Exclusive

Glee Exclusive: Look Who's Playing Puck's Dad!

Thomas Calabro GleeSorry, Mr. T. You can stop grooming your mohawk now, because the role of Puck’s father on Glee has finally been cast, and you didn’t get it. Who did?

TVLine is happy to exclusively report that Melrose Place vet Thomas Calabro will play the estranged father of Mark Salling‘s underachiever in this season’s 18th episode, which is slated to air in April.

Puck’s mom, as played by Gina Hecht, was introduced in the Season 1 episode “Mash-Up.”

Glee in Season 4: 12 Predictions to Keep the Show Thriving Beyond Graduation!

Family reunions have been a major theme of Glee‘s third season, during which we’ve met the parents of Rachel, Mike, Sam and Emma. And when the show returns from its seven-week hiatus on April 10, Matt Bomer will debut as Blaine’s older brother, Cooper Anderson.

Thoughts? Do you see a family resemblance? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. Anne-Onymous says:

Cooper Anderson… It sourds like a dog name …

2. NatasjaKatarina says:

We’ve already seen artie his parents in the first christmas episode when Brittany wanted him to walk…

3. Lane says:

Lol Mark looks like he could be the same age as this dude. Puck is such a pointless character so this will be snoozefest

4. binta says:

jaime ilove <3 GLEE

5. Selin U. says:

I think saw Amber Rileys mom two times in in Glee. In the grilled cheesus episode and in the power of Madonna. When the New Directions performed like a prayer Mercedes danced with a woman, this women was Amber Rileys mom. I think she also plays Mercedes mom, but I don’t think they’ll get a storyline :(

6. camila says:

stoked for this! puck and michael mancini..love it!!

7. M. says:

Very excited to finally meet Puck’s dad. He was mentioned way back in early season one and brought up other times so I’m glad they’ve finally decided to introduce him before graduation. Puck has really gotten shafted with storylines lately, so I’m very happy to see one coming up! At this point, he’s one of the few characters who keeps me watching. This casting seems good and not really “stunt” casting that Glee sometimes likes to do. Can’t wait!

8. Carly says:

A storyline for Puck? Finally! These last few episodes have been disappointingly light on my favorite character.

9. Betsy says:

Thomas as Puck’s father is awesome casting. I can’t wait to see this episode. Puck is sadly underused on the show and deserves to have a story of his own. We’ve heard little tidbits about his father and their reunion should be VERY interesting!

10. abc says:

Did they mean Puck’s brother? Mark looks his age.

Puck hasn’t been “ignored.” He’s just been given stuff to suit his abilities…or lack thereof. He had a great thing going in s2 with the juvie storyline, but then his blowup in Figgin’s office was so horribly acted, I knew they’d never go there again. So they threw him with Zizes for campy humor, which he can do.

11. Annmarie says:

Oh I loved Michael Mancini…I can’t wait to see him as pucks dad,,,

12. santan says:

I dont see he looks like puck

13. i says:

No actually that was Amber Riley’s real-life mother! But I want to meet Mercedes’ mom!

14. Lexie says:

Awesome, I like Puck, Mark Salling does a great job. And I always look forward to the other characters’ lives and characters being explored. Tina has gotten such shabby treatment lately, I’m hoping that is because she’ll get some serious air time next season.

15. callie says:

awesome! so so excited for some puck back story!

16. pediatric dentist los alamitos says:

Sometimes I contemplate if folks truly take time to write something original, or are they only just dishing out words to fill a site. This certainly doesn’t fit that mold. Thank you for taking the time to write with awareness. Once In A While I look at a page and question whether they even proofread it.Fantastic work with this article.

17. Sal Piscioneri says:

Oh My God…..He looks just like Puck and visa versa………..greta castion call by support staff:>) love Glee.

18. Kate says:

I think this actor looks more like Finn than Puck, and I’m hoping with all my fingers crossed that they don’t go there and make them half-brothers.

19. Robert says:

I’ve always like Puck, yet he never seems to get a decent storyline. The idea of bringing in his father is interesting, but Thomas Calabro is totally wrong for the part. Why Robbie Williams wasn’t cast is beyond me! Robbie can sing, he and Mark Salling look alike and he completely has the bad boy attitude I would expect. Glee missed the mark on this one…

20. Juli Barrett says:

An excellent actor, excellent choice. He looks enough like him to do a great job.

21. Elise says:

So glad Thomas Calabro is going to be Puck’s dad! Love it!

22. Jenn says:

Is anyone surprised at the dismissal of females on Glee? After all a teenage pregnancy, getting kicked out of your home and losing your identity is NOTHING compared to coming out as gay to an incredibly supportive family and group of friends.

Women should just follow around the men, cry, and maybe have a few scenes of overdone “OMG look at out GGGGRL Power”

meh. I had hoped bringing Marti in as a writer would improve the show back to season 1.

23. yep says:

I don’t. I love Glee with all its faults. Ups and downs. I’ve been disappointed and PO’d but I’ll stick by it and keep watching. S2 was not of my interest but I stuck by it. The creators had a story to tell to make the characters grow-insane and out of character but they grew. S3 has taken a whirlwind turn into story telling and bizarre in some aspects but it has continuity not like s2. Puck/Shelby was pretty outlandish but something that Puck would do-cougar chaser. Finn and Rachel are together but having outside forces as antagonists not a third party-thank God. Now the need for to get married is far fetched but that is Glee. I agree with many need Gloria Estefan as Santana’s mom soon. Guys, there are only 6 episodes left. Lots of stories to tell in a short period of time. Personally, no more tributes please. Get down to basics no more fluff and nonsense, tell us about the seniors and what their hopes and futures will be. S3 has been a challenge to remain positive and a loyal fan to stay the course and be receptive of the creators by product. But Cory and Lea and Santana were all very proud of their story lines and their work for this season so I’ll be a solid fan for these amazing actors.

24. bobbobin says:

true. But I’m not giving up on it At least not yet.

25. Adriana says:

I understand what you’re saying. At the beginning I liked Brittany because she was funny and cute, but I realized her character lacks of coherence. She’s naive and not at the same time which is so weird. Brittany does not know much about what’s going on, she believed in Santa and Leprechauns, but yet she has slept with everybody at school. I find it ridiculous she won the elections. I don’t believe the chemistry between her and Santana. I don’t believe she loves her like one should love her partner. In my opinion, Heather’s absence on the screen might be an acting and singing issue. Maybe if she made her character believable and did justice to Brittany she would say more than one word on the show. It’s just weird how she used to appear and get more lines on the show before and all of a sudden she fell in the background while Santana is like taking over screen time and songs.