment by fdasf – March 16, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reply with “Rainbows” if you love BLAINE ANDERSON.

Comment by YOU ARE JEALOUSY – March 16, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbows!! ♥

Comment by Yessica – March 16, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbowssss!!!

Comment by gleek – March 16, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RAINBOWS

I LOV U BLAINE

Comment by destiellover – March 16, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And, what would be the opposite of rainbows? Because that would be my choice, although I completely respect yours…

Comment by Ana – March 16, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Then don’t reply, bud.

It’s easy. If you do not know how to do that, I can teach you.

Comment by homelessbrett – March 16, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Obviously you can’t since you responded to her. I doubt you’re able to teach anyone anything in that regard.

Comment by CC – March 16, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s the idea, honey.

Comment by dsad – March 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT
    • Rainbows!!! Blaine hate is dumb.

Comment by Minami – March 16, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • rainbows!!! haters to the left!!

Comment by fatuchih – March 16, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RAINBOWS

Comment by KurtsieGleek – March 16, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbows

Comment by Jason – March 16, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbows!
      Blaine hate stems from jealousy of his screen time, solos and popularity. I have yet to meet someone outside the online Glee fandom who dislikes him.

Comment by Jenna – March 16, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG THIS THIS THIS.

Comment by YOUAREJEALOUSY – March 16, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows rainbows

Comment by samcedes – March 16, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RAINBOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by BLAINESTAN – March 16, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbows <333333

In fact, I love the whole rainbow squad. Blaine, Kurt, Brittany, Santana. Let's get some love for all the unicorns (and bicorns)! They're not perfect, but that's what makes them interesting characters you can care about.

Comment by anon – March 16, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbows

Comment by Darcy – March 16, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL

Comment by Kaley – March 16, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TRUE!!!! I’M A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO WANTS TO DATE DARREN! HE IS SO HOT AND CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by klainer4life – March 16, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • pls be a troll omg.

Comment by andreacn – March 16, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL, ofc i am.

Comment by klainer4life – March 16, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OPPOSITE OF RAINBOWS

Comment by Mandy – March 16, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHATEVER THE OPPOSITE OF RAINBOWS IS!!!

Comment by YOU ARE GRAMMAR BAD AT – March 16, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THUNDERSTORMS. OPPOSITE OF RAINBOWS

Comment by jenna – March 16, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL NOPE

Comment by mark – March 16, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder how many of the “Rainbows” posted here are from the same person. Also, lol. I repeat the “opposite of rainbows” comments.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainbows.

Comment by This is incredibly gay – March 16, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY TO KNOW CAS IS COMING BACK AND THAT HE MIGHT BE IN S8!!!

Comment by Maria – March 16, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cas! I love him, can’t wait for his return, and am fed up with the morons who think you can’t love him AND the Winchester brothers at the same time. He provides what.is needed (help, even humor), and Misha is hilarious and fun as well!

Comment by Melanie – March 16, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cas is boring and overrated. He serves no purpose on the show except to pander to his fans and became a deus ex machina for Sam and Dean. Don’t know why the Cas hate gets blamed on Wincesters. Cas fans are the ones always hating on Sam out of jealousy because he gets in the way of Dean’N’Cas show. They are deluded that they feel their ship is threatened by Dean’s relationship with his brother? Lol such dirty minds they have.

Comment by Angela – March 16, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG, so much this!

Comment by nicky – March 16, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, this!

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CAS IS BACK! CASLOCK SQUEE! CASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Comment by Clare – March 16, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SUCK IT! THE Js WANT HIM BACK AND SO DO MOST OF THE FANS! AND HE’S BACK!!!!!!!!

Comment by Cody – March 16, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I SEE THE WORD IS OUT! CASLOCK SQUEE!!!

Comment by Clare – March 16, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not as dirty as you lot and your Wincest/tinhat fantasies, pet. ;-)

Comment by Laura – March 16, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This thing of Cas fans hating on Sam is a big lie. I’m not saying there aren’t Cas fans who hate on Sam, because there are, but I’m a part of the Destiel and of the Castiel fandom and I rarely see Sam hate. Most people like Sam a lot and want everyone to be happy. On the other hand, I barely know Cas-haters and I see Cas-hate everywhere. So, it’s not accurate, it’s something on your mind.

Comment by Alene – March 16, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pierce, Owen, and Jess I agree with, I don’t really like any of them, but I love Ted and Chris, I didn’t even realize there were people who didn’t like them!

Comment by Rachel – March 16, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alternate Olivia and over here Lincoln Lee, from Fringe.

