Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: Gossip Girl's Sebastian Stan Goes Mad

Gossip Girl and Kings alum Sebastian Stan will be going a bit crazy as Once Upon a Time‘s Mad Hatter, and we’ve got a first look at his Storybrooke counterpart.

Once Upon a Time: Watch the Full, Scoop-Filled PaleyFest Panel Here!

When Emma goes searching for a missing Mary Margaret in the March 25 episode, she crosses paths with Stan’s character, a man who loves hats so much, he’s teetering on the edge of madness. In fact, he’s so nuts, he kidnaps the Sheriff! Is it August to the rescue?

As EP Steve Pearlman told TVLine, the Mad Hatter episode “is quite a big one for Emma. She comes into contact with a new character in Storybrooke who starts her onto a bit of a different journey” — to, where, the town milliner?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (25)

• Seriously. I heart this show.

Comment by Stephanie – March 13, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks fantastic!

Comment by kirads09 – March 13, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking foward for this. I love Sebastian, I think he’ll be great as the Mad Hatter.

Comment by roglam – March 13, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good. I’m really partially to Primeval’s Andrew Lee Pott’s Hatter from the Syfy miniseries but I’m sure SS will do greatness. Also I really wish that drop the August character. He’s dull and chemistry free on the show.

Comment by Patti – March 13, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is August the mystery writer? If so, yes, I agree they should get rid of him. I don’t see any chemistry between him and anyone else. He’s just boring to me. Maybe if there was another actor in the role. I dunno, he just doesn’t interest me at all.

Comment by Lena120 – March 13, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA. He reminds me of Andrew Lincoln from Walking Dead. This is not a compliment.

Comment by jj – March 13, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Pott’s Hatter, too! But I am looking forward to seeing Stan’s Hatter. He looks gorgeous in these pics. I can’t wait to see Wonderland!

Comment by Nina – March 13, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed on both accounts. I loved the Syfy miniseries too. Pott’s Mad Hatter is my favorite interpretation of the character in more recent Alice adaptations. I’m still looking forward to Stan’s take on the character though. I’m sure it’ll be fun.
      His lack of chemistry with just about everyone is one of the main reason why I find August a weak addition to the ensemble. I hope they won’t try to force him into the spotlight during the remaining episodes. I don’t care about his story and would rather see more of original characters like Ruby (Meghan Ory was fantastic in last week’s episode! and Granny or Archie.

Comment by Elena – March 15, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since when is Mary Margaret missing?

Comment by LG – March 13, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obviously it hasn’t happened yet.

Comment by Captain – March 13, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since next sunday episode … 3/18

Comment by ealduey – March 13, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loves hats so much that hes not wearing one in any of the pictures.

Comment by ed – March 13, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am ready for this episode. Also I saw more chemistry between Ruby and August then with Emma. I don’t think they have chemistry at all.

Comment by May – March 13, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely! Emma and August feels too forced.

Comment by Catch625 – March 18, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was giving up on this show, but being a big fan of the all-too-short Kings, I’d pretty much watch anything Sebastian Stan’s in. Can’t wait for this episode! Mercury, anyone?

Comment by Jess – March 13, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not alone. I LOVE Sebastian Stan. I keep track of every movie and every show he’s in.

Comment by Nikki H. – March 13, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t like him at all for this part. He’s not the right choice for the part, he’s a very bad actor. Not looking foward to this..

Comment by ollie – March 13, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Man, I miss Kings. And Sebastian Stan was fantastic in it. He’s actually quite a good actor.

Comment by Meg – March 13, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Words can’t describe how much I miss seeing him on Gossip Girl. Can’t wait to see him as a crazy character. He rocks playing the villain.

Comment by Nikki H. – March 13, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That should be quite fun!

Comment by barbara – March 13, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “the Evil Queen persuades a skillful man of magic to come work for her one last time and travel to Wonderland in order to help steal something from the Queen of Hearts”

Question: Will we actually see the Queen of Hearts? If so, who plays her?

Comment by kirads09 – March 14, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I found my answer: “Jennifer Koenig as Queen of Hearts, Sebastian Stan as Jefferson, Ali Skovbye as Paige/Grace, Donald Adams as vendor, Roger Daltrey as Caterpillar (VO), Paul McGillion as Knave of Hearts, Laura Wilson as Mrs. Grace and Scott E. Miller as Mr. Grace.”

Daltry as the Caterpiller! That is HUGE icing on the cake for a show I already love and won’t miss (even if it just a voice over – it’s Daltry :heart: ).

Comment by kirads09 – March 14, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Daltry!! Sooo will not miss. This bodes well for guest appearances in the future. Who shall we cast next?!

Comment by Blaine – March 16, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, August doesn’t really add anything to the show. But the producers released that Graham will be returning in the season finale, 1×22. I loved him and Emma together. But Sebastian Stan is a fantastic hatter, and there are other stills of him in Fairy Tale Land/Wonderland released and he just looks amazing. I’m looking forward to his interpretation of the Mad Hatter.

Comment by Haley – March 19, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want to know what happened to august being in the hat trick episode???

Comment by J – March 29, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post