Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: Gossip Girl's Sebastian Stan Goes Mad

Gossip Girl and Kings alum Sebastian Stan will be going a bit crazy as Once Upon a Time‘s Mad Hatter, and we’ve got a first look at his Storybrooke counterpart.

Once Upon a Time: Watch the Full, Scoop-Filled PaleyFest Panel Here!

When Emma goes searching for a missing Mary Margaret in the March 25 episode, she crosses paths with Stan’s character, a man who loves hats so much, he’s teetering on the edge of madness. In fact, he’s so nuts, he kidnaps the Sheriff! Is it August to the rescue?

As EP Steve Pearlman told TVLine, the Mad Hatter episode “is quite a big one for Emma. She comes into contact with a new character in Storybrooke who starts her onto a bit of a different journey” — to, where, the town milliner?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Stephanie says:

Seriously. I heart this show.

2. kirads09 says:

Looks fantastic!

3. roglam says:

I’m really looking foward for this. I love Sebastian, I think he’ll be great as the Mad Hatter.

4. Patti says:

Looks good. I’m really partially to Primeval’s Andrew Lee Pott’s Hatter from the Syfy miniseries but I’m sure SS will do greatness. Also I really wish that drop the August character. He’s dull and chemistry free on the show.

• Lena120 says:

Is August the mystery writer? If so, yes, I agree they should get rid of him. I don’t see any chemistry between him and anyone else. He’s just boring to me. Maybe if there was another actor in the role. I dunno, he just doesn’t interest me at all.

• Nina says:

I loved Pott’s Hatter, too! But I am looking forward to seeing Stan’s Hatter. He looks gorgeous in these pics. I can’t wait to see Wonderland!

• Elena says:

Agreed on both accounts. I loved the Syfy miniseries too. Pott’s Mad Hatter is my favorite interpretation of the character in more recent Alice adaptations. I’m still looking forward to Stan’s take on the character though. I’m sure it’ll be fun.
      His lack of chemistry with just about everyone is one of the main reason why I find August a weak addition to the ensemble. I hope they won’t try to force him into the spotlight during the remaining episodes. I don’t care about his story and would rather see more of original characters like Ruby (Meghan Ory was fantastic in last week’s episode! and Granny or Archie.

5. LG says:

Since when is Mary Margaret missing?

6. ed says:

loves hats so much that hes not wearing one in any of the pictures.

7. May says:

I am ready for this episode. Also I saw more chemistry between Ruby and August then with Emma. I don’t think they have chemistry at all.

8. Jess says:

I was giving up on this show, but being a big fan of the all-too-short Kings, I’d pretty much watch anything Sebastian Stan’s in. Can’t wait for this episode! Mercury, anyone?

9. Nikki H. says:

Words can’t describe how much I miss seeing him on Gossip Girl. Can’t wait to see him as a crazy character. He rocks playing the villain.

10. barbara says:

That should be quite fun!

11. kirads09 says:

“the Evil Queen persuades a skillful man of magic to come work for her one last time and travel to Wonderland in order to help steal something from the Queen of Hearts”

Question: Will we actually see the Queen of Hearts? If so, who plays her?

• kirads09 says:

I found my answer: “Jennifer Koenig as Queen of Hearts, Sebastian Stan as Jefferson, Ali Skovbye as Paige/Grace, Donald Adams as vendor, Roger Daltrey as Caterpillar (VO), Paul McGillion as Knave of Hearts, Laura Wilson as Mrs. Grace and Scott E. Miller as Mr. Grace.”

Daltry as the Caterpiller! That is HUGE icing on the cake for a show I already love and won’t miss (even if it just a voice over – it’s Daltry :heart: ).

12. Haley says:

I agree, August doesn’t really add anything to the show. But the producers released that Graham will be returning in the season finale, 1×22. I loved him and Emma together. But Sebastian Stan is a fantastic hatter, and there are other stills of him in Fairy Tale Land/Wonderland released and he just looks amazing. I’m looking forward to his interpretation of the Mad Hatter.

13. J says:

i want to know what happened to august being in the hat trick episode???