TNT Sets Summer Premieres for Dallas, Falling Skies, The Closer's Finale and Spin-Off, and More

Spring has not even yet sprung, but TNT has just unveiled its rather robust summer line-up, including premieres for new seasons of Falling Skies, Rizzoli & Isles and Leverage, and launch dates for Dallas, a thrill-seeking new reality competition and The Closer‘s spin-off, Major Crimes.

Check it out, then tell us which new or returning series you are most looking forward to.

Tuesday, June 5
9/8c | Rizzoli & Isles
(Season 3, 10 summer episodes)
10 pm | Franklin & Bash
(Season 2, 10 episodes)

Franklin & Bash Scoop: Life Unexpected‘s Shiri Appleby Lawyers Up

Wednesday, June 13
9 pm | Dallas (Season 1, 10 episodes)
Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray reprise their famous characters as J.R., Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing return to Southfork with secrets, schemes and betrayals. This time, they’re joined by the next generation of Ewings, played by Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe, who take ambition and deception to a new level. Dallas also stars Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong.

TNT’s Dallas: 10 Highlights From the Show’s Nostalgia-Heavy TCA Press Tour Panel

Sunday, June 17
9 pm | Falling Skies (two-hour season premiere; Season 2, 10 episodes)

Sunday, June 24
10 pm | The Great Escape (Season 1, 10 episodes)
This fast-paced, nail-biting competition series drops ordinary people into the middle of their own epic action/adventure movie. Each week, Rich Eisen (NFL Total Access) hosts as teams of competitors try to find their way out of seemingly impossible situations for a chance to take home a cash prize. The series is executive-produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, as well as the Emmy-winning producers of The Amazing Race, Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

Exclusive: The Closer Brings Back [Spoiler] for the Series Finale!

Monday, July 9
9 pm | The Closer (Season 7, six final episodes)
10 pm | Perception (Season 1, 10 episodes)
Drama fans are about to meet one of the most unique crime solvers on television when TNT premieres this fascinating new series about an eccentric neuroscience professor (played by Emmy winner Eric McCormack) who is recruited by the FBI to help solve complex cases. Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith and Kelly Rowan also star.

Sunday, July 15
8 pm | Leverage (Season 5, 10 summer episodes)

Monday, Aug. 13
10 pm* | Major Crimes (Season 1, 10 episodes)
* Premiere follows The Closer‘s series finale; regular timeslot is Mondays at 9
Mary McDonnell continues her role from The Closer as Los Angeles Police Captain Sharon Raydor, as Major Crimes focuses on how the American justice system approaches the art of the deal as law-enforcement officers and prosecutors work to score a conviction. Joining McDonnell are fellow Closer veterans G.W. Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz and Phillip P. Keene, with guest appearances by Jon Tenney and Robert Gossett.

1. DDB says:

I only discovered “The Closer” a couple of years ago, but I was immediately hooked! I’m going to be so sad when it’s all over, even with the debut of “Major Crimes!”

2. neato says:

can’t wait for season 2 of FALLING SKIES
    and i will try out DALLAS

3. Deena says:

Lord, I don’t know why they thing Major Crimes will draw in people. I mean Captain Sharon Raydor was the most disliked character in The Closer so why would I watch a show with her as the main character? :/
    I’m glad the old gang will be in it but I’d rather watch re-runs of Closer than the new show.

• Anna says:

At least we have most of The Closer’s supporting cast sticking around.

• Zack B says:

Their names are Flynn and Provenza. I will watch anything with the two of them yukking it up. Not only do they do comedy like champs, they can wrench your heart out to boot!

• kate says:

I agree that Flynn and Provenza are amazing, but I can’t stand Raydor and I don’t know if that is going to change enough for me to watch the show. It’s hard to watch a show when you don’t like the lead.

• Joe Jackson says:

I like Raydor but Major Crimes sounds too much like Law and Order

4. Lia says:

TNT has a strong bunch of shows this summer…

5. Emiko says:

What about Scent of the Missing?

6. Maria says:

Woohoo! Can’t wait to see Leverage :D

7. Juliab. says:

The Closer, so sad this is going to be the end.

Falling Skies is the other show I’m looking forward to seeing.

8. TVfan says:

Wow, Perception sounds so original..a quirky person helping the real crime solvers solve crimes using their special talent…I hope his partner is a woman so that they can have an on/off relationship and that he has a troubled past/teenage daughter..

9. Vannesa says:

Can’t wait for Rizzoli & Isles, Perception & Major Crimes. ;) :D

10. Irishgirl says:

Why do I get the feeling that Brenda Leigh and Sgt Gabriel are going to bite it in the finale? I mean….let’s look at the character of BLJ….I can’t imagine her stepping down from her job…and with Tenney making guest appearances, it would appear his character stays in LA. Soooo….I just get the feeling she dies…and since Corey Reynolds isn’t coming back, I can see him being another victim in the finale.

• b says:

Either that, or it’s a clue that he’s definitely the “leak” in Major Crimes, if he’s the only one not sticking around.

11. kirads09 says:

Super excited for Falling Skies and Leverage! :)
    :( I will miss the Closer, but understand it is time.

Reboot of Dallas – meh. Sorry – I was over that looong time ago.

12. Theresa says:

Can’t wait for Dallas!

13. ggny says:

finally franklin and bash are returning!

14. I'm Right!!! says:

What is up with 10 episode seasons? I thought that other cable networks 13 episode orders were short. 10? Really? Maybe forget a pilot or two, and add some cash and eps to proven shows?

• R&I fan says:

It says 10 summer episodes, not 10 total episodes. Most of these shows come back with episodes the next winter.

