Vampire Diaries First Look: Rebekah Tortures Damon, Stefan and Elena Have a 'Moment'

Two original episodes remain before Vampire Diaries‘ “The Murder of One” airs on March 29 (The CW, 8/7c), and if the following sneak peek at the hour is any indication, viewers have a lot to look forward to.

First — and probably foremost for Damon fans — Rebekah takes a knife to the shirtless bad boy vamp in her “brutal plan to take revenge” on him, according to the official episode description. Brother Finn, meanwhile, is pulled into Klaus and Rebekah’s scheme as they “find the perfect motivator to convince [him] to cooperate.”

Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Cassidy Freeman Teams With Damon! Plus: Meredith [SPOILER]!

Elsewhere, the brothers Salvatore bring Elena, Caroline and Matt in on their plan to destroy Klaus, which means — get excited, fans of Stefan and Caroline’s friendship! — the blonde bloodsucker and Elena’s ex will soon share a scene! But it’s the Stefan/Elena ‘shippers who will truly have a field day as the two partake in “a heartbreaking moment.”

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. I wonder why Sage is all broken up?

• A says:

Seriously, I don’t know why they even bother? No one cares about this mess anymore!

• Manie says:

TVD is starting to feel like Heroes… too many characters that we DON’T care about with better story lines than the ones that we DO care about.

• Aria says:

This is ringing too true. The only Originals that are remotely interesting are Klaus and Elijah and that is wearing thin.

• Tarc says:

Agreed. Klaus never worked for me, but Elijah is pretty great. I’d send away the originals (or kill them, no matter to me) aside from Elijah. During this last plot, I was hoping for Elena warning Elijah about the blood in the champaigne, so when the ritual was performed, all the other oiriginals died, but Klaus remained. Then he could reappear from time to time without the baggage of the whole waning hybrid thing. Aren’t just plain vampires and werewolves cool enough? I think so.

• Russ says:

We don’t know anything about Sage, she could turn out to be a amazing character so watch before you bash her.

2. cb says:

Can not wait for the stelena moments and the stefan and caroline stuff

3. Manie says:

Matt?! Seriously?! Since when does he get included? But most of all, since when does he WANTS to be included in the supernatural thing?! Is that a way to tell us that he will die this season?! o.O

And after reading the description and not seeing Bonnie being part of the plan, I’m guessing that she will either be with her mom and Jamie back at Abby’s house OR that the rift between Elena and her that was teased before will come in play. Find it sad though that we don’t see the Bonnie/Klaus scenes nowhere in these pictures. Let’s hope it won’t get edited out of the episode… (I wouldn’t be the first time)

• Ian says:

Yeah, I adore Bonnie, and I’ve gotten quite sick of how expected it’s become that she’s left out most of time. Whenever they need a witch, that’s all they use her for.
      All these random hookups and epic romances and triangles, and she just gets the most unsuitable leftovers. Jeremy? Really? That was never going anywhere, and I thought they might make a match of her and Matt at one point at the beginning of the season but that never happened. Of course, way back when, a lot of fans wanted Damon falling for her, given how much they fired each other up, but it was foolish to think the story would ever veer him out of the clutches of Elena’s center-of-the-universe vagina. But she’s the ‘heroine’ of the show, so I can understand her pulling most of the focus, but why does Caroline have to be Ms. Congeniality? I just can’t.

And now back to the point, the Bonnie/Klaus scenes are made no mention of, and possibly edited out.
      I still love you Bonnie. Hopefully one day you’ll get your due.

• Manie says:

Seriously, if the Klaus/Bonnie scene is edited out after being mentioned in the description, I will officially start to think that there is something wrong with TVD. She was twice in a promo this year and edited out. I mean, don’t showcase it, if you’re going to not show it in the end.

• dan says:

I feel like Bonnie gets left out because of the budget, they have too many actors and can’t afford to pay them all. Plus, witch means special effects. But they are silly to underuse her, she’s such an interesting character.

• Manie says:

Technically, Bonnie should have been more important than any other character after Elena/Stefan/Damon… Cut a little of everyone else’s screen time and she’ll get hers back! LOL ;)

• A says:

Technically, Bonnie should have been involved with Damon by now, that would’ve made the love triangle more interesting but noooooo Lord forbid a white male like Damon ever to get involved with someone other than the white Elena.

• Manie says:

@A
            I don’t think it’s about the color (she went for both Ben and Jeremy) I think it’s mostly that they don’t know how to bring it back. And also that each time Damon/Bonnie “shaky and barely existent friendship” take a step forward, they make it go back 10 steps the next episode.

4. Alyssa says:

What!?! I wanted Caroline and Klaus to get together!

5. Anon says:

We’re less than a week now till THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE SECRET CIRCLE returns!!

I’m still surprised about the involvement of Matt in this episode.