Comment by Sabrina – March 16, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE CAS AGAIN!

Comment by Clare – March 16, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care for Dan either way because I love Chuck more because there is always to much going on with his character which is always growing from the start of the show. Plus I love how Chuck loves Blair and Chuck should have been on here instead of Dan because no one cares for him are his story. Dan only cares about himself where Chuck has been proven to show about everyone around him. Not only that but Blair loves Chuck and Dan just loves himself. Chuck opened his heart to Blair and she is the best thing that ever happened to him. I love how he looks at her and how they both catch their when around each other. I’m team Chuck all the way

Comment by Sarah Lynnl – March 16, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would add Leonard from The Big Bang Theory to this list.

Comment by Amanda Leigh – March 16, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pierce – It’s great to have Chevy Chase funny again
    Blaine – Given a choice between Blaine and Rachel, I’d choose Blaine every. single. time.
    Alex – Some of Happy Endings’ funniest one liners come from her
    Ted – He’s the central character of the show, but yes maybe they reel him in a little
    Jess – Like Ted, she’s the central character of New Girl. But she’s perfect in her quirkiness. Leave her be.
    Robert California – He’s gone soon enough anyway so what’s it matter?
    Chris – he’s no Sam Seaborn that’s for sure. I don’t dislike him, but can be a bit grating at times yes.
    Jenna – I’m just glad she’s not Rachel Dratch
    Rick – is another Ted/Jess situation. He’s the main character, the only one safe. It will likely end with his death. I have no problems with him.

Comment by Carmichael – March 16, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You should be so proud to be Team attempted rapist. Brava.

Comment by ChuckisaRAPISTandPImp – March 16, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Darren Criss he gives Blaine some depted even if Murfey is completly unwilling to give the character any storyline so far (hope this changes with “Big Brother” coming up).
    Darren is a wonderfull actor and a awesome singer with a ton of charisma.
    RAINBOWS!!!

Comment by Charcus – March 16, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HOW IN GODS NAME DOES BLARREN PISS GIVE BLARREN ANY DEPTH JUST BY MAKING STUPID FACES IN THE BACKGROUND.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Simmer down, Sammikins.

Comment by finnick – March 16, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do you put Blaine on this list but not Dave Karofsky or Santana Lopez on the list? Do you even watch Glee? There are no two characters on that show that get people riled up quicker than Dave and Santana. I kid you not, go to any Glee message board and mention Dave or Santana and watch it explode. THAT is a polarizing character; Blaine is just like everyone else. He has fans, he has haters, but he’s not polarizing. If Blaine is polarizing so is Mercedes or Artie. Honestly, I’d put Rachel on this list before I put Blaine on it.

Comment by Gwen – March 16, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

Comment by person – March 16, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s only one reason Blaine is on this list and Karofsky isn’t. TV Line knows Blaine has a lot more fans and want the page hits they’ll provide once they hear he’s included in this piece.

Comment by Jenna – March 16, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Mark – March 16, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, and you’re delusional. Bye :)

Comment by Mark – March 16, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @finnick: Actually he has many fans in the LBGT.

Comment by W – March 17, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Make that 4 fans.

Comment by finnick – March 17, 2012 06:23 PM PDT
      • LORD HAVE MERCY.

Comment by jesus – March 16, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True. Karofsky probably has about 3 fans here.

Comment by finnick – March 16, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 CASTIEL!

Comment by Joels – March 16, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 3. Deb…I’m not a fan of the Deb crushing on Dexter storyline at all.It makes me dislike Deb.
    10. Winona…Not a fan
    12. Betty… She is a nasty nasty person
    17. Amanda Clarke…I like her she’s really good on the show.
    18. Karen…I like her more than Ivy !
    19. Castiel…I LOVE him !And want him back as a regular on the show ASAP.
    21. Tara…Glad she died on the show ! Too bad it wasn’t sooner but I hope she STAYS dead.
    22. Rick…I like Rick.Can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t. He’s doing the best he can considering.
    I couldn’t stand Shane. I’m really GLAD he’s gone he was such an ahole.

Comment by Laurel – March 16, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel… Ugh! I am MOST DEFINITELY on the HATE side of that one! Can’t stand him, sick of seeing him, never want him back on the show ever again! I’m sorry, I just cannot stand the character. Knowing he’s coming back the episode after next makes me feel sick. I don’t even want to think about it, and I’m certainly not looking forward to it. I hope we can just get it over with… He can come back, and then hopefully die again, this time permanently!

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, you people just suck the joy out of everything. You’re really appalling. And since Sera Gamble has already said Cas isn’t dying and hinted that he would be back in season 8 you won’t be getting your way.

