Scoop: Freddie Prinze Jr. Joins NBC Comedy Pilot From Community Scribe Hilary Winston

Freddie Prinze Jr. is returning to the sitcom world with a role in NBC’s untitled comedy pilot from Community writer Hilary Winston.

The project revolves around Agnes (7th Heaven‘s Sarah Wright), a shy, focused woman who, after being dumped by her fiancé (Prinze), leans on her co-workers (played by Mena Suvari, Aubrey Dollar and Kyle Howard) to help come out of her shell and plot her revenge.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Prinze’s previous TV credits include the short-lived ABC comedy Freddie and 24.

As TVLine reported early Tuesday, Growing Pains vet Joanna Kerns will play Agnes’ mom.

Winston penned the pilot and will serve as EP alongside Jamie Tarses (Happy Endings, My Boys) and Julia Franz (Scrubs).

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Mark says:

I really enjoyed him in Freddie and Scooby Doo so I like this casting news.

2. Jon says:

Isn’t this the exact same premise as the new Ben Rappaport comedy?

3. Community lover says:

1st of all. Mena Suvari is going to do a sitcom? Huh.

2nd of all. I hope Hilary Winston is not leaving the Community writing staff. I think she is the one that Dan Harmon said writes some great stuff for Britta in one of the 1st season commentaries.

4. S says:

Such a cutie. I will never forget him playing the Manny in Friends lol. Hmmmm could this possibly mean Sarah Michelle Gellar will be staying with their child this time around if Ringer gets cancelled?

5. Kim says:

That’s not a flattering picture of Freddie Prinze Jr. When I first looked at the pic, and didn’t read the article I thought you guys were posting that he had cancer or some illness.

6. jericho says:

A lot of good people in this cast. I hope things work out. Its been a long time since we have seen some of them. Guiding Light was the last thing I saw Aubrey star in.

7. Jim says:

Hilary Winston left Community after the end of season 2.

8. J. says:

My personal opinion is that he’s a little bit of a hack of an actor. His subpar filmography kind of proves that much. I’ll never know what Sarah Michelle Gellar sees in him.