• I'm Right!!! says:

2 shows say summer eps. 6 say 10 eps period (Dallas, Falling Skies…), and 1 show is going off the air. Try again.

15. SJ says:

Does the Major Crimes announcement give us a hint on who might be the leak?

16. Sarah says:

Oh my gosh I seriously love “Leverage”. Can’t wait for it to come back.

17. Pat D. says:

I used to dislike Raydor like many, but they’ve really given her a turn from her earlier days as annoying heel. Looking forward to Major Crimes and +1000 for more Flynn and Provenza! They alone could carry a new series, LOL. Also—remember, we used to hate Flynn too, early in the series when he was also a heel.

18. Ceci says:

Yay! So happy we finally have a date for Major Crimes Premiere!
    I’m looking forward to see this show. I like The Closer too, but seven seasons is more than enough.
    Besides, Mary McDonnell is an amazing actress and most of the cast of The Closer will be here too so I think we should give it a chance!

19. jwsuro says:

they are only 10 episode SUMMER seasons. Several of the shows ? major crimes, leverage, ?others – will have 5-8 episodes in the winter

20. a says:

Leverage! Leverage! Leverage!
    Can’t wait!!!

21. JtM says:

I have mixed feelings. I can’t wait for The Closer to start back up but we only have 6 episodes of this wonderful series. I will definitely give Major Crimes a chance because it has most of the supporting cast members returning and the excellent writers and producers will work their magic, I’m sure. But they’ve got their task set out for them: they have a loooooong way to go to make Sharon Raydor sympathetic enough to carry a series on her back, ensemble cast or not.

22. Linderella says:

Falling Skies….yeah!!!! Can’t wait!

23. DJ Rogue says:

Rizzoli & Isles gets a third season, while Men Of A Certain Age is still cancelled. Unbelievable.

• fernando says:

Sweetie Rizzoli & Isles has way more viewers then Men Of A Certin Age did, and then when the live ratings are added with the dvr ratings R&I is the second highest cable rating,so i’m sorry that your show got cancel but please do not bash a wonderful and high rated cable show like R&I

• Ana says:

Agreed! I couldn’t stand Men of Certain Age but R&I is my fave not to mention that they are indeed the second highest cable show after The Closer.

• nina says:

Dude don’t talk about Rizzoli & Isles, its the best show on cable and it is the second hightest rated cable show.

24. fernando says:

Rizzoli & Isles moving to Tuesday nights idk if I’ll like that movebut hey it is paired with Franklin & Bash, maybe that will be wonderful line up.

25. Ana says:

Rizzoli and Isles for the win! I am so happy they will start in June instead of July. It will make the summer hiatus more bearable. My other must-see is Leverage but we have to wait until July??? :-( I am eager and not so eager for The Closer. IMO this is the best cable show ever and I can’t believe it’s over. I will check out Major Crimes but I’m not excited about it. Brenda Leigh makes the show and no one can take her place in major crimes. I hope she doesn’t get killed off because if she does I will most def NOT be watching Major Crimes. Other than that Perception sounds good. It’s not a new original formula per say but I don’t think there’s ever been a neurologist in that capacity so that will be new. I can’t stand Noah Wiley so no Falling Skies for me and I hated Franklin and Bash even though I really wanted to like it so not looking forward to those either. And I don’t do reality shows so, no to Great Escape. I hope USA starts their season early because they have some awesome shows as well. Can’t wait for Suits and Necessary Roughness…

26. T.V Fan says:

Dallas I am definitely looking forward to because my grandfather watched the original and loved it. Falling Skies, I’m really really looking forward to as well.

27. Tina says:

I agree with you, Mary McDonnell is one of the most underrated actresses on tv today. If anyone has bothered to keep up with The Closer they have seen the character soften over time. She is looking out for Brenda’s best interest where the lawsuit is concerned.
    Mary deserves this amazing opportunity to lead the remaining Closer cast into the new show, she has paid her dues in Hollywood. I for one am rooting for her success with Major Crimes. (And the fact that she’s almost 60 yrs old and leading a crime drama just makes it that much better. Kudos to TNT for making use of older talent.)
    I am also really looking forward to Falling Skies return, we were enjoying that show.

• Tina says:

This was supposed to be under Ceci’s post commenting that Mary McDonnell is an amazing actress. Don’t know how it ended up down here. Oh well, anyway, just super excited to see Mary back on TV where she belongs!!!

28. wayne says:

I think burn notice is a great show.haven and warehouse 13 also.I am executed that falling skies is coming back.

29. Kathy says:

I am sad they axed the closer. I thought they had a good thing going. They kept it interesting. I am unsure about Raydor. If you remember, she wasnt good at interviews and toooo “polite”. She wasn’t as tough as she needed to be. Brenda has her beat hands down. I noticed they axed pope, brenda leigh, and gabriel. I would be saddened if Gabriel was the mole. He always told her “he always had her back”. You trust your partner… it would just be dissapointing. I would rather it be captain Taylor rather than Gabriel. I am hoping Gabe gets a great promotion and leaves, Kyra gets pregnant and for goodness sake gives Fritz a baby, and the mole turns out to be someone totally surprising. Wishfull thinking.. look so forward to July!

30. kellybezz says:

All of the hints have led us to believe the leak is COMMANDER TAYLOR. It would benefit him to sabotage BRENDA & C.T. thinks he would get her job. Apparently C.T. was up for the job when BRENDA was brought in from OUTSIDE the L.A.P.D. to become deputy chief of this new priority homicide division they set up. C.T. has been resentful since day 1. My $ (theoretically speaking of course) is on him.