CBS Renews 18 Total Shows, Fate of Two CSIs Left Up In the Air

Annnnnd… they’re off!

TV’s annual Renew/Cancel Season formally kicked off on Wednesday with CBS renewing 15 shows for the 2012-13 TV season, including, of course, NCIS (as well as its offshoot NCIS: Los Angeles), the freshman shows Person of Interest and 2 Broke Girls, and the acclaimed The Good Wife.

Factoring in previously announced renewals for How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and Survivor, that totals 18 programs the Eye network has returning to the fold. (TVLine’s Renew/Cancel Scorecard has thus been updated!)

Not making the cut, at least thus far, are veteran procedurals CSI: NY and CSI: Miami and the on-again/off-again Rules of Engagement, while freshmen series such as A Gifted Man, Unforgettable and Rob are also MIA. (CSI: NY resumes its season on Friday, March 30, while Gifted Man has already aired its finale.)

As for Two and a Half Men, CBS and Warner Bros. Television are in preliminary negotiations regarding ordering more seasons. As Chuck Lorre said earlier this week, “It’s unusual when they cancel a show that’s in the Top 10, so I think there’s hope… [but] everybody’s gotta sign back up” — namely, Ashton Kutcher.

“This large-scale renewal is testimony to the strength, stability and success of a deep and diverse roster of top-rated programming,” CBS president Nina Tassler said in announcing the pick-ups. Season-to-date, CBS is No. 1 in total viewers (averaging 12.13 million, up 1 percent year-over-year) and a strong second in adults 18-49 (up 3 percent).

All told, here are CBS’ 18 returning programs; there is no predicting when the other networks will announce their own renewals, let alone this early:

Comedy

48 Hours Mystery
60 Minutes
The Amazing Race
Survivor
Undercover Boss

1. Ryan Vilas says:

Unforgettable sucks..A woman who can visit the crime scene via her mind and see everthing that had happened? It makes no damn sense at all. Good riddance and all you people need to stop complaining.

2. pkc181 says:

CBS–totally re-consider bringing back “Unforgettable!’ My husband & I watched every week–besides “The Good Wife” it was (is) one of the few shows with interesting characters, intelligent plotlines, a show that actually respected the audiences IQ levels. Plus the ratings were not 1/2 bad!! Geez–what are you guys thinking? “Vegas” (show replacing “Unforgettable”) and “Elementary” –I don’t know; haven’t these themes been done “to death?” Bring back Popppy & the gang!! Consider for January replacement series!!

3. If I had to chose what stayed I am all for CSI, CSI NY, CSI Miami, Unforgettable, A gifted Man, NCIS, and Blue Bloods.

4. Please keep CSI NY. It is one of the best shows on TV and the actors are really good. I am so glad to see CSI Miami go since it has the worst actors on TV, especially David Caruso.

5. bruce w jones says:

i agree with you but as dumb as they are they are not going to listen to us they would rather put shows on that just dont make alot of sense i am going to put in a movie instead.

6. Tray says:

Tuesday night had a great line up with NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and then Unforgettable. I really enjoyed Unforgettable and am sad to see it go. It was a refreshing change to all the shows that mimic another. It had its own idea, and story not seen in any other show. I am very happy that both NCIS shows are returning, but like I already said, very disappointed that Unforgettable will not be.

7. I really hope the rumors about CSI Miami going off the air are not true because thats one of the best shows u have!!!Everyone I know watches that show!!!

8. Sean says:

PLEASE BRING UNFORGETTABLE BACK TO TV!!! I HOPE THAT THE PRODUCERS PITCH IT TO ANOTHER NETWORK WHO APPRECIATE INTELLIGENT SCRIPTS, GREAT ACTING, PLOTS WITHIN A PLOT AND AN_EXCELLENT EXAMPLE OF A STRONG WOMAN FOR GIRLS. IT HAD EVERYTHING GOING GO IT – EVEN SOUNDTRACK FROM ADELE – AND THE SOCIOPATH SERIES “THE CALLER” HAD US GLUED TO THE TV._I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HEAD OF PROGRAMMING WAS THINKING – NOMINATED FOR BEST DRAMA SERIES, 14 mILLION VIEWERS – EVEN OPPORITE DEBATES FOR PRESIDENT THAT PULLED A HUGE MARKET SHARE – TWITTER AND FACEBOOK FREAKED WHEN IT WAS CANCELED. PLEASE FIND A NEW HOW THAT APPRECIATES YOU BECAUSE WE ALL DO – MILLIONS OF US. SMART SMART SMART TV – WE’RE TIRED OF STUPID SHOWS.

