Pilot Scoop: Vanessa Williams Lands at ABC's Supernatural 666 Park Avenue

Desperate HousewivesVanessa Williams is the latest in-demand actor to call 666 Park Avenue home, having been added to the cast of ABC’s supernatural-tinged drama pilot.

TVLine has learned that Williams will play Olivia, who, with husband Gavin (Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn), owns the historic luxury apartment building at the center of the drama.

Williams thus becomes the first of the Desperate housewives to book a pilot, as the sudser inches towards its series finale.

Previously announced cast for the buzzy pilot include Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters) and Rachael Taylor (Grey’s Anatomy) as marrieds newly signed on to manage the property, and Mercedes Masohn (The Finder) and Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill) as fashion photog Louise and playwright Brian, another couple who lives at the ominous address.

Comments (22)

• Good for her!

Comment by PatiD – March 9, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah.. this show’s gonna make it to series.

Comment by Danielle H – March 9, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep. Definitely different from the book.

Comment by Summer – March 9, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her, she is so awesome, and happy she is gettings work. will definately watch

Comment by juan – March 9, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC is NOT letting go of Ms. Williams!

Comment by the girl – March 9, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABC doesn’t seem to want go let go of any of their actors from past shows, hence this pilot.

Comment by Quang Tran – March 9, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this show scary?

Comment by Mark – March 9, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her. Desperate Housewives didn’t utilize her enough IMO.

Comment by Dany – March 9, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more cast members they cast the more i want to see this be ordered to series! i hope the pilot gets picked up.

Comment by Jake – March 9, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally a good casting decision. Vanessa is great in any role. She’ll be awesome here. I’m becoming more and more intrigued by this show. Can’t wait for may so they can release promos already!
    I can’t seem to find the books.

Comment by shuayb – March 9, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re right! They just added her as a plot device. But she’ll be great here.

Comment by shuayb – March 9, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Series became so big of cast, so it will be a sin if they don’t pick it up. And basically ABC took an actor from all their big series in the last years – LOST, Desperate Housewives/Ugly Betty, Brothers and Sisters and Grey’s Anatomy

Comment by Raykov – March 9, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s all hope that they actually know what to do with V as opposed to the idiots at DH. I was thinking she might be a great judge on X-factor. I love her music so much that I thought she would get back to that. I also thought if Dallas takes off she would make a GREAT adversary for the likes of JR!

Comment by scorpo – March 10, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @ scorpo: DITTO!!! she was sooo misused on DH it was disheartenening!!! she was supposed to be playing a villain just like she did on UB and yet all she did was being shown 2 minutes per episodes (tops) and delivering oneliners. cherry, you are an idiot!!!

Comment by lavinia – March 10, 2012 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVED it during the last episode when Renee told the loan shark not to underestimate her after he threatened her. BUT THEN, the writers turn around and make her a victim with Mike having to come in and save her house. I was hoping we’d have a scene of her kicking the crap out of the guy.

Comment by topsyturvy – March 10, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping Marc Cherry would offer her a role on Devious Maids. Maybe he did but she didn’t accept? I dunno.

Comment by RowellE – March 10, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This cast. Good lord. So many attractive and talented people. I don’t see any way this isn’t gonna get picked up just because of all these awesome people

Comment by Matt – March 10, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this gets picked up I love Rachel Taylor, I love Dave and I really really love Vanessa Williams im pretty amaze how great ABC is casting all their pilots with wonderful actors, I mean look at Devious Maids, they have Anna Otiz and Roselyn Sanchez, Last Resort has autumn reeser and nashville has connie. I think ABC has the best pilots this coming year and I hope Marcia Cross gets cast in a Pilot I will miss her once DH is gone.

Comment by fernando – March 10, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. This has become the pilot with the most interesting casting.

Comment by Leo – March 11, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Normally I don’t watch these kind of shows, but with this cast, if it gets picked up, I might give it a shot.

Comment by Daisy – March 13, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is the picture of Vanessa an ABC release?

Comment by Jose Ruiz – April 4, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I just had the opportunity to watch the pilot of this.

I cannot say too much, but it was simply an excellent pilot.

It seemed a bit cheesy at first, but after that, it was rather enjoyable, particularly Terry O’Quinn’s performance.

Comment by A person! – May 4, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post