Is a Desperate Reunion Needed? Idol's Tightest 10? Sexy New Vampire Vibes? And More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we’re going to lob at you, from shows including Desperate Housewives, Desperate HousewivesAmerican Idol, Private Practice, Vampire Diaries and Community!

1 | Didn’t it seem a bit insane that Grimm‘s Nick managed to hear his cell phone ring all the way upstairs while he was chasing dragon girl outside? (And not that we’re complaining, but wasn’t he shirtless a lot last week?)

2 | On Portlandia, weren’t Fred and Carrie’s Bert and Ernie-style beds adorable?

3 | In the wake of last week’s tragic death, Desperate Housewives really, really, really has to reunite Tom and Lynette by the May 13 series finale, right?

| It made for a moving Good Wife “moment,” yes, but the people living in Alicia’s old house never painted over her kids’ growth chart scrawled on the wall…?

5 | Isn’t The Walking Dead‘s Carl a pretty good shot for a kid who 1) basically just picked up a gun, 2) fired in near-pitch blackness and 3) had maybe a few inches’ clearance over Dads’ shoulder?

| Jody and Sheila on Shameless: Ick, right?

| Who else was delighted by the revelation that GCB‘s Cricket is fully aware that Blake is gay, and by the unveiling of their double-wide bed?

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Smash, Castle, Once, Bones, Big Bang Theory, Secret Circle and More

8 | We don’t mind Once Upon a Time tweaking the fairy tales some, but Red Riding Hood is also the Big Bad Wolf? Huh?! That said, wasn’t it nice that the obvious suspect — David Anders in a one-scene appearance as Dr. Whale that howled, “It’s me!” — wasn’t the wolf? Also, we can’t decide who has the better BFFship: Snow and Red or Mary Margaret and Emma?

10 Segue alert! Who is hoping that RuPaul’s Drag Race comes down to a duel between the beauty (Willam) and the beast (Latrice Royale)?

11 | With so many terrific singers getting axed in The Voice‘s Battle Rounds, while weaker vocalists skate through due to easy match-ups, should the show rethink the way this stage of the competition is structured for Season 3?

12 | Are Smash viewers supposed to be, like, rooting for the adulterous Julia and Michael? Because we don’t cheer on such things. Speaking of what we dislike, can the producers please write a scene in which Ellis gets mowed down by a runaway cab — and let us see the impact? On a superficial note, let’s talk about Karen’s “Marilyn Monroe” this week: Was the mediocre makeover intentional, seeing how it all went down in Ivy Lynn’s imagination?

13 | Does every episode of Alcatraz have to be so bleak, so dark? Save for Doc’s clumsy flirting with that cute M.E., there’s not a remotely light moment to be found. Solution: Dharma van, hill.

Switched at Birth14 | Anyone else surprised that Switched at Birth‘s private school allows Bay to wear such a short uniform skirt?

15 | Why didn’t Cougar Town‘s Bobby do his Confidence Dance before his date with Angie? That probably would have helped.

16 | How long must it have taken to create Fat Schmidt for that one-minute New Girl scene? And who would like to see more of him? As for the other male roomies, is the show trying to get us to dislike Nick? Because after this week’s episode, we kinda do.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s Anatomy, Bones, Parks and Rec, Revenge, Walking Dead and More!

17 | Are the agents at the center of Bravo’s New York-set Million Dollar Listing the least-interesting reality personalities ever? Surely there are crazier characters to be found in the Big Apple.

18 | Could ABC’s Revenge for Real “news”-magazine series be any more shameless in cheesily co-opting footage, graphics and music cues from the actual Wednesday night sudser? What’s next, Once Upon a Time for Real? (Thank God that Revenge, for real, returns April 18.)

19 | Can we get an entire Happy Endings episode where the gang has switched bodies? Has. To. Happen.

20 | On Suburgatory, was Dallas’ crystalized mold of Joy Behar’s head the most randomly hilarious sight gag of the season?

21 | This week’s One Tree Hill should have come with blood pressure and ulcer medication, yes?

