Pilot News: Seeker Star Is The CW's Joey Dakota

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

The CW’s Joey Dakota pilot has found its hard-rockin’ Joey Dakota, in Aussie actor/Legend of the Seeker alum Craig Horner, our sister site Deadline reports.

In an adaptation of the Israeli series Danny Hollywood, Greek‘s Amber Stevens plays Maya, a filmmaker working on a docu about Joey Dakota, a rock star who died too young in the 1990s. When Maya (somehow) travels back in time, she meets and falls in love with the musician, only to be thrust back to the present. She then labors to get back to the ’90s to help Joey dodge death — Butterfly Effect be damned!

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Last month, Horner’s Seeker leading lady, Bridget Regan, boarded NBC’s Western-themed pilot The Frontier.

The CW’s other drama pilots in development include Arrow, Beauty and the Beast (with Smallville‘s Kristen Kreuk), The Carrie Diaries, the medical drama First Cut (with Good Wife‘s Mamie Gummer and Smallville‘s Justin Hartley) and the Hunger Games-like The Selection (starring Aimee Teegarden); find a full list here.

Comments (34)

• If the CW keeps ordering pilots to be made it won’t leave any room for returning shows and The Vampire Diaries will be the only show to return!

*gulp*

Comment by Dee – March 10, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess you forgot Supernatural. It has also been decent in ratings. No new pilots are gonna shake Supernatural. This year, CW has launched 3 new shows, two of them with great cast (Ringer – Sarah Michelle Gellar) and see what happened. All the three miserably failed. If at least one show is successful, of all the shows CW is gonna pick up for next season, CW management would be happy.

And Supernatural is gonna be with CW till it lasts. The Vampire Diaries might get cancelled even before Supernatural does. Aren’t there enough Vampires every where these days to bore us to death.

Comment by KS Winchester – March 10, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Get off your SPN horse. It’s not in such a good shape as you think it is. TVD getting canceled before SPN? LMaoooo, you’re kidding me. And The Secret Circle isn’t failing miserably, it’s one of the top rated shows on the newtwork. And Supernatural is an old show now, it will be calling quits soon.

Comment by Felicia – March 11, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t see this show get picked up, it’s unlogical and don’t think CW can pull it of in a good way!
    But the cast is great amber was great in Greek and Grey’s! This Seeker guy made a pretty good job as well!

Comment by Marko – March 10, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I assume this is a sequel to Hannah Montana, no?

Comment by Kirby – March 10, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahaha. Laugh of the morning.

Comment by Lisa – March 11, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Amber Stevens! I hope that this pilot is good and gets picked up! One of the executives said it reminded him of Across the Universe. I’m down with that!

Comment by Fabian – March 10, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t get too excited about this one, I mean it’s happened before, we get all excited about certain shows and then people don’t watch them and they’re cancelled before their time and without a proper ending (the gates, keen eddie, jericho),true some might say those shows weren’t good, but hey that’s just my opinion, so this show and whole bunch that are kind of supernatural may not last as long as you’d want them to, so getting invested, dunno, I’m not that sure anymore, don’t want to be left with that feeling of emptiness when and if they’re cancelled, I know I know, a bit dramatic but sometimes as I’m sure some of you know it’s love at first sight

Comment by Alex – March 10, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Craig Horner has the whole Legend Of The Seeker fandom behind him, so anything he does musically or acting is going to have a big following! :)

Comment by Melanie – March 10, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Two Words: Tabrett Bethell

I need to see that woman on my TV.

Comment by Tusk – March 10, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean that giant fandom that couldn’t get Legend of the Seeker renewed for a 3rd season?

Comment by Captain – March 10, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Seeker went off because of money problems with the company that distributed it. Not because of its ratings. Sci Fy almost picked it up, but changed their minds. Presently alot of people are attempting to get LEGEND OF THE SEEKER BACK! Either as a movie or series renewal.

Comment by Dennis – April 5, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i loved him in LotS all that cast needs to get together and make another show because everyone on legend of the seeker were great actors so yeah ill watch

Comment by LotS FAN – March 18, 2012 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg this is the BEST news ever! LOVE CRAIG HORNER! he was the PERFECT PIC! this show is gonna be AMAZINGGG!!!

