Exclusive

Exclusive Awake Video: Will Britten Lose His [Spoiler] in Both Realities?

Michael Britten’s two “worlds” collide in a harrowing way this week on NBC’s Awake (Thursdays, 10/9c), when a self-proclaimed “innocent” man he helped put behind bars escapes from a prison escort and proceeds to kidnap the LAPD detective’s son Rex — and TVLine has a first look clip from the nail-biting hour.

As seen here, Britten gets an update from Rex’s tennis coach, Tara (Michaela McManus), who was targeted by the fugitive in a carjacking as she drove Rex home one afternoon. But then a new lead reveals that Rex’s abductor, named Cooper, may be closer than Britten thinks.

All told, it’s a quite thrilling episode — one of the best of four I’ve screened thus far — as Britten goes to extreme lengths to “switch” realities so that he might secure a clue from the “red” world about his son’s whereabouts.

1. zaza says:

I really like this show. And I LOVE Jason Isaacs. Hope the show catches on.

• karl says:

OMG this is so cool!!! I cannot wait until Thursday. I cant watch at 10 but I get home at 6am in the morning and am so glad we can download and watch….

2. Donna says:

What zaza said.

3. kevin says:

Awake needs more viewers in the coming weeks ’cause it’s one of the most compelling shows I’ve seen in years.

4. Bella says:

I agree. It’s very intriguing and well acted. If I were he, I would feel the same way – if “getting well” meant losing a child or a spouse, I wouldn’t want to get well, either. I was surprised to see there’s a larger story here at stake, what with his boss’s meeting on the park bench. I wonder how long we’ll have to wait before we find out more?

5. Linderella says:

Very exciting! So glad this show finally debuted – it is the best thing on TV right now and Jason Isaacs is just terrific! Please watch or NBC will not stick with it!

6. Shazza, UK says:

This sounds intriguing, and I love Jason Isaacs – any idea when we’ll be getting a peek over here in Blighty?

7. Rachel says:

Caught this OnDemand this weekend, well, the pilot anyway. Is this episode coming up the 2nd or 3rd? I can never tell with that, if they’re holding episodes for 8 days or not. It was pretty interesting, though. I love Jason Isaacs, but I definitely think this show needs to settle a little bit, it doesn’t seem to have found a rhythm yet.

8. Carol C says:

WOW! I can’t wait. I love both Jason Isaacs and the show. And best of all, I was able to view the video. Most NBC ones are blocked in Canada.

9. Dani says:

Really loving Awake so far. I just wish more people would watch because it’s too good to be cancelled.

10. jess says:

I really like this show and am axcited about this episode. This is NBC’s best drama in a long time. I also enjoy Grimm and Smash, but this one is so intriguing. I wish more people would watch; it needs to stay on the schedule!

11. Mike says:

What Donna said.

12. Emily says:

I really wish this show debuted earlier so that it was easier to find. It wasn’t well promoted, and I never would’ve known it was premiering had I not been actively paying attention to it since hearing about it last summer. I feel bad, but I hope that because it’s NBC, lower ratings will suffice for renewal.

13. digitalred93 says:

Best character driven SciFi show on TV at the moment. I hope TV Line keeps giving it the attention it needs to boost its ratings.

14. Jaya says:

Awake is so good and it deserves more viewers. NBC needs to put Jason Isaacs and other key cast members on more talk shows!

15. Jan says:

watched the first episode and was puzzled and intrigued, so when the second one came up i watched it carefully, and loved it. it makes you pay attention… makes you think. I hope it becomes a regular entry in the lineup, and i hope that soon the folks in UK and elsewhere will get to see it in a timely manner. Let’s keep this one alive.

16. Keren says:

Dear TVLine,
    would you please add AWAKE to your “Renewal Scorecard”?

Many thanks,