22 | What did you think of The Vampire Diaries‘ crow and voiceovers making a comeback? My, how far we’ve come, right? And were we the only ones feeling some Elena/Matt vibes this week?

23 | “I didn’t cry, Charlotte! I didn’t cry!” OK, but did you, Private Practice fans?

24 | Is this the strongest, most evenly matched Top 10 in American Idol history?

25 | Wasn’t it nice to see Grey’s Anatomy‘s eligible and attractive Jackson get some?

26 | How good did it feel to hear the Community theme song again? And who was the Dianna Agron clone that Abed was doing the Lindbergh Lean with?

27 | Is it safe to conclude that Katrina Bowden was quietly let go from 30 Rock between Seasons 5 and 6?

28 | Who else found it pretty brilliant that in order to incorporate One Life to Live‘s John McBain into the General Hospital landscape, they established a sordid history between Llanview’s finest and Port Charles mob boss Sonny Corinthos? And on a less upbeat note, are we the only ones having a hard time watching all of the hoopla surrounding Robin’s death? It’s just too darn sad.

1. Ally says:

If Lynette and Tom don’t reunite I will be so disappointed. Such an awful storyline, what were the writers thinking?!

• Elyse says:

Jane is the WORST.

• Ally says:

Jane is awful. How people think she’s nicer and a better person than Lynette is beyond me.

• AngieD says:

I agree! If Jane truly just wanted Penny to have pictures at her party, Jane would’ve insisted that Penny and Lynette have pictures together. Instead, Jane attached herself to Penny and then objects that Lynette would want to be in them??? Come on, Penny is Lynette’s daughter, not Jane’s.

• Francesca says:

I think they did the right thing by breaking them up, I can’t stand Lynette anymore… she always has to get her way and that has to stop!

• jake says:

The annoying thing about their breakup was that it was all lynette’s fault to begin with — she kept pushing him and pushing him to aim higher to take the better job — then when he finally did — she started nagging him about that. I don’t see how tragedy will bring them together — i hope that Mike’s death is for something — because Tom did say that he was happy. I’m all for them getting back together.

2. Bob says:

Though she’s not on much, Katrina’s still on “30 Rock”…

3. Smigglesby says:

Re 30. It’s season 5 and 6 and she was in Leap Day.

And yeah tom and lynette need to be reunited.

4. Ceylan says:

7) yes, I was unhappy thinking she was so clueless, she’s apparently the smartest

8)I think red riding hood the movie did the same thing, but I was so sad to see that she never got her happy ending (or beginning) but Em and MM ftw

14)yeah, some of those are so not realistic. what was up with those shorts? but I wear shorter and tighter skirts to a private german school so…

22)I really think they should just be friends

25)finally! Mark and I have been waiting for this for weeks, atleast he was able to help =D and she was really pretty, from a direct angle (sorry for being shallow about this)

• Lauren says:

No in the movie (Spoilers for anyone who hasn’t seen it) it’s her Dad.

• MaryAnn says:

Shame on you! I was thinking of seeing the movie on video, and your “spoiler warning” was worthless — I saw that and the spoiler at the same time.

And all that while I was scrolling down to mention that the author of this blog should never have spoiled the Red Riding Hood episode of “Once UPon a Time” like that — I would have been very annoyed if I hadn’t seen it already.

• Russ says:

It wasn’t that great of a movie and has been out for like a year.

• Tiffany says:

How long is something a “spoiler”? You can’t expect people not to discuss old information on the off chance someone somewhere may have not seen a year-old movie and may want to…someday.

• dan says:

The person put a spoiler warning in, clearly they were trying to be courteous.

5. Elyse says:

I was definitely feeling the Elena/Matt vibes on TVD and honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing them together. I’m over Stefan.

• Russ says:

I feel if Matt and Elena get together he won’t live to make it next season or will die in the first few episodes.

• jenny says:

Matt and Elena *yawn* Stefan and Elena are boring. Matt and Elena would be so dull, it could be used to cure insomnia. Zzzzzzz

6. Mik says:

I haven’t watched 30 rock since season 3, but is Katrina Bowden no longer part of the cast? I don’t get question 27. I hope someone can help, thanks.

