CBS Renews 18 Total Shows, Fate of Two CSIs Left Up In the Air

Annnnnd… they’re off!

TV’s annual Renew/Cancel Season formally kicked off on Wednesday with CBS renewing 15 shows for the 2012-13 TV season, including, of course, NCIS (as well as its offshoot NCIS: Los Angeles), the freshman shows Person of Interest and 2 Broke Girls, and the acclaimed The Good Wife.

Factoring in previously announced renewals for How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and Survivor, that totals 18 programs the Eye network has returning to the fold. (TVLine’s Renew/Cancel Scorecard has thus been updated!)

Not making the cut, at least thus far, are veteran procedurals CSI: NY and CSI: Miami and the on-again/off-again Rules of Engagement, while freshmen series such as A Gifted Man, Unforgettable and Rob are also MIA. (CSI: NY resumes its season on Friday, March 30, while Gifted Man has already aired its finale.)

As for Two and a Half Men, CBS and Warner Bros. Television are in preliminary negotiations regarding ordering more seasons. As Chuck Lorre said earlier this week, “It’s unusual when they cancel a show that’s in the Top 10, so I think there’s hope… [but] everybody’s gotta sign back up” — namely, Ashton Kutcher.

“This large-scale renewal is testimony to the strength, stability and success of a deep and diverse roster of top-rated programming,” CBS president Nina Tassler said in announcing the pick-ups. Season-to-date, CBS is No. 1 in total viewers (averaging 12.13 million, up 1 percent year-over-year) and a strong second in adults 18-49 (up 3 percent).

All told, here are CBS’ 18 returning programs; there is no predicting when the other networks will announce their own renewals, let alone this early:

Comedy

The Amazing Race
Survivor
Undercover Boss

1. Erin says:

MENTALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

2. Nessie says:

Book em Danno! So happy that Hawaii Five-0 is on the list, it’s a great show.

3. Rjrtist says:

CSI:NY, Unforgettable and Gifted Man will be cancelled.

4. Amber says:

2 1/2 Men is a top 10 show?????? There is no god.

5. myflorida says:

I am so hummed about A Gifted Man. One of the best new shows. Haven’t missed an episode.

6. Robin says:

I really hope they renew CSI:NY and CSI: Miami. I don’t even watch original CSI…

Very happy about many of the renewals though. Go CBS! :)

7. Claire says:

Kill Two and a Half Men, please; that show was funny for about 11 seconds before it just became fart, poo, sex and ball jokes… every episode, every week, every character… all the time. I like vulgar humour but let’s be honest, there is no humour in that show.

Guess their demographic is idiots who can’t comprehend actual humour, so they need that laugh track to goad them into cracking a smile when someone says “balls”.

8. Liz says:

My favorite shows NCIS, the mentalist, CSI, 48 hour mysteries , H50, are sll back. I’m waiting on word on my other favorite castle. It’s a shame CSI Miami didn’t get renewed. It was beginning to get interesting. Now of being human is renewed, with doctor who, sanctuary , fringe, supernatural can be saved as well as the new police show Cooper I’d be so happpy happpy happy

9. Cindy says:

The Good Wife! One of the very best shows on TV. Thank you CBS.

10. Louise says:

The Gifted Man is a great show. And they keep Two Broke Girls? That is the lamest show, even Rob is a better show than that.

Bring back The Gifted Man, PLEASE !!!

11. Annika says:

CRIMINAL MINDS
    THE MENTALIST
    PERSON OF INTEREST

Yay! :)

12. Marlene Drozd says:

Get rid of How I Met your Mother. The writing has been awful this season. A great show has been ruined by the poor writing

13. Justin says:

CBS is easily my most-watched network. I’m very glad for the renewals of 2 Broke Girls, Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, and Blue Bloods. Hopefully, Unforgettable and CSI: NY get renewed, too.

