Survivor: One World: Too Soon for Buff-Dropping? Take Our Poll!

colton survivorThis just in: Survivor: One World is now Survivor: Greek Gods Vs. Peasants.

Yep, with 14 players left in the game, Probst gave the old “drop your buffs” signal, randomly mixed up the men’s and women’s tribes, and changed the face of the season as we know it. The headline news from the episode:

* That little puke Colton, quickly adopting a deafeatist attitude, compared the super-fit new Salani tribe (Michael, Sabrina, Jay, Kim, Troyzan, Chelsea, and Kat) to his ragtag team and declared it a case of “Greek gods vs. peasants.” Way to fire up your tribe, dude!

* Kim cozied up to Jay and Troy — keeping her voting options open and admitting that she “couldn’t be having more fun” doing it. I’m kinda digging Kim, if I’m being honest.

* Colton somehow convinced Alicia to join him in voting off Monica, then Christina — giving up the power of a “three gals and a gay” numbers advantage and opting for a tenuous alliance with a guy who’s shown very little trustworthiness and an absence of long-term strategy (see last week’s immuity default).

* “I just found the immunity idol, and it’s in my crotch.” –Kim to Chelsea (How come none of these folks ever wear baggy shorts or sweats or cargo pants anymore?)

* Tarzan in a bikini again (not cool, CBS!)

* Salani narrowly won the reward challenge (and the right to stay on the existing One World beach), then dominated in a immunity challenge where Michael & Co. used brute force and height in a game of water basketball.

* Tarzan revealed he has nominal aphasia, a condition that makes it very difficult for him to remember people’s names. Or, as Colton so “charmingly” put it, “He could write down ‘Ginny’ for all we know.” But nope, Tarzan (and everyone else on the new Manono except Christina) voted for Monica. Blindside!

So here’s my question to you: Was it too early in the season for a tribemates scramble? I was just starting to enjoy the whole “men vs. women” aspect of the game — and things were dead even, too. I kind of wish the show’s producers had let the gender war play out for another five or six weeks — then just go to a simple merge — before putting the kibosh on the One World concept. What think you? Take our poll below!

1. Ed says:

I loathe Colton, I hope he gets his butt booted very fast.

2. Melissa says:

Here’s hoping that next week Colton get’s blindsided with the idol in his pocket, and in two weeks they do another reshuffle. Honestly is this the frakkin Colton show? I’m sick of listening to that dough-boy squawk and b*tch, and am sick of his basing every decision on whether or not he likes someone. Bring me his head on a platter!

3. R Carr says:

It’s amazing to me that Colton is running things. Why are people listening to him? Because he has an idol? I don’t think I’ve ever seen an idol have that much power.

And I agree it was too early to merge, but I think the problem is having guys vs girls really limits the types of challenges you can have. And although the girls won a coulpe, and the tribes were at equal strength, the guys were better.

But the tribes now are laughably unfair. She should have called a mulligan and got a new set of eggs.

• D says:

I agree about the unfairness of the present tribes. IMO, it is more of an uneven distribution now than it was men v. women.

4. Sally says:

Tribal swatch felt a but too early for me, but I’m okay with it. What bothers me is that they’re no longer on the same beach. The title “One World” just lost its meaning. Now it’s just a regular game with a boring unlikable cast.

• gemapet says:

Didn’t care about the timing, but agree they should still be on the same beach – that’s probably why they didn’t call this season ‘one beach’ as would have been expected with this concept. Gave up on that too early – what’s the point of moving them now?

Idea for future: all stay on the same beach, closer than done here, and pull buffs for each 3 day period so two teams will compete in the reward and immunity challenges and losers go to tribal council; next day all pull buffs for the next 3 days. Would be harder to keep alliances or through someone to the wolves if its not certain who would be playing or voting with at any given challenge/tribal council.

5. Rachel says:

I always hate the tribal swap, and this was definitely too early this season.
    Especially since all of the underdogs remained underdogs… Michael and Jay (probably next on the list after Michael) were essentially on the outs on the mens’ tribe sooner or later, and now they’re down in numbers against the four women. Christina and Monica were going to be the next two out on the women’s tribe, and they ended up on the tribe with four men, so Monica is gone and Christina is probably next. Tribal swaps are only interesting when they mix things up more and give underdogs the chance to get back in the game. This did not accomplish that.

• Larkin says:

Yeah I agree with you. It’s clear Michael is the next to go on the swapped teams if his tribe goes. The girls are going to stick together. The only chance the guys have in this game is if Manano loses the next two people. Given Christina might be next -or hurt as the promo seems to imply -a second elimination might just show Colton’s true loyalities if he tries to get rid of a guy. I sincerely hope that the guys see through his manipulations and outst him right before people become jury members. If they do vote a guy over Colton or the remaining girl -then the guys truly deserve to lose this game. The only guy I’m rooting for is Jay though -so I’m hoping he is able to survive the onslaught that is coming when the girls take control of this game.

• Rachel says:

Agreed. I’m 100% Team Jay for the guys. Usually the “models by profession” that they have on the show are morons (ex: Judd aka Fabio), but Jay seems to be smart, logical, and respectful. For the girls, despite her whining a few weeks back, I’m all for Chelsea. I’d love to see them work together, but I think you’re right that the girls are sticking together. If Salani loses, Michael goes, because that keeps all of Kim’s potential alliances intact, and if Salani loses again, Jay is as good as gone unless they keep him over Troyzan for the muscle/likeability.