Looking forward to the finale of The Walking Dead and I also hope Lynette and Tom can reunite before the show ends!

7. gato says:

Loved that Cricket knew about her husbands xtra activity, it happens alot more than people realize. I am so torn over the dolls on Drag Race! Loving Willam, Latrice, & Sharon Needles!!! I will be happy with any one of them winning!!!!! Cant wait for more Revenge!

8. Bob says:

re: Mik

Katrina is on so rarely, it’s easy to think she’s no longer on “30 Rock”…and she often doesn’t even have any lines.

9. waxlion says:

Katrina Bowden was in “Leap Day” with Tracy and the writers at the Japanese restaurant.

10. Air says:

6 | No way! Jody and Sheila are oddly perfect for each other. As long as I don’t have to actually SEE them doing the dirty, I’m down for their wacky and sweet version of playing house. Comic gold right there.

22 | Hilarious. But don’t want Matt and Elena resurfacing, though the anvils are huge and obvious. I want him to be Xandered please.

11. George says:

I don’t cry much during TV (or movies for that matter), but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t shed a tear or two during “Private Practice” last night. In addition to CharCoop sl, the Sam and his sister sl had me a little misty-eyed as well.

• Anne says:

I cried, too.

• elr says:

Yes, I cried buckets too. And I liked how they then cried together.
      I’m tearing up just writing this.

• elr says:

I forgot to mention how much I am liking the relationship between Charlotte and Mason. She has such a good way of telling him horrible information and then stepping back so she doesn’t interfere with his relationship with his mom.

12. Newo says:

i could very well be wrong but wasn’t Carl included as part of the gun training that everyone did ?

• elr says:

I don’t know about the training…he was probably off by himself in the woods when that was happening. But he sure has excellent aim and night vision for a 10 year old. What more do you need in Zombie times?

13. Tab says:

#22 – Yes, totally felt the Elena/Matt vibes. All season 3 I’ve been a Delena fan, but with all the back and forth between them, it is bringing me back to being a Stelena shipper. You never know what the writers will do! And I loved seeing the crow again…brought back memories of the pilot.

14. Matx88 says:

TVD!!! I’ve been feeling those Elena/Matt vibes for the whole season!! They’ve been putting them together too often lately… and definitely last night episode had some weird scene in the closet…!!

15. TheBeach says:

This is the first time I remember when 5 or 6 of the AI Top Ten have a legitimate shot at winning so, yes, I agree it’s strong.
    Million Dollar Realtors…watched once and that’s it. And when their “hot” realtor was shaving his body, even his arms…ugh, so not hot.
    Yep, “Deadeye” Carl was a bit unbelievable on TWD but I still love the show.
    Being “Smash”ed by a taxi is too good for Ellis. I want him to feel the wrath of Angelica Huston.

• elr says:

Yes, this is a very strong top 10, but unfortunately with the same lame judges.

• Terry says:

hahaha, I can’t comment on whether or not this is the tightest top 10 because I’m not watching on account of they kept the same lame azz “judges”!

16. Does anyone else feel like Desperate Housewives will end like Seinfeld? A trial and all the neighbors have to testify? We keep hearing about returns of past residents and it seems like that is where it is going.

17. Anna says:

We have to wait another MONTH for Revenge?!?

Arrrghhhh!

18. TV Gord says:

I like that 30 Rock uses people when they’re needed, and doesn’t when they’re not.

19. Ram510 says:

YES!!!! A Desperate Housewives Reunion must happen! And maybe even a movie as long as it good

And the crows on Vampire Diaries was not needed and shouldn’t come back. The story has changed too much for them to go back that ridiculousness.

However the crows work pretty well on The Secret Circle

20. Christy says:

Regarding #TVD, if by Matt/Elena vibes you mean vibes that were forced upon us and practically shoved down our throats, then yes. Matt bores the heck out of me. When he said you can’t shake someone you’ve fallen in love with he was talking about Elena. She was thinking about Damon. The wheels are turning.

