TVLine Items: Fox Grounds Teenage Daughter, 3 Glee Stars to Host GLAAD Awards and More!

Fox has officially ditched its plan to move struggling freshman comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter to Wednesdays this April in favor of extended episodes of American Idol.

Instead of airing 90-minute eps of Idol beginning Wednesday, April 4, Fox will continue with the two-hour performance installments for the remainder of the season — thus pushing the final leg of Daughter’s freshman run to summer.

Daughter will wrap its midseason run on Tuesday, Apil 3 at 8:30/7:30c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Katie Couric‘s eponymous daytime gabfest will premiere on September 10, 2012, ABC announced Thursday. Still no word on what timeslot Katie will occupy, so maintain that vigil, General Hospital fans.

The 2012 GLAAD Awards are going Glee crazy! Dianna Agron has been named host of the San Francisco-based honors on June 2, while Cory Monteith and Naya Rivera will emcee the New York ceremony on March 24. Rivera also hosted last year’s event.

America’s Best Dance Crew Season 7 will premiere April 11 at 10 pm on MTV, per TVGuide.com.

• The Talk will celebrate The Bold and the Beautiful‘s 25h anniversary on Monday, March 19 with special guests John McCook (Eric), Texas Battle (Marcus), Jacob Young (Rick), Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke), Kimberly Matula (Hope) and Heather Tom (Katie).

All My Children vets Cameron Mathison and Sydney Penny will co-star in the upcoming Lifetime original movie The Wife He Met Online, airing Sunday, April, 15.

CMT has given the green light to Cheer, a six-episode competitive cheerleading reality series from producers Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos, per Deadline.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (9)

• Does this mean we could get two performances out of each contestant as early as Top 6? With a group of this caliber, I’m not complaining.

Comment by Sam – March 15, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll DVR “The Talk” (even though I’m still bitter it replaced my beloved ATWT) for the B&B anniversary stuff. However, I wish they would have gotten Susan Flannery to come on.

Comment by George – March 15, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have shamelessly been enjoying I Hate My Teenage Daughter. It’s so bad it’s good. Completely understand why it’s been bumped, but I’m a little sad. It’s sad how so many shows aren’t making the cut lately.

So excited Dianna will be hosting a GLAAD event too.

Comment by Kendal – March 15, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even my daughter is funnier than that ‘sitcom’ (and she’s not really funny).

Comment by Jake – March 15, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe its the absurdity of the show but i’ve been enjoying Teenage Daughter.

Comment by fiona – March 15, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Idol doesnt add even more fuller to make a 2 hour show. I h ope Nigel & Co come up with some creative new ideas and twists. They’ve got a very talented group of top 6-7ish and really have a better format with the VOice as the audience gets to know and bond with the contestants weekly vs the voice once a month stuff

Comment by JC – March 15, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s half a nightmare that Idol takes up 3 hours at the beginning and the end of the season. It’s going to be dreadful to run the whole season this way.

Comment by John Berggren – March 15, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teenage Daughter? Such a wonderful cast – such a terrible waste.

Comment by ladyhelix – March 15, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post