6. Tegan says:

ACK, no, Stelena! D:
    I’m probably going to have to get used to the fact that they’re going to get together again… but honestly I really hope Stefan dies towards the end of the series. Elena’s never going to get to be with either of them while the other is still around, and she just has so much more chemistry with Damon!

• Candygirl says:

Then Damon is the one that needs to die.

• Tegan says:

If they kill off Damon, they kill the series and the 68% of surveyed fans that ship Delena as opposed to Stelena. Damon is also the favorite character of the majority of viewers, and the writers and producers know that.

• Manie says:

68%?! Don’t push it! One survey from one fansite won’t change anything! Damon may be fav character, but the only reason why the DE fans seems to be so numerous is because most of them are younger, louder and scream murder everywhere when they don’t get what they want. And let’s not forget bashing other pairing that isn’t DE. Opposed to other fans who are generally more lay back, some are just as intense as DE fan sometimes, but go through every single fandom site and you’ll see what I mean.

Anyway, look at the rating for TVD since its first season, yes there is more DE this season, but it’s also its worst season when it comes to rating and I’ve never seen the fans criticizing the plotlines that much before.

My opinion in that kill Damon or Stefan is that they should stick to the books, kill Elena! :D Problem is solve!

• Teya says:

The ratings actually have little to do with the couplings and more to do with the natural decline that all Tv shows experience (and at about 6%, TVD is actually doing exceptionally well in that department). That being said, I completely agree that polls aren’t that best indicators (a link get’s posted on 1 fanpage and BOOM, way lopsided results).

• TJ says:

If were gonna use polls, the hollywood life poll (over 200,000 votes) had DE polling at about 80% :D

• A. says:

I think the ratings have long proven the so called 68% you provide (without link to your “survey” I may add) are completely deluded: this show is losing more viewers by forcing Delena than any show with an actual storyline – The Walking Dead, Being Human, True Blood, etc. so far.

• Teya says:

Percentage wise, TVD has actually lost less viewers from it’s season 1 average than the walking dead and true blood. Being Human has however gained viewers, to which I say yay, good show :)

• Manie says:

@Teya
            Being Human is amazing… I’m very happy with what they did in the US version this season! :)

• helena-pugh says:

That’s right! They can’t kill Damon or it would kill the show. Although Elena is getting annoying now, i don’t care who she picks…Just wish she would pick one of them and soon before it drags out anymore.

• T says:

I wanted to click on Candygirl’s comment I was agreeing with her. I love Stefan and want Stelena back.Damon and Elena wouldn’t never a happy ending.He is just shameless going after his brother’s girlfriend after that Stefan has just save his life.

• Bill says:

I totally agree with you. If Stefan had just let his brother die, he and Elena would still be together. But he’s Stefan and he chose to sacrifice everything to keep Damon alive. And for making the supreme sacrifice, he should have to endure the agony of seeing his brother end up with the woman he loves? That’s really sick. Beside Ian gets all the Nina loving he wants off screen. Hey, maybe Damon could get with Katherine. Then in a way, all shippers would would get what they want.

• Taylor says:

I think that if Stefan had just let his brother die, than he wouldn’t the kind of person Elena would ever be with…
            And personnaly, though yes, Stefan sacrificed everything for Damon, he also had multiple chances to get back what he had lost. I think that up until 3×09, Elena would have welcomed him back with open arms and Damon would have stepped aside. And this is coming from someone who, up untill this season, loved Stefan and Elena. I’m annoyed at Stefan right now, more than anything else. He keeps telling Damon that he doesn’t deserve Elena, however at this point that would be like if Damon had told Stefan he didn’t deserve elena early in season 2 (when in fact he said the opposite). None the less, Stefan and Elena probably will get back together at the end of the season, but it will be because Stefan redeemed himself, and because Damon is already taking a step back, not becuase theres anything “shameless” about Damon and Elena at this point.

• TJ says:

Totally agree with yah! Gosh, if I wanted to too see petty teenage infatuation I’d watch twilight…

• Smiles says:

Oh my god I know right. Elena and damon totally need to end up together. As for stephan…well I don’t really care he can go off where ever.

7. s says:

Ugh, Just put Stelena back together already so tired of this crap they’re so boring.. And if they’re going to kill Klaus off why give us Caroline/Klaus scenes? Those two have tons of chemistry together. :(

8. I says:

I love Damon by I don’t like him w Elena she’s dull bring katherine back

9. Suz says:

I MISS JEREMY!!

10. Ari says:

Jeremy? Where for art thou Jeremy? I miss the younger Gilbert, the better Gilbert. Of all the Originals, Finn is the one I am least interested in. He seemed like a momma’s boy and was so whipped it was gross. Why couldn’t Kol stick around?!?!?! I’m so over the whole Elena/Stefan/Damon triangle. It has gotten so repetitive. I wish shows would pick their pony and stick with it. The back and forth thing has been done to death on every show. It’s just annoying.

