Details surrounding the cameo are being kept under wraps, but TVLine can confirm that Hawking will appear opposite Jim Parsons’ Sheldon Cooper in the April 5 episode. Nimoy’s voice, meanwhile, is slated pop up in the March 29 installment.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Being Human star Sam Huntington will guest-star in the upcoming fourth season of Syfy sister show Warehouse 13, playing a jazz musician named Ethan.
• Tammy Blanchard (Moneyball/Guiding Light) has landed a three-episode arc in the upcoming third season of The Big C, Deadline reports. She’ll play a free-spirit pilates instructor who enters into an unconventional relationship with John Benjamin Hickey’s Sean. Our sister site is also reporting that Arron Shiver (Longmire) and Meg Steedle (Body of Proof) have booked recurring roles on Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire. The former will play Dean O’Banion, who is based on the real-life nemesis of Al Capone, while the latter will portray a Broadway actress.
• Logo will launch the six-episode All Stars: RuPaul’s Drag Race this fall, featuring the best of the best from the four previous seasons.
• Nearly four years after High School Musical‘s final curtain call, Disney Channel is getting back into the song-and-dance biz with two new musical TV movies. Let It Shine, a gospel/hip-hop-centric flick starring Everybody Hates Chris‘ Tyler James Williams, will premiere Friday, June 15. The cabler has also given the green light to Teen Beach Musical, which is slated to bow in 2013 and star Austin & Ally‘s Ross Lynch. And speaking of Disney Channel, the cabler has renewed the aforementioned tween comedy, Austin & Ally, for a second season.
• Funnyman Will Ferrell will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live this Tuesday, March 13 to promote his new Spanish language film Casa De Mi Padre (hitting theaters March 16). In keeping with the spirit of the movie, Kimmel will conduct the interview in Spanish with English subtitles.
• Desperate Housewives and 24 alum Jeffrey Nordling guest-stars on TV Land’s Happily Divorced this Wednesday (10:30/9:30c) as the brother of Fran’s gay ex-husband. Things quickly heat up between the onetime in-laws and, as you can see in the following first look clip, Fran sees absolutely nothing wrong with that:
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?