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There’s no need to be insulting, you know. One reason the many Castiel haters aren’t very vocal is because every time we say how we really feel about him, we get jumped on.

I sincerely hope Castiel is not back for season 8. He’s long past his expiration date, and he needs to die and stay dead.

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, I’m so, so sorry that you and your friends get jumped on the moment you all dogpile an article to cover the comments with your hate and abuse. That must be so terribly difficult for you to bear.

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Dogpile the article? XD That is pretty funny. I haven’t done anything of the kind. I saw a link to this article somewhere, and decided to state my opinion. If the Castiel fans are allowed to declare their undying love for him, I don’t see why I can’t say how much I hate him.We should all be able to say what we think as long as it’s said in a (mostly) polite and non vicious manner.

Comment by Mekina – March 17, 2012 03:27 AM PDT
      • What is the point of being rude to anyone who disagrees with you? SG said she left the door open, she didn’t say it’s a sure thing. You know what’s really appalling? Bullying behaviors like yours. Grow up. You don’t have to tear down other people just because they don’t share the same POV with you about a character…

Comment by Tina – March 16, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • A lot of people in this fandom seem to be like that. I hate Castiel, but I don’t go around personally insulting the people that like him. There’s really no need for that. They can tell me that they love him, and that they disagree with me, fine, but I don’t see the need for them to call me names and such…

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You don’t have to tear down other people just because they don’t share the same POV with you about a character…

Yessss… perhaps you might want to start taking your own advice? ;-)

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I hope this wasn’t directed at me? Because I’ve been saying what I think (or, well, typing it), but I haven’t attacked anyone as a person for their opinion, though I have told them I disagree, or think differently. So far in this article alone I’ve been called appalling, told that I suck the joy out of life, and a b**ch, all of which I think were uncalled for.

Comment by Mekina – March 17, 2012 03:29 AM PDT
  • I hate Cas with passion. He betrayed the boys last season in the worst possible way.

Comment by Mary – March 16, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course he did. Yawn. Don’t you get tired of repeating the same thing every time?

People like you have made this fandom such a negative place.

TFWgirl, very happy to see Cas back and hoping he’ll be in season 8.

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just said why I hate him. What is your problem? People like me made the fandom a negative place, and people who like him and were all over the internet claiming that they won’t be watching the show until he comes back, or started a campaign about voting against SN at the PCAs didn’t make it a negative place?

Comment by Mary – March 16, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • People who express dislike or anything but utter adoration for Castiel tend to get insulted or jumped on by the more extreme Castiel fangirls. Not all of them, but the rabid ones. That’s why, I think, a lot of people who don’t like him stay quiet.

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s why I don’t stay quiet. I’m not being bullied just because I don’t like a character. Screw them. Followers on my Twitter and LJ know I don’t like Castiel.

Comment by Linda – March 16, 2012 04:28 PM PDT
          • Have you considered putting your energy into supporting the aspects of the show you DO like instead of shouting your hate for one character at the top of your lungs? You don’t like him, that’s fine, but what is wrong with you that you have to put so much energy into hating something?

Comment by Lane – March 16, 2012 07:25 PM PDT
  • Love love love dan humphrey!!!!!

Comment by Alisha – March 16, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Blaine and Castiel!

Comment by Caroline – March 16, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Cas. Many people don’t like him, but just aren’t vocal about how much they don’t like him. Cas has finished his role on the show. By keep bringing him back because of a few vocal fans, it’s going to ruin the show rather than making it better. because it’s obvious they keep bringing him back because of the very few vocal fans, but where is he going to fit in the show? He isn’t. He is just not as important as people try to make him out to be. The show will always be about Sam and Dean. I am getting sick of the over hyped character Cas.

Comment by Casneedstogo – March 16, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree.

Sam and Dean Forever!!!!!

Comment by Dee – March 16, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yawn.

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have a very rich vocabulary, don’t you? LOL! Sorry, I meant “YAWN”!!!

Comment by Maria – March 16, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nice one, Maria!

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yawn…

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 04:48 PM PDT
    • I feel the same way. There’s just no place for him anymore. Maybe he fit in the storyline back in season 4, but this is season 7, and there’s no spot for him anymore. They have to twist things around and ignore more important matters just to fit him in. The only reason they’re bringing him back, seems to me, is to please the more vocal Castiel fans, and that isn’t right. They shouldn’t pander to the fans like that and mess up their show just for the sake of bringing back a character that should be long gone.

