One Tree Hill First Look Video: Dan Reflects on His Murderous Past While on Death's Door

Next Wednesday’s One Tree Hill (8/7c, The CW) finds perpetual baddie Dan Scott fighting for his life after his mission to rescue a kidnapped Nathan resulted in a gunshot wound — and we’ve got a first look at what’s bound to be an incredibly emotional episode.

Press PLAY below to watch a dangerously-close-to-death Dan relive his past indiscretions — namely murdering his brother Keith! — via flashbacks featuring Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Karen (Moira Kelly).

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: First Look, Spoilers, Video

1. nath says:

am i okay if i loved dan since day one? i’m gonna cry so hard if he is the one who dies :(

• Kim says:

You’re not alone! I’ve been a fan of Dan since day one as well.
      I don’t want to say anymore since I read spoilers.

• Kelly says:

I have also loved Dan since day 1. He is my sexy grandpa LOL

• april-ann says:

Totally agree, nath. Dan had many layers to him and true fans saw that. The one thing I would have changed about the show is I WOULD NEVER HAVE CHANGED the opening song, would have always kept at the beginning: I don’t wanna be, sung great by Gavin Degraw. Julian is such a weenie. He’s the no-can-do guy, taking credit for great things and always being stroked by Brooke about how great he is but always whining no-can-do and he never does. He’s the weak link I can do without.

2. Joe says:

Has there ever been a show that is so different from any of it’s former seasons, especially one past5 years?

Not saying it is bad. But other than the characters, this season has nothing to do, nor the feel of the previous 8. It really is a completely different show, with jut the same characters and some plot points.

I certainlydont consider it the swan song they claimed they were bringing it back for.

• Daniela says:

I know what you mean. I’ve been watching this season and it just doesn’t feel like OTH anymore. Tree Hill was always a crazy place to be and this show had it’s psychos and everything, but season nine is a totally different story – it’s like a totally different show. I don’t get the Tree Hill feeling anymore I have had the previous eight years. Several characters running around with guns, Brooke facing her attacker like she’s in a horror movie and Clay sitting at night at a cemetery after he just found out he forgot about his son.
      I’m not saying this season is bad … but it’s a whole kind of new craziness we see here and I’m not sure if I like it. The last couple of weeks I was getting upset, because I didn’t feel entertained by the way the characters were treated I used to care about for eight years.
      Again … the show might not even be bad … but it’s just not ONE TREE HILL anymore. It’s not the show I’ve loved for EIGHT years. -.-

3. ggny says:

the creators have bitched slapped pretty much everyone that has stuck with this show…this show have been a farwell lap to type up lose end and give everyone a happy ending but to turn the show into Dexter during it finale run is just dumb and i know alot of fans are not pleased

• RS says:

If you have watched the show since the very beginning, you would know they are going back to the roots, staying loyal to the melodramatic production tone of the first four seasons. If anything, this has rejuvenated the show just in time to end on a high note – by the standards of what has made this show what it has been. Only Hilary Burton should have been the last piece on the closure train.

OTH has never had intelligent writing or above-mediocre acting. It has gained its success due to its emotional appeal, likeability, and a tremendously dedicated fan base. Which, ultimately, is more important than the writing or acting.

• Daniela says:

Which has really nothing to do with what we are watching for ten weeks now. OTH isn’t back to it’s roots … it’s gone crazy!!!
        Emotional appeal? I don’t know but I don’t feel anything like this when it comes to Clay forgetting about his own son for years. He’s been there for two seasons and the writers want to tell us that no one ever tried to treat him if he wanted or not, to go back be a father to that little boy? It’s ridiculous. And so is the Serbian mob in the middle of Tree Hill. Should I go on? Well here is to Chase beating a guy half to death after the boy was saved (letting us think he actually killed the man), Chris killing someone, Nathan shooting someone to death and Dan killing several guys in seconds.
        That’s not going back to the roots. That is using this final season to just do whatever you want and give a damn about what the fans want.
        OTH always had a loyal fan base … but if sh** like this would have been on before OTH would have been canceled a long time ago!

