Summer TV: NBC Slates Saving Hope Premiere, Love in the Wild and American Ninja Warrior

Get More: News, Premieres

Erica DuranceNBC is readying for summer with some fresh fare.

The network has announced launch dates for the debut of Saving Hope, starring Erica Durance and Michael Shanks, and the returns of Love in the Wild and American Ninja Warrior.

The Canadian co-production Saving Hope will premiere Thursday, June 7, at 10/9c after the two-hour debut of the reality dating series Love in the Wild at 8 pm.

The new drama stars Smallville alumnae Durance as a surgeon whose comatose fiancé (played by Stargate SG-1‘s Shanks) wanders the hospital as a spirit. The cast also includes Daniel Gillies (The Vampire Diaries) as a newly arrived hot shot doc. (You can check out a video preview of the series here.)

Following its supersized Season 2 premiere, Love in the Wild moves to its regular Thursdays-at-9 timeslot beginning June 14.

Meanwhile, the preliminary finals and the grand finale of G4′s American Ninja Warrior kick off on NBC with a special two-hour episode on May 21 at 9.

Comments (18)

• I will give this a try

Comment by fernando – March 15, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am totally looking forward to this. It’ll be nice to see the power of Durance again on my TV screen, on a weekly basis!

Comment by Jem – March 15, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I <3 Erica Durance and Daniel Gillies! Can't wait for this show to start!

Comment by Patty – March 15, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Saving Hope with Daniel Gillies!!!! YAAAY!!!

Comment by Julie – March 15, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes we have a date. I’m such a fan of the actors on this show. I hope it does well. I will definitely be tuning in to see Durance, Shanks, and Gillies.

Comment by Wrenn – March 15, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You acknowledged SG-1! Yay.

Comment by Carmichael – March 15, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The preview looks good. Maybe I can add that to my summer TV schedule. The only other summer shows I love are Pretty Little Liars and True Blood

Comment by tvaddict – March 15, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Durance!!!

Comment by Jude – March 15, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS^ I love Erica Durance

Comment by Lindsey – April 20, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Been looking forward to this.

Love me some Michael Shanks!

Comment by pv – March 15, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Saving Hope already set up a reminder :D

Comment by SoReady – March 15, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alumnae is plural, alumna is singular. Sorry for being not only Captain Grammar, but Captain Latin Grammar.

Comment by Brandon – March 15, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gotta say I am really looking forward to Saving Hope. So glad that Erica Durance and Michael Shanks are coming back on TV.

Comment by Joy – March 15, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s a nutty idea: let’s swap the genders of the main characters of A Gifted Man and then shop it as a brand new series. At the very least, we could get NBC to air it in the summer.

Comment by Drew – March 15, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is nothing original always the same soup,too bad!saving hope=flop!

Comment by mary – March 16, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t make me choose between this and Suits, thank god for dvr

Comment by Kenny – March 16, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have been seriously looking forward to the news of the “Saving Hope” premiere date – long past time Michael Shanks was back on our screens on a regular basis!

Comment by apt42 – March 17, 2012 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • erica durance!! am i so glad to see her on tv again. i love her…though i can’t seem to picture her as a doctor. she really left a mark as daily planet’s intrepid reporter, lois lane. :)) she’ll always be lois lane to me..she did an excellent portrayal of that character. can’t wait to see her treat patients now.

Comment by josh – March 19, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post