Pilot News: Seeker Star Is The CW's Joey Dakota

The CW’s Joey Dakota pilot has found its hard-rockin’ Joey Dakota, in Aussie actor/Legend of the Seeker alum Craig Horner, our sister site Deadline reports.

In an adaptation of the Israeli series Danny Hollywood, Greek‘s Amber Stevens plays Maya, a filmmaker working on a docu about Joey Dakota, a rock star who died too young in the 1990s. When Maya (somehow) travels back in time, she meets and falls in love with the musician, only to be thrust back to the present. She then labors to get back to the ’90s to help Joey dodge death — Butterfly Effect be damned!

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Last month, Horner’s Seeker leading lady, Bridget Regan, boarded NBC’s Western-themed pilot The Frontier.

The CW’s other drama pilots in development include Arrow, Beauty and the Beast (with Smallville‘s Kristen Kreuk), The Carrie Diaries, the medical drama First Cut (with Good Wife‘s Mamie Gummer and Smallville‘s Justin Hartley) and the Hunger Games-like The Selection (starring Aimee Teegarden); find a full list here.

1. Dee says:

If the CW keeps ordering pilots to be made it won’t leave any room for returning shows and The Vampire Diaries will be the only show to return!

*gulp*

• KS Winchester says:

I guess you forgot Supernatural. It has also been decent in ratings. No new pilots are gonna shake Supernatural. This year, CW has launched 3 new shows, two of them with great cast (Ringer – Sarah Michelle Gellar) and see what happened. All the three miserably failed. If at least one show is successful, of all the shows CW is gonna pick up for next season, CW management would be happy.

And Supernatural is gonna be with CW till it lasts. The Vampire Diaries might get cancelled even before Supernatural does. Aren’t there enough Vampires every where these days to bore us to death.

• Felicia says:

Get off your SPN horse. It’s not in such a good shape as you think it is. TVD getting canceled before SPN? LMaoooo, you’re kidding me. And The Secret Circle isn’t failing miserably, it’s one of the top rated shows on the newtwork. And Supernatural is an old show now, it will be calling quits soon.

2. Marko says:

I really don’t see this show get picked up, it’s unlogical and don’t think CW can pull it of in a good way!
    But the cast is great amber was great in Greek and Grey’s! This Seeker guy made a pretty good job as well!

3. Kirby says:

I assume this is a sequel to Hannah Montana, no?

4. Fabian says:

I love Amber Stevens! I hope that this pilot is good and gets picked up! One of the executives said it reminded him of Across the Universe. I’m down with that!

5. Alex says:

I wouldn’t get too excited about this one, I mean it’s happened before, we get all excited about certain shows and then people don’t watch them and they’re cancelled before their time and without a proper ending (the gates, keen eddie, jericho),true some might say those shows weren’t good, but hey that’s just my opinion, so this show and whole bunch that are kind of supernatural may not last as long as you’d want them to, so getting invested, dunno, I’m not that sure anymore, don’t want to be left with that feeling of emptiness when and if they’re cancelled, I know I know, a bit dramatic but sometimes as I’m sure some of you know it’s love at first sight

6. Melanie says:

Craig Horner has the whole Legend Of The Seeker fandom behind him, so anything he does musically or acting is going to have a big following! :)

• Tusk says:

Two Words: Tabrett Bethell

I need to see that woman on my TV.

• Captain says:

You mean that giant fandom that couldn’t get Legend of the Seeker renewed for a 3rd season?

• Dennis says:

The Seeker went off because of money problems with the company that distributed it. Not because of its ratings. Sci Fy almost picked it up, but changed their minds. Presently alot of people are attempting to get LEGEND OF THE SEEKER BACK! Either as a movie or series renewal.

• LotS FAN says:

i loved him in LotS all that cast needs to get together and make another show because everyone on legend of the seeker were great actors so yeah ill watch

7. Kavok says:

Omg this is the BEST news ever! LOVE CRAIG HORNER! he was the PERFECT PIC! this show is gonna be AMAZINGGG!!!