21. jennifer says:

On Desperate Housewives, Tom & Lynette MUST be a couple again by the end of this show. It was such a stupid idea separating them. Since its’ the final season-this almost seems like something that was written to get more ratings or whatever-I don’t know. I’ve watched DH since its’ debut & the Scalvos( at least to me anyway) have always seemed like the strongest couple. Over the years,they have been through a lot-but stayed together. It seems unrealistic & absurd to me that after going through so much-they would break up now?! Seems preposterous-doesn’t it? Thank you.

• Missy says:

Agreed, Tom and Lynette should be reunited. They should never have been split up. Honestly, for me, this has been the worst season yet. I hate all the story lines – the loan shark (who in the middle of the day shoots Mike on his front porch), Karen McClusky’s cancer, Orson Hodges return and the evidence he mailed to the cops about Bree’s involvement in Gabrielle’s stepfather’s death, Carlos’ insistance on giving away their money, and the pregnancy of Julie and it being Porter’s baby, ugghhh. I know what you are saying, why am I still watching? I keep asking myself that question, and the only explanation is I started watching in 2004 and I would be angry with myself for not seeing it through to the end no matter how disgusted I am with it all.

• AngieD says:

Karen McClusky’s cancer was written in since the actress is currently undergoing treatment for cancer. WHile it’s a ‘sad’ storyline, it’s given more meat to Karen and Roy’s love story.

22. Jon says:

No, no, no. Do not reunite Tom and Lynette. He deserves better than the overbearing harpy her character has become.

23. jennifer says:

You mentioned Alcatraz(which I stopped watching long ago) being dark,bleak. I’d just like to say this: if the goal of the ones who made this particular program was to (A) make one of the most depressing shows ever (B) have very violent scenes (C) have a female lead who isn’t endearing (D) be repetitive week after week (E) reveal almost no answers whatsoever- Congratulations! The goals have been met & then some! I’d rather spend a few nights locked in Alcatraz than watch this show.

• Anna says:

I am so with you on Alcatraz. I just stopped in the middle of an episode a couple of weeks ago and said I am done. Too dark and depressing for me with no payoff at all. Catch bad guys who do horrible things and put them in a cell with no explanation about what’s going to happen. In addition to dull characters, Sam Neil’s character is a complete d*ck for no discernable reason. I don’t mind someone being an a$$ if I know the reasons why.

• elr says:

Sadly, I have to agree with everything you wrote. I would really like some answers at this point instead of just the repetetion of the same formula week-after-week. There are not many more episodes to go and we basically haven’t learned anything. And it is way beyond time for the female doctor (sorry can’t remember her name) to come out of her coma…

24. Carmichael says:

5 | Isn’t The Walking Dead‘s Carl a pretty good shot for a kid who 1) basically just picked up a gun, 2) fired in near-pitch blackness and 3) had maybe a few inches’ clearance over Dads’ shoulder?
    ~
    Yeah considering how he dropped the gun in the episode before.
    ~
    16 | How long must it have taken to create Fat Schmidt for that one-minute New Girl scene? And who would like to see more of him? As for the other male roomies, is the show trying to get us to dislike Nick? Because after this week’s episode, we kinda do.
    ~
    Possibly, considering they need to tone down the Nick/Jess stuff
    ~
    19 | Can we get an entire Happy Endings episode where the gang has switched bodies? Has. To. Happen.
    ~
    That would be interesting.
    ~
    20 | On Suburgatory, was Dallas’ crystalized mold of Joy Behar’s head the most randomly hilarious sight gag of the season?
    ~
    Indeed because of the out of left field randomness of it
    ~
    ~
    It was streets ahead! And I don’t know, but I wouldn’t mind seeing more of her. And was so glad to see Annie’s Boobs alive and well, he better not be the character that dies.
    ~
    27 | Is it safe to conclude now that Katrina Bowden was quietly let go from 30 Rock between Seasons 5 and 6?
    ~
    She was in that Brotherhood of Man sketch they did for the Super Bowl, for what it’s worth.