• bruce w jones says:

sean i agree with you that was one of the best shows on cbs. but the people who put those shows on dont agree. its not what we like its what they like. and they like reality shows.thats why i am going to put in a movie when they put those stupid shows on.

9. angelswings0686 says:

CSI NY and Miami as well as Unforgetable have been AWESOME… Please keep them on!!!

10. jessica says:

I think they need to leave all the csi’s show on the air and they also need to leave unforgettable, gifted man on the air. I have sattellite but when hese shows are on my tv stays on the local channel. I don’t care much for the reality shows.

11. bonnie says:

I agree that they can take the goodwife of the air, but leave all the csi show are alone.

12. Nancyjo Wolfe says:

Please keep CSI Miami on the air, we are avid fans and never miss an episode!!!

13. kathy says:

Is there anyother national network besides CBS? Other then CBS only watch cable.

14. Mel says:

how can they cancel two of the best shows on the network? CSI NY and CSI Miami. they keep renewing these awful reality shows that only appeal to a portion of the country with a very unsophisticated viewing appetite. the shows that were canceled were two of the best shows on network television. Bring them back!! This is just as bad as FOX canceling 24!

15. kyle says:

They’re canceling csi: ny and Miami cause they blow. Hard. There’s no continuity, no characterization, no development at all. The shows that do the best are the serials, or show with at least a story arc(s) that progress.

16. Charlie says:

PLEASE BRING BACK CSI MIAMI!!! THIS IS A GREAT SHOW! MORE DAVID CARUSO!

17. kj says:

Yay the GOOD WIFE!….yay two broke girls…yay BBT….yay HIMYM…. Lol @ people saying she is not the good wife anymore because she didn’t take back up her husband. The good wife has substance!,its more than just about Alicia and her relationship issues, the show has layers. Who says the show has to strictly follow its title, how narrow minded is that. If that was the case, the show would not have lasted more than one season.

18. kj says:

Csi is the same redundant stuff over and over and over again!….the first few seasons it was amazing…but now its utter nonsense!, not surprised its cancelled. The closer, covet affairs, Hawaii 5-0 r much better police/cia/fbi shows.

19. Peggy Hurst says:

PLEASE PUT CSI MIAMI AND CSI NY BACK IN THE LINE UP! THEY ARE TWO OF THE BEST SHOWS ON THE AIR AND IF NOT BOTH, AT LEAST CSI MIAMI. THESE TWO SHOWS MAKE CBS AND TV WORTH WHILE. SO PLEASE, PLEASE. THANKS.

• Nancyjo Wolfe says:

We are very disappointed that you took CSI Miami off the air. It is our favorite show!!! Put it on a different night and time if you wish just please consider putting it back on!!! Thanx

20. Evan says:

CBS should just expand their primetime or something, so they can get new shows without getting rid of the good ones. I like every show on CBS except The Good Wife, Mike and Molly, and all the reality shows. It’s the only channel I even watch.

21. cindy lafofllett says:

I loved the show “A gifted man”.

22. Nancyjo Wolfe says:

We want CSI Miami left on the air, It’s our favorite PLZ!!!

23. damdaniel1@aol.com says:

csi maimi rules bring it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dome asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Barbara says:

The Mentalist,how come it was moved to Sunday at 9:30 p.m. and then last night was a repeat. I wish they would move it back to where it was or a new night and time,It’s almost like they are wanting to get rid of it and then they will say no body is watching it,the day,the time and repeats will do it.

25. Bettye Strader says:

All the comedies have gotten so sexually explicit that we don’t watch them any more. 2 1/2 Men is horrible. So downright nasty. Two broke Girls is not much better. I love The Good Wife and Criminal Minds. Creative ans exciting.

26. CF Moran says:

I love The Good Wife AND Blue Bloods!!!! I love Donnie Walberg ( never thought I would say this) and Tom Selleck ( I always thought he was an ass clown on that Magnum PI but he reallyn is dignifedand “fatherly” on Blue Blods plus he’s STILL hot!

27. I saw part of it and the inappropriate part was that a teenage girl takes off her clothes and her under clothes show which is inappropriate and my opinion is that the rating is 14 DLV