Exclusive: NBC Renews Grimm For Season 2

The folks at Grimm got some scary-good news today: NBC has picked up the freshman spooker for a second season!

The Friday drama has been a rare bright spot this season for NBC, which has seen nearly all of its rookie dramas — The Playboy Club, The Firm, Free Agents and Prime Suspect — quickly crash and burn.

With its most recent outing, Grimm drew 5.2 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, but of significance is the fact that at last tally, it’s 18-49 numbers enjoyed the largest increase — 87 percent! — of any network series in DVR Live+7 data.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

1. schwilsman says:

Prediction for season 2: Juliette will leave Burkhalter (sp), which is okay because she’s been the weak link in the show. Then, Buffy and Angel style, Burkhalter will hook up with the dragon girl for some hot times and complicated fun. The chemistry was smoking between those two.

• Joanne says:

Really? Do you think that or is that an actual spoiler from a reliable source? Coz I would love that! Juliette is boring and that dragon girl was perfect for Nick.

2. Colleen O says:

Glad to hear it! Really enjoying this unusual and interesting show . Plus it showcases Portland, OR! :)

3. billy the kid says:

Monroe is the best!
    Give the show some time, It is picking up steam. I watch it on demand on xfinity so I don’t give the show views , but i bet if they tally up the on demand views they will see it is watched a lot.

4. jmk says:

Super!!! Monroe is by far the best character in the show. Looking forward to the rest of this season and all of the next.

5. jspattzfan says:

So glad to hear the news!I love this show and like the Friday night slot. Count me as another big Monroe fan- what a great character! The whole ensemble, though, is good. I’m anxious to see how they wrap up some of this season’s story lines, in particular Cartain Rrenard and Juliet, also hoping that they bring out the season on DVD.

6. Pedro Ribeiro says:

Great, looove iiit! Greetings from Portugal

7. that is great news I know about 20 people tha never miss an episode … This show is got everything finally the networks keep a show thta people like!!!!

8. Joanne says:

Oh my God! I am so so happy! I love Grimm! It is my favorite show right after Supernatural :). I hope it gets at least 5 seasons, it is freakin awesome.

9. id says:

Great news! I hope the show Once Upon a Time on ABC is renewed as well; these two shows are perfect together, though not on the same channel, as they satisfy both the Fantasia and real world aspects of the old original stories, fables, and myths in a more modern sense.

10. jim says:

But why does this show seem to often be a repeat episode or not on at all. Like, here it is again, last week was a repeat and last night it wasn’t on. Been irregular like that since the Fall, Drives me crazy.

11. Teresa says:

I love this show. So glad it’s been re-upped. And I think Juliette is going to surprise some people. I think she and Nick are perfect together. Ariel is interesting, but as a match for Nick, I don’t think so… she’s too volatile and Nick’s a cop/Grimm. He needs someone more stable.

12. AndyOnTV says:

Ooooooh Free Agents was a drama – maybe thats why I thought it wasnt funny… womp womp

13. Hanna says:

I’m very happy to hear the good news! This is a great series! I like it far better than “Once upon a Time…”

14. Lina says:

GrrRt to hear, but confused. During last weeks ending it said make sure to watch the next new & last 6 episodes.
    So what is it? Picked up or cancelled?

Re: Grimm

15. i wait all week for this show it is scary, but also thoughtful and historically accurate about the Grimm’s world. my favorite actor is nick’s helper. my wife and i call him “wolfy”. even my young grand daughter can’t wait for the show to air every week she knows all of the charecters and creatures by name and is looking up german history on her PC. i think what makes the show work is chemistry between actors and attention to detale. this show is special for one reason……it is not predictable and it makes you work, like watching brain candy. i have not seen a show this good in thirty years ……keep it up…..PLEASE!

16. peter says:

best series made after long time ! =)

17. Carol Ann Churchill says:

I love Grimm <3 Would love to see it stick around as long as Supernatural! Love Nick & Monroe :)

18. Chris Dejole says:

Grimm is the best thing that’s ever happened to TV.we love the way the stories add up.makes sense too. We can’t wait to see what creature the police chief is.and now Nick’s moms involved,its gonna be action packed.so when is S2 starting please…?

19. GRIMM says:

best serie ever love it pleas keep on making it i wil look out fore more !!!!!

20. jeremy turner says:

Grimm is the only show i have stuck with in i dont know how long

21. Jamesmfkntate says:

30 rock is awesome and not an under performing comedy, you nincompoop.

22. cameron says:

WOOOOOOOO!!!! Can’t wait for season 2! just finshed season 1 about 20 minutes ago. I. Can’t. Wait. Grimm is awesome!

23. Kenia says:

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THIS SHOW!!!!! PLZ KEEP IT GOING, I’m sad it’s off for the summer, but Excited its even coming back on for a 2nd season!

24. theresa makins says:

I’m just glad to have Grimm coming back on for another season

25. This show rox!! Can’t wait to see the next season, please start soon!!! =D

26. Joanne says:

YYIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND GOODY GOODY!!!
    THAT NEWS MADE MY YEAR!!!! LOVE GRIMM!!!

27. Trav says:

Good! Monroe steals the show.

28. Trav says:

Fun show. I think that we need a Grimm bestiary though. I love the names for them.

29. soph says:

Made up love it!! Really hope there is a season 2

30. When is Grimm coming back on??? I am so ready to get back into it!!!

31. Judy says:

Ditto, love his “straight man” comic relief…I really enjoy the show, and I’m 70 years old. My brain doesn’t know it though.