Scoop: Stockard Channing, Kurt Fuller Join ABC's Mandy Moore Comedy Pilot

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Mandy Moore, meet your parents.

Acting vets Stockard Channing (The West Wing) and Kurt Fuller (Psych, Better with You, etc.) have joined the cast of ABC’s Untitled Mandy Moore Project, a half-hour comedy that revolves around newlyweds Annie (Moore) and Ben, who open a hip, new restaurant in Annie’s hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family.

Channing plays Barbara, Annie’s warm, devoted and sometimes overbearing mother. Fuller, meanwhile, plays her good-natured dad Steve, who’s used to taking a backseat to his take-charge wife.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Shawn Levy (Date Night) is attached to exec produce and direct the pilot. Bob Fisher (Traffic Light) and Stacy Traub (Notes From the Underbelly) penned the script.

Comments (7)

• This pilot just pulled me in even more. I already love Mandy Moore and now Stockard Channing and Kurt Fuller. I will definitely be watching this show.

Comment by MJ – March 12, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can this NOT get picked up?

Comment by Maureen – March 12, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I’m sure it will get picked up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this goes the way of Out of Practice and Better with You.

Comment by Carmichael – March 12, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds good! Mandy Moore and Stockard Channing are both great so I hope this gets picked up!

Comment by Kat – March 12, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kurt Fuller, but I can only support this if he can still be Woody!

Comment by Kate – March 12, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stockard Channing! Just tell me when its on

Comment by pv – March 12, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great cast! I wonder who will play her husband.

Comment by Lindsey – March 12, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post