25. Sarah says:

I actually really liked the Once Upon A Time twist of Red being the Wolf. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

26. No one says:

I thought Revenge comes back on April 11th? Don’t tell me I have to wait another week for it!

27. ceebee says:

Sharon Needles for the win on Drag Race!!! Latrice – 2nd and Chad Michaels – 3rd (they are the Top 3 IMO)….

28. em says:

1. I noticed that Nick was shirtless a lot last week, too :)
    12. I can’t watch the scenes with Julia and Michael at this point. They have chemistry, but I can’t watch a married woman and a married man, both with kids, engage in an affair. And I find it a tad disturbing how romantic and natural the writers are portraying it.
    22. I’ve been getting Elena/Matt vibes for several eps now. Especially when they were at that bridge some eps back.
    26. Dianna Argon, right? I had to do a double take! I’ve been watching a lot of Community eps over the hiatus, so hearing the theme wasn’t anything new. It was more of the fact that I was actually sitting in front of my TV at 8 in anticipation.

• lara says:

re 12) I COMPLETELY AGREE. I might be willing to get into it a little bit, if either of their spouses were horrible people, but they both seem so amazingly supportive and loving. Also, the fact that this is the SECOND ROUND of the affair makes it even more disgusting.

29. Jessica says:

#23 – oh my god did I ever! How amazing was the scene!!!
    #25 – I really like jackson, I like him and lexie together but I am pretty sure that won’t happen, so good for him!

30. Pat says:

Here’s a question: How disturbing is it that litterally everyone has been romantically involved with everyone on Gossip Girl (with the exception of Chuck and Serena)? That’s BAD writing!!!

31. Jericho says:

@26 – It would have been better if it was actually Agron

@27 – How is that not a good thing? Her character was really uninteresting and only there to up the “sexy” level in the shows early seasons when it was needed to get eyeballs on the show. Now that the show “is what it is”, she is unneeded and in my mind, unwanted. Still wish they would stop making Liz into a completely worthless character, but its still a funny show.

32. Tara says:

OMG One Tree Hill was an emotional roller coaster this week, and next week’s preview makes me think that I’ll shed some tears. I can’t believe that after all the crap Dan has done that I was actually cheering for him!

33. Cody says:

I need help understanding how, even if TVD is shot in Georgia, the person editing forgot to remove footage of a Georgia highway sign! Fail

34. Mark says:

If Cougar Town gets cancelled, I’d love to see Courtney Cox do a guest spot on New Girl in a flashback where fat Schmidt goes on a date with fat Monica from Friends.

35. Carrie says:

Regarding New Girl, I’ll forgive the Nick scenes this week if only because I thought Winston’s debt letter was one of the funniest moments that his character has had.

36. Mary says:

I 100% agree with your take on Julia and Michael from Smash. Even if he wasn’t married, the way Michael pursues Julia with complete disregard for her family is crazy. The way he ignores his own family makes him seem like a narcissistic jerk. I am rooting against them both at this point.

37. jake says:

Seems rather frustrating that after the two part crossover episode in which they save cooper’s ex girlfriend that they then go ahead and have the cancer spread anyways but still sad nonetheless.

38. Angela says:

#3: YES. They’re the only ones who can put up with and understand each other’s crap :p. I like them together.
    #24: Ehhhhhhhhhhh. I think the girls are better than the guys this season overall, but I can remember “Idol” seasons past that were better on all levels.
    #26: It was wonderful. I was reminded just how much I missed that opening song, and the show, last night. And I wondered about her, too! Think she’ll be back at any point in the future (and another question: how can a girl NOT find Troy and/or Abed adorable? I think I fell in love with them a little more last night).

39. ste says:

OTH- I had a headache after that episode from freaking out and hyperventilating!!!

OUAT- LOVED that Red was the wolf.

40. CJ says:

Uh…pay attention. Katrina Bowden was just in the Leap Day episode of 30 Rock. She’s not a major character and she has been filming a bunch of movies, but she is very much still a part of the show.