4. Hali says:

And I bet Dan still won’t die either.

5. othfan says:

I think some loose ends are getting tied up. Especially Dan, it seems, is finally getting redemption. The villan of the show getting what he has desperately tried for for years is kind of odd and unexpected. Nathan and Haley have already faced a lot in their years of being married, and this is just one more to add to the list. The writers are keeping a strong couple strong. Brooke has finally become the woman she came back to Tree Hill to be. The story line with Mouth seems to be wasted time, unfortunately. He was such a big character at one point whether it was with Lucas and Nathan, Jimmy Edwards or Brooke. He deserves to have a bigger and better story for the final season. I would have to say that for the most part the season has been satisfying. It’s been such a great show and will definitely be missed!

6. kevin says:

Wouldn’t bet on Dan Scott as One Tree Hill’s version of JR Ewing.

7. luis says:

ooh man this season feels so great…I love the way they are doing things now..sometimes it doesn’t feel like the great show it was in the first season but I think that is a good thing since it shows that it has evolved in many ways which makes it better. I am sad about Dan; I did not like his character at the beginning but since season’s 4 last episodes I started to like him and in season 7 I was definitively a fan of that character but his death seems right and like a good/proper ending for him.

8. TheDude says:

Call me crazy, but I feel like this final season of OTH has been better than any of the previous seasons since they timejumped forward and sorta changed the format.

9. Carrie says:

The Dude and othfan I agree one hundred percent. This season has been leading up to such a perfect wrap up for this show. Nathan and Haley together and happy with their family, Dan (likely) gave his life to save his son, Brooke has transformed into this strong woman and mother, Clay and Quinn are good and have a family and even Lucas and Peyton are happy god knows where. I think it all wraps up nicely.

10. Canucksftw says:

The last few seasons of OTH were so boring. However, this season has been great! I wish the last few were as good as this one.

11. tel aviv says:

erm…i thought ep9 ended with Xavier carrying one of Brooke’s twins…? Am I the only one wondering what the hell happened there?

12. Amy says:

I’ve loved Dan since he was on 90210!!!!! Yep big fan since 1991! LOLz!

13. Kristy says:

I don’t what people are talking about, this season has been the best! I had to fast forward through the last couple of seasons but with this one Wednesday nights can’t come soon enough. To me it seems like they finally went with better deeper story lines, not just the same crap they’ve been giving us for the past 2 years. The drama in this season is way better, it feels like the characters have finally grown up. I am actually sad now that it is almost over, i wish there was more!!!!!

14. Melissa says:

For me this season has been much better than the last few. The best storyline for me is the Nathan/Dan storyline because I love Paul Johansson’s portrayal of Dan so much, and am glad he’s back full time this season. I hope he gets the redemption he and the rest of us desire. A few things I DON’T like: 1) the Clay parts – I really didn’t care why he was sleepwalking, and find it absolutely ridiculous he has a kid he “forgot” about. Makes zero sense, it’s like they pulled that one out of their a$$; 2) Poor Mouth – fat suit much? That story line is just an F/U to Lee Norris; 3) I also question why Brooke didn’t immediately get a restraining order on Xavier after the first time he walked into the cafe, and why Julian would even leave her side, or tell her to close up the cafe and go home in the dark. And honestly, how long does it take to clean up a mess? Seems like Brooke came in in the morning and then it was dark and it was still the exact same mess, and where are all the other employees? and finally, 4) I miss Gavin DeGraws theme song. I was hoping they would just go back to him doing it instead of new bands every episode (even though I really enjoyed that a lot). Unfortunately some of this stuff takes me out of the story, but I still <3 OTH and will miss it.

15. Jonathan W says:

Remember….Dan and his ‘Redemption’ show?
    Well….this was his redemption. He saved his son.
    He sacrificed himself.
    Eventually,he is getting what was coming to him,after Keith.
    Loving Season 9!!!