Exclusive: Simon Pegg In Talks For Top-Secret Role in Frank Darabont's TNT Drama L.A. Noir

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Simon Pegg is headed to an era far, far away: 1940s Los Angeles, by way of TNT.

The Star Trek and Mission: Impossible actor is in negotiations to play a top-secret role in Frank Darabont’s TNT period drama pilot L.A. Noir, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details on Pegg’s character are being kept under wraps, but an insider confirms that the British multi-hyphenate would appear as a guest star in the pilot.

Described as a fast-paced period thriller (based on the acclaimed novel by the same name), the project centers on the 1940s/50s-era epic battle between determined Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker (played by Justified‘s Neal McDonough) and boxer-turned-mobster Mickey Cohen.

The Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal and Heroes‘ Milo Ventimiglia also star.

Darabont, in his first post-Walking Dead gig, is an executive producer on L.A. Noir and will write and direct the pilot.

Comments (9)

• Sounds cool! Count me in!

Comment by A – March 14, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want a John Noble cameo

Comment by Alex – March 14, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t John Noble be in this too

Comment by Mack – March 14, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McDonough is going to play a good cop? This, I want to see. He is so great at playing bad that I can no longer ‘see’ him any other way, but I know he has the chops. I hope Simon Pegg has some funny lines because his comedic timing is perfect. Thanks for the heads up, Michael!

Comment by Chatty – March 14, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Simon Pegg. He’s so funny. I’ll see anything that he’s in.

Comment by Jamie – March 14, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my guess is he plays the third rate comedian on the fringe of the mob.

Comment by yours truly – March 14, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The book LA Noir is not a novel, it’s nonfiction.

Comment by EataMorePez – March 14, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got all excited until I read the words “guest star”. It’d be awesome if he were a regular character or something, I’d LOVE to see him doing noir style stuff week in and week out.

Ah, well. Love the guy, so I’ll certainly make a note to check out the show anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Comment by Angela – March 14, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love seeing Band of Brothers reunions!

Comment by aunt_deen – March 15, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post