Pilot Scoop: Susan Lucci Lands Co-Starring Role in New Marc Cherry Soap Devious Maids

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Daytime legend Susan Lucci is sticking to her sudsy roots with a role in Devious Maids, Marc Cherry’s new soap pilot for ABC.

Based loosely on the Mexican telenovela The Disorderly Maids Of The Neighborhood, the project follows four ambitious housekeepers (played by Ana Ortiz, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez and Roselyn Sanchez) who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.

Lucci will portray one of the maids’ employers, Genevieve Delacourt, a wealthy woman who is described as “gently crazy.” Not unlike the actress’ longtime alter-ego Erica Kane, Genevieve has spent her adult life attracting one powerful man after another — only these days she’s washed up and finds herself reduced to seducing the pool boy and feeling suicidal.

Our sister site Deadline first reported the news.

Since wrapping All My Children last September, Lucci made an encore appearance on Hot in Cleveland and — as TVLine first reported — will guest-star in the upcoming sixth season of Army Wives.

Comments (14)

• I hope this pilot gets picked up. I’m looking forward to seeing Susan Lucci in primetime.

Comment by Karen – March 9, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Genevieve Delacourt, really? Glad a show like this is SUPPOSED to be over the top, otherwise that would be a bit much.

Comment by Carmichael – March 9, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool, Susan Lucci is missed on tv! Why not just let her be erica kane and skip this silly name!

Comment by David – March 9, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember aaaaaall those years ago when Lucci hosted SNL and did a great job of poking fun at herself (“Emmy fight” … years before she finally won, and All My Luggage). Wish she could find a smart comedy, something a long the lines of a TV version of Soapdish or a 30 Rock or Up All Night about the machinations of a night time show like Revenge.

Comment by topsyturvy – March 9, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Susan is great at comedy. I’d love to see her in a comedy series.

Comment by Mindy – March 9, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her work on Hot In Cleveland has been really funny, theres that… Im sure the door there is wide open for her to return for appearances.

Comment by Chris Primosch – May 23, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This and 666 will for sure make series.

Comment by Danielle H – March 9, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her. I am glad she is continuing to find work. I think she is a better actress than a lot of people give her credit for.

Comment by Sam – March 9, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this should be interesting! I hope it gets picked up! Will love to see Ana, Dania, Judy and Roslyn together!

Comment by shuayb – March 9, 2012 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a really great cast.

Comment by Matt – March 10, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s hoping Lucci can recreate some magic with Genevieve. I was still hoping for a comedy though for her; but it will be great to see her back on tv. She’s been gone to long. Hope she can still host the other series too.

Comment by Skater Boy – March 10, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, well, well. Looks like the people ‘boycotting’ ABC for cancelling her soap won’t be boycotting any longer huh?

Comment by Anna – March 10, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really disappointed in the intelligence of some of the public. I understand the displeasure, disappointment, anger, frustration etc etc with ABC and especially Brian Frons. In spite what appears to be a declining interest in soap operas in general and huge decreases in ratings for tv and I think most who know would agree Frons/the writers on All My Children in particular but even OLTL make bad or poor storyline choices as well as treating the entire cast and crew from these two iconic shows very poorly that life has to go on and that boycotting ABC ironically may do what happened to OLTL and AMC – cost other people their shows and jobs. Whether it be Frons or the powers that be they allowed the soaps to be poorly written. AMC lost its roots and poorly utilized its big stars. Susan Lucci has been under utilized over the last few years and she is quite a capable acterss given some decent material or challenges. However, they (the writers/directors) seemed to rely on Lucci as an actress and icon to to carry the show rather than give what carries a show for real – good storylines. The other thing I am sick and tire dof hearing is that Susan Lucci can’t act, is a witch with a capital B, has had too much plastic surgery and the list goes on. The woman has been in one iconic role for over 40 years, she has an Emmy and many nominations, the character Erica Kane is larger than life yes, and Lucci has become synomanous with the character. Sadly people think she is Erica but those who know her – read from co stars and camera people – she is rather boring – tied down to her family and husband of over 40 years and actually a bit shy. She has done many roles but people hire her to be Erica Kane who is so ICONIC. Her shows have generally done very well – her movies were usually always top ten and at worst top twenty – no bad for a daytime star. As for plastic surgery – if she has had any it done very well unlike those actresses and actors who you can barely recognize. The show sounds like a great concept and hopefully Lucci can add her Erica Kane magic with a twist. She may not be the star but I hope she will add to the suppporting cast.

Comment by Skater Boy – March 12, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so watching this show…I miss la lucci so much…I too boycotted ABC for cancelling all my children..I watched soapnet to watch the reruns of all my children because I miss Susan lucci and the cast of all my children.

Comment by debbie – March 18, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post