41. Sue says:

# 3 Tom was always second or third string in his workplace so I’m not buying he’s all of a sudden this big shot. Lynette didn’t appreciate Tom until he was gone and she could be a nag. But a lot of times, he needed it. I’m up in the air about these two but not a fan of Jane’s. I’ll live with whatever they decide to do with them as a couple as long as it’s good writing but not holding my breath.

#18 Revenge for real is a little bait and switch. Should have named it something else like real life ripped from the headlines. People can watch or choose not to but its bad when legitimate news sources list the ratings for this show under just Revenge. Has happened two weeks in a row. People get confused as if they missed the real Revenge. Can’t wait for it’s return.

#23 No I didn’t. Was doing a drive by and caught a bit but I’m not sure why this show is still on?

#25 He is eye candy for sure especially in a tux. But as far as acting……..a little dull and flat for my taste. To each their own.

#28 John and Sonny back story should be interesting.

As we are getting closer to finales, it might be fun to put up polls and/or questions as to what couple will survive and what couple won’t and in the fall publish the results just before the fall season starts. Team TV line has an inside advantage. But I’m guessing………….fans would win. You guys up for the challenge?

42. just wondering? says:

Guys,regarding not the season finales-but-the series finales:What about a poll asking the fans: Of the series’ that are ending/have ended their run this season- Which program will you miss the most-and-why?

43. Brendan says:

11 – Duh! I hate that singers from the same teams have to face off. That’s why that one contestant said he did not want to just be on a team, he wanted to STAY on the team. The judges talk about how much they love all these singers and then they pair them up and knock them out left and right.

44. Erika says:

3. Yes, they need to reunite. Lynette needs to stop being spiteful on the way to us getting there.

5. I know that he participated in gun practice, but I agree. He could have called out to his dad and his dad would have had enough time to shoot Shane himself.

8. I love the change in the story & I’m gonna go w/ Team Red and Snow

10. I love them both, but really I think the season is wide open and any of the remaining queens may win.

11. Yup, the battle rounds are the weakest part of the show’s format.

45. Leo says:

OUAT : Yeah, I love how they throw Dr. Whale in one scene to be a red herring. And best BFF? Definitely Emma-MM though the right term is the best Mother-Daughter. Ginnifer Goodwin is just fabulous.
    TVD : I wish people would stop attacking Matt. Yeah, he used to be boring but now he just really want to look after Elena, and after all that vampire debacle, I wouldn’t mind they start dating or at least getting close to each other again.
    PLL : No PLL questions huh?
    Smash : I cringe in horror everytime Julia and Michael came into screen. You’re right! We shouldn’t cheer on such adulterers. I hope it backfires to their face. And I used to like Michael Swift character *sigh*

46. Captain says:

#18 I agree with this so much! It’s actually pathetic how they try to piggy back off of Revenge’s success to get viewers.

47. AngieD says:

I find it pretty incredible that GH has had me cry during every episode related to Robin’s death. It’s a great tribute to the character that we literally watched grow up on TV. Kim M is one of the few soap actresses who we have seen originate a role as a child through adulthood. She’s an awesomely underappreciated actress and I wish her much success in her new pursuits. If GH does go off air, I hope they find a way to bring her back in some context.

48. Sandrine says:

1. Was wondering about that too. Maybe it’s part of being a Grimm, he has super hearing abilities.
    7. I was really touched by that revelation scene.
    13. I love Alcatraz! I’m used to the show’s darkness by now.
    16. Love Nick. Just hope he doesn’t always shout like a girl.
    21. OTH’s plot lines are so out of this world but I was still on the edge of my seat during that last episode. My friend even asked me when did OTH become a suspense series?
    23. I did! Love Private Practice even more than Grey’s.

49. Rachel says:

8 – I really like Red & Snow! I’m not a huge fan of Emma, so I suppose that’s why, but I think Red & Snow are so much fun, and I LOVED last week’s episode!

50. Anna says:

1. Maybe his Grimm powers are starting to kick in? Don’t forget his aunt was pretty amazing in the first episode and seemed to be stronger than normal.
    16. That would make an amaazing episode!
    23. Great stuff!! I was sniffling and wiping my eyes as fast as possible because my husband always makes fun of me when I cry while watching a tv show.