Showtime Sets Weeds, Episodes Return Dates

Showtime, having already announced its fall premiere dates for Dexter and Homeland, now has filled in the conspicuous gap by scheduling the returns of its summer shows, Weeds and Episodes.

Weeds’ 13-episode Season 8 will kick off Sunday, July 1, at 10/9c, leading into Season 2 of Episodes, which stars Golden Globe winner Matt LeBlanc and will run for nine episodes.

Scoop-wise, the Showtime release shared nothing for Weeds, while the Episodes Season 2 teaser reads as follows: “The second season … picks up four months after the finale with Sean and Beverly no longer living together, but forced into an awkward working relationship with Matt, as Pucks! goes from a pilot to full-blown series. As Beverly struggles to save her marriage, Matt is determined to save his ‘bromance’ with Sean, and all of them are forced to try to save Pucks! as its ratings start to plummet and the pressure mounts.”

1. Hillary says:

I’ve only recently started watching Episodes. It’s hilarious. I’m only on episode 8 so this spoiler about season 2 is interesting.

2. Micah says:

I’ll watch WEEDS until they drag it off the air, which should probably be sooner than later. Still a fan, though.

EPISODES steadily grew on me last season; didn’t like it at all at first, but by the end, I actually hoped there would be a season 2. Looking forward to it.

3. MJ says:

It is about time. I have been waiting for when Episodes would return.

4. can’t wait for “Episodes” and hoping ‘Weeds” will be better than last season which was almost a snoozefest!yawnnnnn..

5. Rebecca says:

Celia, Isabelle & Conrad need to come back to Weeds. Hasn’t been as good since Elizabeth Perkins left!

6. Aria says:

Yay weeds!

7. Fugly says:

Episodes is a summer series? It debuted in January last year, this article makes it seem like its always been a summer series!

• Will says:

right? I’d been searching high and low for information regarding its return. I remembered it was renewed and then.. nothing! I expected it premiere with Shameless again and when that didn’t happen I start to wonder what was wrong.

8. Gregory says:

Totally stoked for Episodes. I agree I thought it just kept getting better and better last season. I was very happy when Matt LeBlanc won a Golden Globe for best actor in a comedy. He did some brilliant work. Also think the writing is terrific. They don’t sell out the characters for the sake of a joke. Just solidly drawn characters with a lot of heart mixed in. I’m glad it’s following Weeds. It’ll be a fun hour of tv this summer.