11. Danielle H says:

I’m not seeing all there is to look forward to? I hope the next couple episodes pick up some, because aside from the ball and mama witch my favorite show is feeling a tiny bit stagnant. SRSLY looking forward to the flashback eppy though, which airs next week I believe. Those are always epic.

12. Captain says:

Can we reformat this into the Rebekah show because she’s seriously the best thing about the Vampire Dairies. LOVE HER!

13. Luna Maya says:

I read from other spoilers that Bonnie helps Klaus working on some spells so perhaps that’s why she’s not involveld in the plan destroying Klaus (Klaus apparently threathening her/Abby)

Well the most important thing of all is : Elijah… come back to us :(

• Manie says:

At this point, anything that gives Kat G more screentime will make me happy. They have seriously been neglecting her and Bonnie is such an important character in TVD. It’s frustrating to see other useless character having more screen time than her.

I’d love for Klaus to be away for a few episode and have Finn, Elijah and Kol(got to love that man) back and bringing havoc! :D

14. Aries says:

Bonnie needs more air time. And the writers need to show her other sides not just the witch side. Also she needs to have fun because i miss fun bonnie

• Manie says:

LoL I miss “hot back” Bonnie! At least if she had good plotline I wouldn’t complain, but really. They are probably giving everything to Caroline (and in my opinion as much as I love Candice, Bonnie is way more important than Caroline in the books and the TV Show needs to show some respect to her character)

• Aura Lee says:

I don’t ever find myself missing Bonnie. Whenever she is around she seems to be complaining about how much she hates vampires and blah blah blah. She needs to get on board or go away.

• Manie says:

LoL Elena always complain about Stefan/Damon and Caroline about boys… So personally they are just all complaining about something. Even the guys!

• Ian says:

LOL. Can’t really blame the girl for hating and complaining about vamps though. She’s mourning about 3 or 4 people that’s died due to vampire matters, and most of those were family.

• Anonymous says:

Well, replace Bonnie for Tyler and Jeremy and you got my reason for NOT watching TVD anymore: the supernatural teens, literally, don’t have any airtime. Also, forcing Caroline with Klaus is not helping things any.

15. Lorena says:

That B-TCH better be stay away from mi man!

16. Btru says:

Can’t wait for all things Stelena.

17. Koolcharm says:

Why don’t they give a Damon a permanent F@$%? This dirty old thingy want to share every girl/vam with his litter bro, it’s just sick!

18. Shelly says:

Had a “Buffy” moment there when I saw the pic of Rebekah holding the knife on a chained up and semi-shirtless Damon. Sure hope that was an intentional nod and I’m not just old and have too good of a memory for the fallen shows of yester-year.

19. bajwa says:

this is great show but i dont know why they stop in the middlle after showing two or three epi . This is not fair

20. TJ says:

Ughhhh, great more cheeSE…Honestly if there gonna put them back together, can they just do it already. This whole “I don’t feeeeeeeeeeeeel, It’s to painful to feeeeeeeeeel, I can’t be with you cause I can’t feeeeeeeeeeeel” is no F*cking annoying, it’s seriously reuning what would otherwise be such an amazing season…

21. camille says:

bonnie is an important person in the series and deserves some face time,how will someone want elena with damon when he sleeps around or does something crazy anything she says something to annoy him it just doesnt make sense,all stephan has ever done was for her own benefit and i think he desevres someone better even thou i would really love to see him with elena but kathrine should come back,she is more badass than elena and caroline and klaus should hook up

22. Kevin says:

The picture of Rebekah/Damon reminds me of Spike/Glory in that episode of Buffy where Spike is being tortured for clues on the “Key.” I hope Sage is a character that sticks around — Cassidy Freeman is amazing!

23. Sam says:

Stelena is a sinking ship that’s bringing the whole show down, when will the writers get rid of that awful twilight-ish couple?Are they waiting to lose the Delenas and non shippers fan base?
    Can’t wait for Sage though hope she’ll be awesome.

24. I Love DE says:

First off if Stefan didnt make his brother turn into a vampire then none off this wouldve happen 2. Yeah Stefan sacrificed alot but soo did Damon 3. Damon truly loves Elena, i mean stefan loves her but not as much as Damon loves Elena. From my point of view starting way back with Katherine Stefan didn’t really love katherine she forced him to,But Damon he loved Katherine with all his heart. It was a complete coincidence that Stefan found Elena. He was just curious about her being that she looked completely like Katherine. Now you have to look at Damon point of view who truly loved Katherine and even after her soo called death he was looking for her. He was looking for Katherine for over100 years. So you could just imagine what he felt when he saw Elena. Who completely changed him. Damon is deeper than anyone knows so i think we have alot more too see from him.. GO TEAM DE

25. Cheyenne says:

I can’t wait for some Delena!!!! Come on they belong together.