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really wish I understood why people afirm Cas fans are just a few that are very vocal. People have every right to dislike Cas and not want him on the show, like I have every right of loving him and wanting him on the show. But what makes me mad is how people like to voice their opinions like facts. You don’t know if there are just a few vocal Cas fans, you can’t possibly have talked to the entire Supernatural fandom. In a recent poll about Cas returning (one that only accept one vote per computer) more than 86% of the people who voted were excited and happy for his return. This makes me believe that Cas-haters are the few vocal ones. I’m basing it on evidence, not on my personal beliefs, but I still admit that I can’t know for sure. All I know is that all people I know that watch Supernatural (the ones that aren’t in fandom) at least like Cas. The ones that hate him usually are the ones that like season 1-3 better. And there is nothing wrong with liking it better, I just hate how some of these people act like they’re the only true fans and like it’s forbidden to have a favorite that isn’t the Winchesters (who I also love, btw).

Comment by Alene – March 16, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Facts are for the un-impassioned masses, she-demon!

Comment by Rick Santorum – March 16, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you read through this thread so far, you will find several comments from people who like Cas that simply sit there as a statement of fact. If you look at the comments that don’t like Cas you find responses that say we are wrong, we are all only one person, we are all Wincesters. It takes a certain fortitude to not support Castiel. The second I post, I know that my motives, morals and identity will be questioned. I just don’t want the (small portion) of Castiel fans who are trying to squelch any conflicting opinion to silence all of us.

Comment by Percysowner – March 17, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They totally britta’d this list…

Comment by Ari – March 16, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment is streets ahead :).

Comment by Angela – March 16, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe b/c this show doens’t have that broad of appeal but Lauren Reed on Fairly Legal is horrible. I know she’s suppose to be cold but she seems to enjoy it

Comment by brandon – March 16, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of these make no sense. Karen from ‘Smash’? She’s the star. She’s the one that got screwed out of a role by the chick that actually slept her way into it. Why is Karen the polarizing one? Owen on the other hand is polarizing and infuriating. I have been very understanding of his grieving process but enough already! Still, I like him in Grey’s. I like him as Chief and as a surgeon. And Blaine. I think he’s immensely talented but he came out from the back row to take center stage and that is not ok with me. There are other characters that are just as talented who are being eclipsed. I mean, has Tina even gotten any lines this season? What about Puck? He can do more than just deliver insipid little one-liners. He can seriously rock a song. I started out liking Blaine but I can honestly say that now I like Karofsky better and I would be very happy if he (Blaine) left Glee. And I don’t mind Amanda Clark. She keeps in interesting.

Comment by Ana – March 16, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wt about DAMON SALVATORE?..ppl always seem to absolutly love him or completely loathe him..never indifferent

Comment by tara – March 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got here from Tumblr and all the link said was “Glee’s most polarizing character”. I totally expected Dave Karofsky, maybe Santana or possibly Sue. But Blaine? Seriously? Blaine? I don’t even like Blaine, in fact I loathe him, but I am honest enough to admit he’s nowhere near the most polarizing character on Glee. Dave, Rachel, Santana, Sue, heck even Kurt should be on this list before Blaine. I LIKE all them and I can admit that. Come on, TVLINE be for real.

Comment by Marcus – March 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t stand Castiel from Supernatural and Blaine from Glee – for the same reason: They’re supposed to be supporting characters but, most of the time, they were treated like protagonists. In season 4 and 5 of Supernatural Castiel kept showing up to save the day while Sam and Dean usually ended up looking stupid. And Blaine got more solos in Glee than most of the actual Glee club members that were on the show from the start. It’s just so annoying to see additional roles take the spotlight from the characters that actually MAKE the show.

And it’s not even that I think Castiel or Blaine are lame or anything. On the contrary, they’d be awesomely cool IF they had their OWN show. But I want Supernatural to be a horror show about the “hunting things – the family business” instead of a sitcom “Castiel – human studies for beginners”. And, believe it or not, I want Glee to be about the Glee club and not about “Blaine and a couple other kids”.

Comment by nicky – March 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because he gets much solos???

Wow, your argument is strong.

Comment by THRY – March 16, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can it be “Blaine and a couple other kids” when Blaine doesn’t get his own plot lines? The characters that get the most plots are Wemma, Finchel, Santana, Quinn, and Kurt, and they are all original Glee club members/adults from the first season.

Comment by Sam – March 16, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But that’s just the reason why some viewers find him annoying: He sings a lot and thus gets a lot of screentime, but the songs and the character himself have hardly any relevance to actual plot lines.

