Exclusive Awake Video: Will Britten Lose His [Spoiler] in Both Realities?

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Michael Britten’s two “worlds” collide in a harrowing way this week on NBC’s Awake (Thursdays, 10/9c), when a self-proclaimed “innocent” man he helped put behind bars escapes from a prison escort and proceeds to kidnap the LAPD detective’s son Rex — and TVLine has a first look clip from the nail-biting hour.

As seen here, Britten gets an update from Rex’s tennis coach, Tara (Michaela McManus), who was targeted by the fugitive in a carjacking as she drove Rex home one afternoon. But then a new lead reveals that Rex’s abductor, named Cooper, may be closer than Britten thinks.

All told, it’s a quite thrilling episode — one of the best of four I’ve screened thus far — as Britten goes to extreme lengths to “switch” realities so that he might secure a clue from the “red” world about his son’s whereabouts.

Tags:

Comments (20)

• I really like this show. And I LOVE Jason Isaacs. Hope the show catches on.

Comment by zaza – March 12, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG this is so cool!!! I cannot wait until Thursday. I cant watch at 10 but I get home at 6am in the morning and am so glad we can download and watch….

Comment by karl – March 12, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What zaza said.

Comment by Donna – March 12, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awake needs more viewers in the coming weeks ’cause it’s one of the most compelling shows I’ve seen in years.

Comment by kevin – March 12, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. It’s very intriguing and well acted. If I were he, I would feel the same way – if “getting well” meant losing a child or a spouse, I wouldn’t want to get well, either. I was surprised to see there’s a larger story here at stake, what with his boss’s meeting on the park bench. I wonder how long we’ll have to wait before we find out more?

Comment by Bella – March 12, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very exciting! So glad this show finally debuted – it is the best thing on TV right now and Jason Isaacs is just terrific! Please watch or NBC will not stick with it!

Comment by Linderella – March 12, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds intriguing, and I love Jason Isaacs – any idea when we’ll be getting a peek over here in Blighty?

Comment by Shazza, UK – March 12, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Caught this OnDemand this weekend, well, the pilot anyway. Is this episode coming up the 2nd or 3rd? I can never tell with that, if they’re holding episodes for 8 days or not. It was pretty interesting, though. I love Jason Isaacs, but I definitely think this show needs to settle a little bit, it doesn’t seem to have found a rhythm yet.

Comment by Rachel – March 12, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the third episode.

Comment by Katie Hart – March 12, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you! I’ll have to look for #2 OnDemand this week, maybe tape this one until I find it…

Comment by Rachel – March 12, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! I can’t wait. I love both Jason Isaacs and the show. And best of all, I was able to view the video. Most NBC ones are blocked in Canada.

Comment by Carol C – March 12, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really loving Awake so far. I just wish more people would watch because it’s too good to be cancelled.

Comment by Dani – March 12, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show and am axcited about this episode. This is NBC’s best drama in a long time. I also enjoy Grimm and Smash, but this one is so intriguing. I wish more people would watch; it needs to stay on the schedule!

Comment by jess – March 12, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I should have said, best NBC drama since Life. Still miss that one.

Comment by jess – March 12, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What Donna said.

Comment by Mike – March 12, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish this show debuted earlier so that it was easier to find. It wasn’t well promoted, and I never would’ve known it was premiering had I not been actively paying attention to it since hearing about it last summer. I feel bad, but I hope that because it’s NBC, lower ratings will suffice for renewal.

Comment by Emily – March 12, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best character driven SciFi show on TV at the moment. I hope TV Line keeps giving it the attention it needs to boost its ratings.

Comment by digitalred93 – March 12, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awake is so good and it deserves more viewers. NBC needs to put Jason Isaacs and other key cast members on more talk shows!

Comment by Jaya – March 12, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • watched the first episode and was puzzled and intrigued, so when the second one came up i watched it carefully, and loved it. it makes you pay attention… makes you think. I hope it becomes a regular entry in the lineup, and i hope that soon the folks in UK and elsewhere will get to see it in a timely manner. Let’s keep this one alive.

Comment by Jan – March 12, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear TVLine,
    would you please add AWAKE to your “Renewal Scorecard”?

Many thanks,