Comment by Kavok – March 10, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show sounds boring. As long as the cw keeps my show I won’t complain.

Comment by I – March 10, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seems more like a movie than a show but I’m liking the casting, such as Amber Stevens from Greek. So if it gets picked up I’ll probably check it out.

Also it’s funny that alot of the cast from the Australian show H20 are making there way on to CW shows. Craig Horner, Phoebe Tonkin, Claire Holt. Maybe Cariba will be next.

Comment by P – March 10, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha Right!? i Love the CW for bringing in the Aussies! ;) their amazing! use 2 watch H20 for Craig Horner .. Hope this gets picked up so we can have Him join the CW Aussie party! ;)

Comment by Ally – March 12, 2012 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actuallly, Cariba is on the CW now. She’s on a brand new show called Dance Academy. Yup. It’s pretty cool.

Comment by Luci DiMuzio – May 3, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a Charles DeLint novel/short story, where people traveled back to change theis circumstances.

Comment by JAO – March 10, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay I hope this gets picked up I loved legend of the Seeker I miss Greg and Bridget they were so good together. This show sounds really good. I’m watching both of their shows. I am so exited lol

Comment by Patricia – March 10, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want the Selection to be picked up and for Hart of Dixie to get renewed, then I’ll be happy.

Comment by Lauren – March 10, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES, I agree @lauren.

I want Hart of Dixie to be renewed, Gossip Girl to be cancelled, and THE SELECTION, ARROW, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST to be picked up.

I feel like The CW is going to give a go-ahead to The Carrie Diaries, and I kind of want this show to be picked up now just so I can see Craig Horner on my TV again.

Comment by K – March 10, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Craig Horner but in order to make room for all these pilots the CW would have to cancel a lot of shows. I don’t want Nikita to get canceled.

Comment by Legend of the Seeker – March 10, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I will be happy to see Craig on my TV once a week again. Love him.

Comment by jlcollins – March 10, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW is looking at a lot of interesting Pilots for this Fall. I just hope they keep The Secret Circle and The Vampire Diaries!! Love these two shows and they are coming back with new episodes this week on Thursday!

Comment by Anon – March 10, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what is happening with the cast og h20?? they are all coming to america!!!! i love this

Comment by luli – March 10, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. If this show gets a series order I’ll be very surprised.

Comment by Jason – March 10, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new head of the CW said he wants to add more hours of original programming to the schedule so I wouldn’t be surprised if they added some new shows to the midseason line-up. I see The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Supernatural, Gossip Girl, 90210 and Nikita returning and them giving 4 pilots series orders. Hopefully the pilots they order are Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, The Selection and Joey Dakota.

Comment by Captian – March 10, 2012 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly, I don’t think Nikita and Ringer will survive the cut. Ratings just weren’t strong enough. Fans of SMG and Maggie Q can only blame themselves for failing to support their stars the way they “claimed” they would prior to the debuts. Top Model needs to go, GG needs to conclude after a half-season, 90210 just never caught on, and Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle need to CRANK UP THE COMPELLING DRAMA pretty quickly. Shows can’t afford the “slow burn” theory anymore. It’s “hook them and keep them, or lose them forever.”

Comment by Steve – March 11, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!!! CW is thinking outside its box of “usual” actors it keeps recycling! Craig Horner is an immense talent, so hot, and something NEW for many U.S. viewers who didn’t happen to catch his stellar work in Seeker.

THANK YOU, CW, for this exceptional casting move! Please make sure the show makes the schedule and that you promote it properly. Guarantee it’ll do better than half the schedule (yeah, I’m talking to you, old and tired ANTM!) right now! Love ya, Craig!!!

Comment by Jonah – March 11, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The company didn’t wanna pay for another season Reguardless of the fans there are over 2 million fans to this show

Comment by Crystal – March 11, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show sounds like fun (especially if they don’t push too hard with the music.) But the entire plot sounds vaguely like a Being Erica subplot.

Comment by Lina – March 11, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am Def gonna watch this show 4 Craig Horner.. he’s a brilliant actor & a great musician… He’ll do an outstanding job with this role. Hope the CW is smart enough 2 pick it up.

Comment by Ally – March 12, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post