8. I says:

This show sounds boring. As long as the cw keeps my show I won’t complain.

9. P says:

This seems more like a movie than a show but I’m liking the casting, such as Amber Stevens from Greek. So if it gets picked up I’ll probably check it out.

Also it’s funny that alot of the cast from the Australian show H20 are making there way on to CW shows. Craig Horner, Phoebe Tonkin, Claire Holt. Maybe Cariba will be next.

• Ally says:

Haha Right!? i Love the CW for bringing in the Aussies! ;) their amazing! use 2 watch H20 for Craig Horner .. Hope this gets picked up so we can have Him join the CW Aussie party! ;)

• Luci DiMuzio says:

Actuallly, Cariba is on the CW now. She’s on a brand new show called Dance Academy. Yup. It’s pretty cool.

10. JAO says:

Sounds like a Charles DeLint novel/short story, where people traveled back to change theis circumstances.

11. Patricia says:

Yay I hope this gets picked up I loved legend of the Seeker I miss Greg and Bridget they were so good together. This show sounds really good. I’m watching both of their shows. I am so exited lol

12. Lauren says:

I want the Selection to be picked up and for Hart of Dixie to get renewed, then I’ll be happy.

• K says:

YES, I agree @lauren.

I want Hart of Dixie to be renewed, Gossip Girl to be cancelled, and THE SELECTION, ARROW, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST to be picked up.

I feel like The CW is going to give a go-ahead to The Carrie Diaries, and I kind of want this show to be picked up now just so I can see Craig Horner on my TV again.

13. Legend of the Seeker says:

I like Craig Horner but in order to make room for all these pilots the CW would have to cancel a lot of shows. I don’t want Nikita to get canceled.

14. jlcollins says:

YAY! I will be happy to see Craig on my TV once a week again. Love him.

15. Anon says:

The CW is looking at a lot of interesting Pilots for this Fall. I just hope they keep The Secret Circle and The Vampire Diaries!! Love these two shows and they are coming back with new episodes this week on Thursday!

16. luli says:

what is happening with the cast og h20?? they are all coming to america!!!! i love this

17. Jason says:

Wow. If this show gets a series order I’ll be very surprised.

18. Captian says:

The new head of the CW said he wants to add more hours of original programming to the schedule so I wouldn’t be surprised if they added some new shows to the midseason line-up. I see The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Supernatural, Gossip Girl, 90210 and Nikita returning and them giving 4 pilots series orders. Hopefully the pilots they order are Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, The Selection and Joey Dakota.

• Steve says:

Sadly, I don’t think Nikita and Ringer will survive the cut. Ratings just weren’t strong enough. Fans of SMG and Maggie Q can only blame themselves for failing to support their stars the way they “claimed” they would prior to the debuts. Top Model needs to go, GG needs to conclude after a half-season, 90210 just never caught on, and Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle need to CRANK UP THE COMPELLING DRAMA pretty quickly. Shows can’t afford the “slow burn” theory anymore. It’s “hook them and keep them, or lose them forever.”

19. Jonah says:

FINALLY!!!! CW is thinking outside its box of “usual” actors it keeps recycling! Craig Horner is an immense talent, so hot, and something NEW for many U.S. viewers who didn’t happen to catch his stellar work in Seeker.

THANK YOU, CW, for this exceptional casting move! Please make sure the show makes the schedule and that you promote it properly. Guarantee it’ll do better than half the schedule (yeah, I’m talking to you, old and tired ANTM!) right now! Love ya, Craig!!!

20. Crystal says:

The company didn’t wanna pay for another season Reguardless of the fans there are over 2 million fans to this show

21. Lina says:

The show sounds like fun (especially if they don’t push too hard with the music.) But the entire plot sounds vaguely like a Being Erica subplot.

22. Ally says:

Am Def gonna watch this show 4 Craig Horner.. he’s a brilliant actor & a great musician… He’ll do an outstanding job with this role. Hope the CW is smart enough 2 pick it up.