14. Melissa mcilroy says:

Bring back CSI: NY. Out of the 3 CSI shows CSI:NY IS THE BEST.

15. June says:

So happy for POI.
    Bummed about CSI Miami but not losing hope yet.
    And what about Hawaii Five-0?? Alex O’Loughlin is a ticking bomb same as Charlie Sheen, a friend told me they had to stop the production of the show 2 weeks and that now DDKim is taking his place. Seems he had to be sent to drug rehab .At least Hawaii can work fine without him , that didn’t happen when Charlie was fired from 2.5 man. Look

16. sher mr says:

So pleased H50 renewed, hopefully Alex O’L will be back fit and well.Of the 3 CSI’s I’d really miss New York, Miami has become more of a joke each season and although I’ve enjoyed Ted Danson I think I’ve seen enough of Las Vegas!

• Mandy says:

Not sure about Alex O. Those addictions take at least 90 days in rehab. And they never go away. Addicts will always struggle.The best is to stay away from drugs.

17. Becky says:

I have never been so happy to see Finch’s face under a headline with the words “CBS” and “renews”!! Do you think we could get some scoop on the remainder of the season seeing how many people are excited over the renewal?!?

18. Michael says:

Criminal Minds
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles

Im glad they will be back

19. Jazzy says:

I watch all the shows in comedy and drma so i am happy for their renewals ecspeciall Hawaii 5 O, NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles and Crimainal Minds I LOVEE THESE SHOWS

CBS ROCKS

20. DeathRay404 says:

NCIS/LA, HIMYM, BBT, and Mike and Molly all renewed!!

21. Curiouser says:

A Gifted Man is actually pretty good. Although I doubt it will survive, I hope they renew it after all. I’m not holding my breath, though. \

Also, as a side note, although I don’t really dig Unforgettable that much, (I think it is pretty dull and pedestrian) it actually has been getting consistently good ratings, so I’m confused about why it isn’t getting renewed. I won’t be sad to see it go, but it does seem strange for CBS to axe it.

22. Joy says:

I’m so glad for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0. Definitely worth the extra seasons ordered!

23. ElsieM says:

Good news about Person of Interest. :) I hope they renew A Gifted Man as well. It’s really a terrific show.

24. Faith Cremins says:

Oh no! I waited for my favorite program Blue Bloods to come on Friday night and couldn’t find it. You are renewing the program I hope. Loved the acting, the drama, the characters facing difficult societal and personal dilemmas with honor and sometimes humor, good-natured sibling rivalry stabilized by love. We need more such programs.

25. linda says:

PLEASE do not cancel A Gifted Man. It was a great show stuck at a crummy time. There are so many story lines that they could do with that show. Seems that Unforgettable was pretty limited in story lines. Glad POI made the cut along with CSI.

26. Maria Gagne says:

I don’t understand your CBS would you do me a favor and stop getting rid of all the medical shows you make. They are all amazing and Gifted Man has been the best one yet. For god sakes I look forward to new episodes of that show every friday night. So now I have nothing to look forward too. I hope someone picks the show up because I really enjoyed it.

27. Steve says:

Great News love Person of Interest and Blue Bloods. Both seem to be getting better over time especially person of interest.

28. Jason H. says:

Why in the world are they bringing back Survivor?!? That show is becoming old hat!

29. Clarence says:

Hopfully CSI: Miami and CSI: NY will get renewed for their future seasons, and that it not up in the air. IF not that means two less shows for me to watch and keep up with on CBS. I always watch and keep up with NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Undercover Boss, CSI and plus the other two CSIs. Networks like the CW, NBC, Fox and ABC don’t really got shows that intrest me at all or I care about, like Hell’s Kitchen, Nikita, 30 Rock, X Factor, Bones, 90210, Grimm, Once Upon A Time, The Office, Missing, Scandal, Private Practice, Reenge and so on.

