Exclusive

Exclusive: And Zachary Levi's New TV Wife Is…

The Chuck/Sarah era is officially over.

The hunt for an actress to play Zachary Levi‘s new TV bride in the Fox comedy pilot Let It Go is over, and TVLine can exclusively reveal that Kat Foster (‘Til Death, Weeds) has landed the role.

The ensemble comedy revolves around a married parents of a four-year-old son as they try to navigate, negotiate and sometimes manipulate society’s unspoken rules. (Press PLAY below for a more detailed description of the premise from Levi himself.)

DJ Nash (Traffic Light) penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Peter Tolan (Rescue Me) and Michael Wimer.

Thoughts? Do you think Foster will be able to fill the big shows previously worn by Yvonne Strahovsky?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. Liz B. says:

Yvonne’s hotter, but this Kat girl looks pretty enough and more suburban, honestly. If she was on Weeds, I’m sure she’ll do fine.

That said, Chuck and Sarah forever.

2. Courtney says:

Never. Chuck+Sarah FOREVER!!!

3. Matthew says:

Never!

4. ravensfan says:

I loved Kat on Til Death. Guess it also helps that DJ Nash was a producer on Til Death. Hey Mike, do i get a gold star for reading the credits? Lol! I’ll watch because i already miss seeing Zach Levi on my tv screen.

5. Hann says:

It’ll be weird to see him with someone other than Yvonne, but if it means Zachary Levi is on my television again, I’ll give it a try.

6. LFM says:

This sounds like an older version of Up All Night, which bored me to tears, so even though I like Zach Levy, I think I’ll give it a miss.

7. Monica says:

Anything and everything that Zach does I will support. I love watching him on the screen!

8. drosejr says:

So Chuck will finally get his brunette! Hope the pilot gets picked up, and Zach finds a new TV home. Good luck to all.

9. ggny says:

no mention of Joel David Moore being casted in the pilot also? i didnt plan on checking the show out but with Zach and Joel together i will now

10. Brendan says:

The phase where we get to imagine all the dream castings is more fun… :)

11. Dee says:

Long live Zach.

12. Mia says:

A tv husband hotter than a tv wife? Seriously that happens? I’m sure there must be other examples of this on tv, however at the moment I can’t think of any.

13. Katy says:

Nope nopedy nope. Yvonne and Zach had great chemistry on screen and I don’t believe Kat is able to top that. So Zach and Yvonne FTW!

14. Dee says:

Zac and his BFF Joel (casted as the friend) in a sitcom together? Should make for great on screen rapport! As much as I love Chuck and Sarah (ditto Yvonne) I don’t think you can really compare the two. Sigh…still miss Chuck though.

15. Anna says:

The chuck/sarah era will never end! It will seriously be weird to see someone else with our chuck, but she looks nice enough. :) I’m definitely gonna be tuning in! However, nobody can replace Yvonne Strahovski. Dude, she’s a tall blonde Australian. She’s got this girl beat by 1,000,000 miles.

16. Henry says:

First: It’s Yvonne Strahovski (who PWNS ALL)! Second: Chuck & Sarah is eternal!

17. laura says:

I had a feeling this might happen. The shipping wars have begun. This article has now set the stage for the audience to NEVER accept Kat Stevens in this role with Zach. You can’t replace Yvonne -it should never had been a question in the first place. Way to go.

18. naiade says:

never babe, never. no one can ever replace Vonny ..

19. Nancy says:

No. Never.

20. Temis says:

I don’t care about shipper wars, but wow does this sitcom sound generic. Can’t Zach find a better show than this? How about a broadcast drama or cable comedy? Broadcast comedies are almost always bad and when they’re good, they get cancelled.

21. Aiden says:

Nope. Don’t think ANYONE can fill the shoes of Yvonne Strahovski/Sarah Walker, which is why I hope the characterizations will be vastly different from the ones on Chuck. Otherwise, it’s just gonna pale in comparison. (Yes, yes. I know it’s a different show, but there’s no way Chuck fans aren’t gonna draw some comparisons.)

That said, though, I’m rooting very hard for “Let It Go.” I’m sure Chuck fans will be watching it closely, too.

22. daniel says:

you know they could have picked lindsay price i mean seriously pilot season should really consider her for a role i miss her zachary and lindsay would be perfect

23. Hannah says:

I’m hopelessly devoted to Zac so I will give it a go. Yeah it’s ZAC btw. He himself has said it.. Grr…. Also Strahovski! UGH. No shipping wars from me but Chuck/Sarah were IT. No beating them. I am pretty sure I wouldn’t of acccepted ANYONE so it’s not a personal thing.

24. Sam says:

Yvonne is better, but Kat doesnt seem that bad

25. Carmichael says:

Kat Foster was ok on the few episodes of Til Death I did watch, but yeah, she’s no Yvonne Strahovski. Does this mean we have to come back to reality? I do like the thought of Joel David Moore as his friend though. He’s a fitting substitute for Josh Gomez.

26. Aidan Williams says:

This sounds like an interesting Tv Show i am such a big fan of Chuck and Zachary Levi and can not wait to see it.

27. Bertine Centen says:

Apparantly it’s just me, but dye her blond, and she could be Yvonne’s sibling!

28. Mike says:

Zac and Yvonne’s chemistry was epic, don’t think she’ll top that, but this is pure sitcom so chemistry is less important. I’m sure she’ll be fine and I’ll tune in just because this guy is a class act!

29. Erin says:

I was really wishing that Zac would of chosen a better pilot from all the offers that he was getting.

30. Louise says:

Yvonne would have been a much better choice! Nah, I don’t know. I can only picture Zachary Levi with Yvonne Strahovski, but we’ll see how the show goes.

31. Daiane says:

Que nada,deveria ser a Yvonne a noiva dele,não essa mulher ai

32. Jessica says:

i will watch anything he is in!! :)

33. John says:

I wish Yvonne was cast but it would never happen. I miss Chuck so much though

34. No. She can’t hold a candle to Yvonne, but it should be a good show, anyway. I’ll watch…that’s all they care about.

35. hal foster says:

Kat Foster’s coming from RADA, off-Broadway theater, TV comedy and drama sit-coms bodes well for Zach to have just what he needs for Let It Go to be a class act.

36. Cynthia Vaccarella says:

I don’t think Zach Levi is necessarily America’s posterboy for hotness in the traditional sense. IMO His hotness resonates more from what seems an endearing personality & sense of humor – like an adorable hot. That said, doesn’t this actress deserve a chance to show her talent instead of judging by first glance? After all, they are just t.v. shows, and all actors have to eventually move on.