Showtime Sets Weeds, Episodes Return Dates

Get More: News

Showtime, having already announced its fall premiere dates for Dexter and Homeland, now has filled in the conspicuous gap by scheduling the returns of its summer shows, Weeds and Episodes.

Weeds’ 13-episode Season 8 will kick off Sunday, July 1, at 10/9c, leading into Season 2 of Episodes, which stars Golden Globe winner Matt LeBlanc and will run for nine episodes.

Scoop-wise, the Showtime release shared nothing for Weeds, while the Episodes Season 2 teaser reads as follows: “The second season … picks up four months after the finale with Sean and Beverly no longer living together, but forced into an awkward working relationship with Matt, as Pucks! goes from a pilot to full-blown series. As Beverly struggles to save her marriage, Matt is determined to save his ‘bromance’ with Sean, and all of them are forced to try to save Pucks! as its ratings start to plummet and the pressure mounts.”

Comments (14)

• I’ve only recently started watching Episodes. It’s hilarious. I’m only on episode 8 so this spoiler about season 2 is interesting.

Comment by Hillary – March 14, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There were only 7 episodes in the first series…

Comment by USC – March 17, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch WEEDS until they drag it off the air, which should probably be sooner than later. Still a fan, though.

EPISODES steadily grew on me last season; didn’t like it at all at first, but by the end, I actually hoped there would be a season 2. Looking forward to it.

Comment by Micah – March 14, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is about time. I have been waiting for when Episodes would return.

Comment by MJ – March 14, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for “Episodes” and hoping ‘Weeds” will be better than last season which was almost a snoozefest!yawnnnnn..

Comment by meary ruth rose – March 14, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WEEDS
      let’s hope they get rid of nancy’s sister and the russian siblings. bring back the hodes or esteban (or both)!!

Comment by yippity – March 14, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Keep the russian brother, he is SOO hot.

Comment by Russ – March 14, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t Esteban die? Agreed though, bring back the original crew and I’ll be happy!

Comment by Shorty145 – March 16, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Celia, Isabelle & Conrad need to come back to Weeds. Hasn’t been as good since Elizabeth Perkins left!

Comment by Rebecca – March 14, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I love Celia. I dont really care for Jill though.

Comment by Aria – March 14, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay weeds!

Comment by Aria – March 14, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Episodes is a summer series? It debuted in January last year, this article makes it seem like its always been a summer series!

Comment by Fugly – March 14, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • right? I’d been searching high and low for information regarding its return. I remembered it was renewed and then.. nothing! I expected it premiere with Shameless again and when that didn’t happen I start to wonder what was wrong.

Comment by Will – March 15, 2012 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally stoked for Episodes. I agree I thought it just kept getting better and better last season. I was very happy when Matt LeBlanc won a Golden Globe for best actor in a comedy. He did some brilliant work. Also think the writing is terrific. They don’t sell out the characters for the sake of a joke. Just solidly drawn characters with a lot of heart mixed in. I’m glad it’s following Weeds. It’ll be a fun hour of tv this summer.

Comment by Gregory – March 18, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post