30. Please do not cancel csi Ny and Miami. They are always in the top twenty after a new episode is aired. These are both popular shows that other networks would love to have. Cbs should never have moved them from their original time slots, however they are still doing well. Please Cbs do not cancel these great shows.

31. Lauren says:

Please don’t cancel CSI:Miami! I love the show and I have been following it since forever! The last couple episodes have been AMAZING!

32. Jason says:

Hawaiia five-o got a renewal order and Unforgettable has not?!?! Clearly there has been some mistake, please don’t let this wonderful show go off the air! It has a fascinating story arc and and amazingly talented cast – PLEASE save it CBS!

33. m brown says:

I want them to bring back all the csi’s and unforgettable back…they already got criminal minds back bring the other ones back I will be set

34. William says:

Seriously, Person of Interest is one terrific show and I am pleased CBS saw clear to renew it. Yay!

35. Please Please Keep my all my CSIs…PLease bring back Gifted Man I ;l love these shows u may not bring back,,Get rid of Good Wife it is stupid and I never watch it…I am so mad at you CBS I am tired of you taking off my shows I watch..Why do you think your ratings are so good because so many like me watch the prime time shows ..Hey Les wake up and listen to the fans!! DUH!!!

36. Leslie says:

My husband and I enjoy A gifted man, I guess we shouldn’t watch new shows until they come out on DVD, They get you hooked than take it away. Why bother? We also watch CSI.NY, It doesn’t seem finished yet! There is still so much more to tell.

37. Stephen Nesha says:

The only two shows I really enjoy are Person Of Interest and Missing. Both shows require your undevided attention and you get involved with the characters. Most other shows are just mindless entertainment.

38. Mike F says:

Renew A Gifted Man CBS, it’s your best show, drawing great numbers for a Friday night time slot, nothing you replace it with will draw higher numbers. Big deal if it doesnt grab the younger demo, it draws good numbers, I would bet you dollars to donuts that people in their 50’s spend more money than people in their 20’s these days. With baby boomers aging the demographics of TV need to age as well!

39. D says:

Keep Gifted Man!
    Best thing from CBS in years!!!
    Love love love the show! Look forward to it all week.
    Please do not cancel this show, it has renewed my faith in decent television.

40. Harrisburg-Ebeth says:

The writing on this show is genius!!! Every episode is better than the last ! And the cast
    is perfection!!!

41. Harrisburg-Ebeth says:

The writing on POI is genius!!! Every episode is better than the last and the cast is perfection!

42. Pattie G. says:

I watch all the CSI shows. And both NCIS shows. I hope they keep all of them. But I stopped watching Two and A Half Men because of Aston K. I have never liked him. I hope they don’t bring him back, I will watch it only if he is not on the show.

43. a gifted man is one of the best shows I have ever watched. also unforgettable is another great show. please consider keeping these two shows on the air. they have brought some quality back to tv that some of your 30 minute sitcoms have taken away.

44. Johanna says:

Csi Miami HAS TO come back!! I love this show <3 I need this show!

45. Emily says:

i want unforgettable renewed

46. Brenda says:

well i guess im longer watching cbs except for ncis isn’t that funny i’ve never missed a season of csi miami or csi ny i was hurt when the other actress left the show and selma ward took her place because her and gary were the show they had great cemestry. csi miami was doing great til u took it and moved it to sunday night where it was some times almost 11:00pm before u got to see it because of football, basketball, and other things that was put on to run through there time slot. Im sorry to say this but u would rather leave stupid crap on tv that is about as fun as watching two dogs casing there tails.

47. Ray says:

I truly hope CSI NY is renewed… Sela Ward is precious, she is an excellent actress, makes things look real.. would be a terrible loss to everyone if it’s cancelled…

48. Jordan222 says:

What’s the last book anyone read?

49. Jordan222 says:

Try it. The worst book written is far better than any episode “the good wife” ever.

50. tracy says:

put back on unforgettable ,rob and the gifted man they are good shows get rid of broke girls stinks sorry