Supernatural Enlists Geek Goddess Felicia Day

Felicia Day is putting her considerable geek cred to use on Supernatural.

The multi-hyphenate actress — she created, writes and stars in the popular web series The Guild — will guest-star in an upcoming Season 7 episode of the CW series, TVGuide.com reports.

Supernatural First Look: Misha Collins Is Back – But Something’s Different!

Day will play a low-level tech at one of Dick Roman’s companies in the April 27 installment, “The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo,” which is, of course, a nod to Steig Larsson’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo book trilogy.

As an amateur computer hacker, Day’s alter ego “unwittingly gets wrapped up in Sam and Dean’s problems,” says executive producer Sera Gamble. “It’s a classic story of an everyday girl who does not want to be in a whistleblower position.”

In addition to The Guild, Day starred in Joss Whedon’s web musical Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. On the TV side, she’s appeared in such genre/sci-fi fare as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse and Eureka.

1. Carmichael says:

Now I need to go watch six+ seasons of supernatural.

• ed says:

I highly recommend that.

• Mike says:

I highly highly recommend that!!

• Carmichael says:

But…..but………Jo……I may not watch but I hear things here and there.

• Ari says:

I also highly recommend that! We just watched them all on Netflix, it was totally worth having no life for a month or so. Haha!

• Lisa London says:

I also highly, highly, highly recommend that. I started watching in January 2012 and caught up to all 7 seasons in under 2 months. I was (am) absolutely addicted. I can’t believe it took me so long to get into it! Give it a try, you won’t regret it.

• ladyhelix says:

Quick question?
        The last time I tuned it felt to me like the show was taking itself way too seriously. It was dire and weighty and i found myself laughing AT it – since I couldn’t laugh WITH it. That felt disrespectful.

Did it ever develop a sense of humor? Just curious – cause when Felecia s there – I’ll be there. Just wondered what to expect, or how to watch it more successfully (enjoyably). My Sci Fi experience is pretty limited (Torchwood & Whedon fare -Dollhouse, Firefly, etc.)

• Drew says:

Umm… Supernatural has never taken itself too seriously. Yeah, there are serious elements to a lot of episodes, but they’ve always been aware of the genre and the audience that that write to. Like… VERY aware.

Odds are, you watched the wrong episode. Or you tried jumping into season 4 or 5 without watching the show up to that point. It’s an arc-heavy show, so that’s a bad idea.

• Carrie says:

I agree with you. One of the things I love most about SN is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. They’re constantly poking fun at themselves and pointing out how absurd the premise can be. Of course there are some serious/dark elements (the show is about demons and often death), but it reminds me of “Buffy” in that way. They’re not afraid to go to very dark places if that’s what the storyline requires, but they’re also not afraid to be very silly and quirky and to push the envelope.

• ladyhelix says:

Thank you so much – I’ll give it another look! Is season one the best place to start?

• tia says:

supernatural never takes itself too serious. however this season was meant to be dark and moody. since the characters of sam and dean have lost everything they loved. so the writers brought the viewer down with the characters. however they did bring in some funny episodes. the clown episode for one was hilarious. you need to watch more than 1 episode. you need to watch all of them to get the real feel of this show. if fantastic.!!

2. mike says:

awesome

3. tbrownlie says:

OMG OMG OMG! SO COOL! Such a talented actress! cant wait for this episode

4. Freyja says:

OMG I love it, so super excited for it. =) Love her!

5. John says:

Sounds nice! But I’m still looking foward to find out, if there is going to be an 8th season, and hopefully not to be the last one. I hope all fans agree with me. Cause I’m sure that Supernatural is great enough to reach more than one more season, maybe reach a 10th season.

6. barbara says:

hurray! Felicia Day! will watch that episode

7. ladyhelix says:

Quick question?
    The last time I tuned it felt to me like the show was taking itself too seriously. It was dire and weighty and i found myself laughing AT it – since I couldn’t laugh WITH it. And that felt disrespectful.

Did it ever develop a sense of humor? Just curious – cause when Felecia s there – I’ll be there. I wondered what to expect, and how I might watch it more successfully (enjoyably). My Sci Fi experience is pretty limited (Torchwood & Whedon fare -Dollhouse, Firefly, etc.). That may be the problem.

• Drew says:

As I said above…

Season 7 has had some weak spots (Dick Roman being one of them) but an off season of Supernatural is still better than most shows on TV. It’s not like Buffy season 7 or anything like that… yick.

• Kalie says:

I liked the 7th season of “Buffy”.

• Drew says:

I thought season 7 of “Buffy” started well enough, but they didn’t seem to have any idea where it was going and by the halfway point, it was just a slow motion train wreck. The only thing worse was the comic book season 8. I could go on a long rambling rant about the many ways that the final season was a mess, but you probably don’t want to read a five page essay :)

• kmm says:

I hated the 7th season of Buffy. I made my roommate watch the entire series from beginning to end and realized that I actually LOVED 7 and couldn’t figure out why I hated 7 at all.

I have the same issues with Supernatural. I love it more than anything else on TV, but the past 2 seasons have been kinda…off I guess…Off but enjoyable nontheless. I’m sure when it’s all said and done, I’ll go back and watch and love them all.

8. Shane says:

I’ve never seen Supernatural. But I don’t miss things that Felicia Day is in, so I guess I’ve got some catching up to do.

9. deborah says:

Sorry. I’ve never heard of Felicia Day. However, I did watch “Buffy” (guess I don’t remember her from the show). But in any case, “Supernatural” is the BEST show on television and Felicia is lucky to be guest-starring in the amazing series.

10. TeeLo says:

Gotta hand it to the writers of Supernatural. It is consistently one of the best shows on television right now and while part of it is the characters the lifeblood is the writing. They manage to bring in current elements like the hoopla around Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and weave it into the continued storyline. Can’t wait to see this one…I don’t know of the actress but I know they put guests to good use on Supernatural.

11. Ace says:

This is GREAT news! SPN and Felicia — two of my favorite things!!! (-:

12. Snsetblaze says:

She was one of the first trainees – named Eva or Evie, I think, during the last season. She had short hair.

13. Dave Ott says:

You are really doing yourself an injustice, Felicia. This pic is so hot, it almost melted my computer screen…you’re not just a geek goddess, altho you are that, but you’re a real live regular goddess too…I hope I meet you some time, just a small kiss would rock my world! And a hug would probably kill me, lol!!!