6. Alex says:

I think they should have kept the one world, and do a swap an episode or 2 prior to merge, or even keep it in separate tribes for longer, but with multiple swaps along the way.

• Ivan says:

Dude the tribe swap is 1 or 2 episodes before the merge. Next episode will probably be the last episode with teams and since after that 12 people will be left, the merge will happen then

7. Larry says:

The guys team was a mess and there were clear alliances in both the male and female camps. If they didn’t switch it up -it didn’t matter which team lost it was clear who would be going. The problem is the swap did nothing to hurt the girls at all. It did allow some of the younger guys some chance though. It’s clear by the editing that the girls will gain the upper hand with a four girl alliance and Colton in the mix. This swap only allows some of the guys who would had gone earlier because of the misfit alliance to stay longer. I really really want Colton out soon though -he is the worst kind of villian. He is clearly not like Russell who I loved to hate on. The guy has nothing that you can root for. He is SO lucky he got the immunity idol so early -I just hope he gets blindsided soon with that idol in his pocket. The guys in Manano have the numbers to do it -but they are probably too stupid to take that initiative.

8. Laurel says:

I wanted to see the rug pulled out from under Colton.
    He had a strong alliance and was running show with the mens tribe.
    Now the road to winning for him will be more difficult

9. Ben says:

Absolutely not too soonf or buff dropping – I’ve been waiting seasons for a tribal switch. The failure to do it for the last couple of seasons have caused the end game to play out in an utterly predictable fashion. The fact many of these people have been forced to have two completely different alliances will likely force a much mroe intriguing endgame – thats been the truth in the past.

• Ben says:

Plus, its halfway between the start and the merge, so the swap means they have to work with both alliances for equal amounts of time. A tribal swap exactly half way between the start and the merge should happen every season (or at least most seasons) or people will rest on the laurels of their alliances far too much.

• Olivia says:

True, but that depends entirely on whether the men and women choose opposite-sex allies. WIth tribes divided by gender, and with things so heated between the tribes in the first few weeks, I don’t see cross-gender alliances lasting.

10. Liz says:

They kind of just defeated the whole “One World” theme they had going on. I always love a shake up (ok… almost always) but there was so much hype over this One World theme and now they’ve eliminated it very early on in the game. I don’t get it?

I’m still enjoying this season though. It’s been unpredictable unlike the last couple seasons where one alliance basically lined up the others and kicked them off one by one. That gets old really fast.

11. Joe says:

Somebody, somewhere prove to me that Colton is a real human being. Someone in the world has to know him in real life. I’d love for Slezak to get ahold of someone who went to school with Colton who can verify whether what we’re seeing is real or is he a producer creation. I’m having a very hard time believing he exists. Coach was bizarre, but at least I could see him being a pompous guru in the real world. I don’t see how Colton can act the way he does on here back on planet earth without being slapped repeatedly. Maybe he was one of those children in Flowers in the Attic and he just got let out of Grandmother’s attic or something.

As for the tribe shuffling, I think it had to happen. With the men willingly following Colton and giving up immunity the game was broken and they needed to try to get it back on track.

12. Joseph says:

Its a funny season because there is no reason why a tribe can not band against Colton if they wished , BUT , he knows how to play to the darkest side of a person which is letting him dominate the game.

13. jazzyirish says:

Definitely too early for the tribe mix-up and in view of the title of the season, they should have stayed on one beach. That way “old” tribe members could still interact with one another and hatch some mischief.

In my opinion, the immunity idol must go. It affects the play of the game too much and it’s about time to do something different to keep Survivor fresh.

• Johnny says:

I think the intention of putting them on separate beaches is to encourage alliances between men and women. If they were on the same beach, the genders would continue to talk with each other, but by separating them, those on separate tribes are more likely to work with opposite-gender players, as Alicia is doing.

14. Damien says:

I think it was an appropriate time and probabaly not all that planned; the producers probably knew how tight the main alliances in each side were and decided that in order to make this season worth watching that they had to split that up. We knew that if the tribes stayed the same that Cristena, Monica, and Michael would be the next three out. Monica still went home, but its much more interesting to watch Alicia get in with the guys.

15. gina says:

it will be interesting to see a season where they change tribes every week and give out an individual immunity on the losing team every immunity challenge. that would change the whole game drastically alliance wise and in competition within tribes. On second thought maybe that would just be a different game

16. Mike says:

I was disappointed when Monica got booted.

17. Joseph says:

BTW , for those bashing Colton think of how different things could have been if Matt had not been so cocky and would have instead established a strong and stable group of 5 that was based on something other then being young and strong.
    If Matt had expanded his alliance and made it less restrictive he would probably still be in the game and Colton and another weaker male would already be gone.

18. Ra says:

It wasn’t early, because I bet they merge in 2-3 episodes. They usually merge when they start the jury. Isn’t it usually 9 people on the jury and three finalists? I wish they would go back to 2. There’s always one person who gets no votes (or 1 vote, if a person dislikes the other two).

19. Guy Baldridge says:

We’re is the surviving when they give them Beans, rice and fresh drinking water every day?

20. Guy Baldridge says:

Who was it that picked a midget to be on Survivor? you put 1Homosexual and one Midget was this to be a freak show?

21. Excellent blog right here! Also your site a lot up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate link in your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

22. cdleysfree says:

Wonderful points altogether, you just gained a emblem new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your post that you made a few days in the past? Any sure?

23. Definitely imagine that which you said. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the net the easiest factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get irked whilst other people consider issues that they plainly do not understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the entire thing without having side effect , folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks