TVLine Items: Game Change a Ratings Winner for HBO, CSI Welcomes Back Trace Vet and More!

Was Game Change a hit? You betcha!

The Sarah Palin-centric TV-movie was HBO’s most watched original film in nearly eight years, with the premiere showing alone bringing in an average audience of 2.1 million viewers. A total of 3.6 million viewers tuned in to watch one of the weekend’s four airings.

Game Change delivered the pay cabler’s best TV-movie audience 2004’s Something the Lord Made, which premiered to 2.6 million viewers.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Enrique Murciano is set to return to CSI, EW.com reports. The Without a Trace alum will reprise his role as Detective Carlos Moreno for multiple episodes later this season. Murciano was last seen in the CBS cop drama’s tenth season.

• Lifetime has ordered 20 additional episodes of John Walsh’s crime-fighting series America’s Most Wanted, which currently airs Fridays at 9:00/8:00c.

• ABC has renewed Bachelor Pad for a third season (to air this summer), and this time around the battle is being opened up to fans as well as alumni of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.

• The Closer‘s Raymond Cruz will play a corrupt sheriff in a Season 4 episode of White Collar, per TVGuide.com.

• Spartacus has found its Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus for Season 3 in Australian actor Todd Lasance and British star Simon Merrells, respectively, EW.com reports.

• Season 2 of Melissa & Joey will kick off ABC Family’s summer lineup with back-to-back new episodes on Wednesday, May 30.

• New Zealand-born actor Antony Starr has been cast as the lead in Alan Ball’s new Cinemax series Banshee, per Deadline. The drama centers on an ex-convict and master thief (Starr) who assumes the identity of a Pennsylvania sheriff and continues to carry out his criminal activities.

• A&E is developing an unscripted reality series from big-screen producer Michael Bay, Deadline reports. Little is known about the potential series, other than it promises to “test the strength of the family unit like never before.”

• SOAPnet will air a Make It or Break It marathon on Sunday, March 25 from 9 am to 7 pm, leading up to the ABC Family drama’s Season 3 premiere March 26. The cabler will also begin broadcasting episodes of Veronica Mars on Saturday, April 7.

• Sofia Vergara will take the stage April 7 as host of Saturday Night Live. Tweeny boppers One Direction are set to join the Modern Family star as musical guests.

• VH1 has given the green light to Ev and Ocho, a new eight-episode docu-series starring NFL star Chad Ochocinco and his fiancée, Basketball Wives star Evelyn Lozada, slated to premiere in Sept. 2012.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. nitemar says:

Id love to see Game Change, but will be a long wait for it with Netflix. :(

• Doug-H says:

One great thing about HBO is they have almost everything On Demand.. You can sign up for a month or 2 and catch up on years of HBO Shows!!! And with many services, they have promotions that may not be that expensive…

2. Michael says:

maybe CSI will treat Enrique Murciano better then NCIS did

• Angela says:

What did NCIS do to him? I mean other than cast off his role after awhile?

• Michael says:

He was suppose to be stay a CIA/NCIS agent and led to whatever Krent Kort was going in Ziva home country as well as keep Ziva away from Tony so they could fix Tony but the Tiva fan throw a hiss fit like a five year old and the made him a bad guy and got rid of him which not only piss off the NCIS fanbase but a lot of the actors on the show.

• Angela says:

Interesting. If Kate was still around I could have seen her & Tony together way more than Ziva & Tony. CIA Ray seemed a good fit for Ziva, but whatevs. I’m a fan of CSI too, so it’ll be nice to see him on there – so many cast changes on that show lately!

• Josh says:

I agree with you, although I find few people who do. Kate and Tony were a better match than Tony and Ziva.

3. Amanda says:

Question about the SoapNet item, isn’t it supposed to be going off the air later this month and replaced by a different Disney toddler channel??

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That plan has been postponed/staggered some.

• Nichole says:

Sweet. Now tell them to stop airing 90210 and OTH non-stop and start airing classic episodes of the daytime soaps. The episodes they are airing when everyone is asleep does not count. Mostly because they were from the times that AMC and OLTL were so bad I stopped watching.

• Larry Joe says:

Disney’s own “Disney Channel” website still lists March 23, 2012 as the launch date. That’s not correct any more?

4. Drew says:

I want to believe that people won’t take “Game Change” as some sort of historical shortcut and will recognize that it was written/produced/stars people who have donated tons of money to Obama, and was made in an effort to rip Sarah Palin apart just in case she decided to run for President. I want to believe that people will do enough research to know that the movie is full of lies and maybe do a little reading up on the truth.

I’d like to believe that people know better than to think HBO is without bias… yet somehow…

• Michael says:

You can say about about the other side too

• Drew says:

I would say the same thing about a movie produced by conservatives. I don’t think movies made by people with an agenda should be taken at face value. Research the facts that are presented in the movies. Do some homework. Politics isn’t entertainment, it’s serious and it changes the world. I always support people looking into the facts.

The reason I say that this is full of lies is because I’ve looked into the claims in the movie myself, from the supposed forgetfulness, to the “shopping spree” story, to her emotional outbursts, her not knowing that the British government is run by the Prime Minister, etc. (the list goes on) I’ve looked into the people who worked with her and read what they had to say. I watched videos and looked into her history as governor in Alaska, which is actually really impressive when you learn what goes into the job and what she accomplished. After doing my homework, I came to the conclusion that the book and the movie, which rely on unnamed “sources” are not being truthful. I find the whole “she’s a loving mother but she’s in over her head” angle to be completely sexist. The whole thing about moping around because she misses her baby… c’mon. Don’t like her if you don’t want to, but make it because of her beliefs or whatever, not these absurd stories which have nothing to back them up.

Sorry for the rambling there. I just wanted to make it clear that I’m not some sort of blind follower.

• Josh says:

I want people to research Palin, too. Then they will understand why she should never be allowed in Washington D.C. in any capacity. The movie did not rip Sarah to shreds, so let’s stop pretending like it was just out to get her. The CBS evening news was enough to topple her.

• Drew says:

Yeah, no. I fully believe that a group of Obama supporters made a totally unbiased movie about Sarah Palin. I also think that Rush Limbaugh would produce a completely fair and balanced movie about Obama.

Sarcasm aside though, I’m interested to know why you think Palin should never be allowed in Washington DC. What don’t you like about her?

5. Amy says:

Oh great…more publicity for that media hound Evelyn Lozada. Just what she needs.

6. cj says:

is it super lame that the item here i’m most excited about is the return of melissa & joey??? oh well.