Comment by Kaley – March 16, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I say he should get better plotlines than “ooh audition for the school musical”…

It’s not enough… They need to justify all the solo’s.

Comment by finnick – March 16, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch a lot of these shows but I love Supernatural and Smash. Glee was incredible for season one, season two was awful and season three is better than two but still not great.

I love Cas on Supernatural and Karen on Smash. For the record, I can’t stand Ivy or Ellis on Smash. Blaine is good in moderation. One of the biggest problems that Glee has is Ryan Murphy’s leaning toward excess. Whenever RM decides he has a new favorite person or cause we are inundated with his choice and it ends up hurting the show.

Comment by Lisa – March 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Dan, Owen, Alex, Adrianna, Karen, Jenna

Comment by Captain – March 16, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Dan Humphrey!

Comment by Sana – March 16, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee – How is Mr Shue not on this list. He is a terrible teacher and a pathetic role model. He makes me want to stop watching Glee.
    Rachel, Finn and Blaine are all tie for a close 2nd on the dislike meter.
    90210 – Hate Dixon and Ivy way more than Adrianna.
    30 Rock – Hate Tracey way more than Jenna
    Supernatural – Love Castiel, but in small doses.

Comment by Gerald – March 16, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass tries to rape little girls, takes the virgiexpressed depressed girl after previously sexually assulting her in the past, Abuses and prostitutes his girlfriend for real estate. His psycho stans are the ones that despise Dan just because they can’t stand Blair fell in love with him and doesn’t want Chuck anymore. Their judgment is completely impaired. They’re the type of women that writes love letters to prison inmates.

Comment by SuckBass – March 16, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everything about this comment is so insulting, and stop bringing Chuck into it. My hatred of Dan has very little to do with Chuck. “Loving Chuck” does not equal “Hating how Dan judged and cheated on Serena, followed by him cheating on Vanessa, followed by him ignoring Serena’s feelings and hooking up with her best friend right in front of her face.”

Comment by Emily – March 16, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so you want dan to give serena hope even though he have feeling for blair? don’t you think it will be so much worse? lucas scott everyone?

Comment by dea – March 16, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t really consider Blaine a “polarizing” character. He is widely loved and hated but it’s not really because of anything he does, it’s because of the overwhelming support he initially got and the fact many consider him “overrated.” I don’t really have an opinion on him regardless.

Comment by Captain – March 16, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is probably true.

Comment by Anderstan – March 16, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry but I hate or maybe that is too strong a word but I dislike Castiel He was ok in season 4 but now he is becoming a unwelcome for me.

Comment by Lucy – March 16, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care what anyone says….I love me some Betty Draper (not Betty Francis).

Comment by Brittany Swanstrom – March 16, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel needs to be written off the show for good. He served his purpose and he doesn’t fit in SN anymore. Having him there just for the fanservice will ruin the show.

Comment by Tina – March 16, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stifles huge yawn of boredom at you singing the same old song…

Comment by Kate – March 16, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m stifling a yawn right now at your rude, pointless comments and Castiel returning yet again for no reason.

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s just no spot for him anymore, it’s what I’m always saying. Putting him back in means less time for more important matters… It’s just fanservice, the only reason. He’s not important to any of the storylines going on now and there is no need to have him back. It’s getting old.

Comment by Mekina – March 16, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The storylines aren’t even important to the storylines anymore. The last 2 seasons have been totally unfocused, incohesive and uneven. How many of the “major” plotlines from last season never went anywhere at all? Stop acting like taking Cas out of the show will cure bad writing. He’s been gone since ep2 and guess what? The show wasn’t magically awesome again. If you don’t like the character, fine, but stop assigning his involvement more importance than it really carries.

Comment by Amy – March 16, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Type: takes the virginity of a depressed girl after previously sexually assaulting her in the past

Comment by SuckBass – March 16, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do people hate Alex (Happy Endings)? I get that she’s a bit dim, but in a sweet, loveable way.

Comment by TamIAm – March 16, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I haven’t seen anyone in the comments saying they actually do hate her. I’ll keep looking though, because I don’t understand it either.

Comment by Amy – March 16, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that the character of Blaine isn’t a good character. I just love him,and Klaine is something beautiful. Glee helps people to keep open mind cause we are all human being,gay,lesbians,transgender isn’t bad,we are just human and we are not all the same,so it’s beautiful know the differences :)
    And Darren Criss in the role of Blaine and also Chris Colfer in the role of Kurt are so amazing and so real that is very impressive and entertaining to watch Glee every week. :)

Comment by aryItalianGLEEKfan – March 16, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post