Exclusive: American Horror Story Wants 'Angelina Jolie' For Pivotal Season 2 Role

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

American Horror Story Angelina JolieAmerican Horror Story is going after Angelina Jolie… sort of.

Ryan Murphy & Co. have quietly begun casting a major new Season 2 arch nemesis for Jessica Lange — and they’re using one of Jolie’s most famous movie roles as their template, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Major American Horror Story Spoiler Alert: Find Out Who’ll Be Back For Season 2 — and Who Won’t

The series regular character, Gia, is described as a fierce, ferocious, extremely sexual and dangerous wild-child sexpot who harbors a secret — “think Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted,” reads the casting notice. As such, interested actresses should be in their mid-20s and Caucasian.

Production on Horror Story‘s second season doesn’t get underway in mid-July, so producers are giving themselves ample time to find the right performer for the plum part. Feel free to offer up a suggestion or two in the comments. I’ll get you started: Adrianne Palicki!

Comments (82)

• Please tell me you’re stoned right now. She totally sucks. She would ruin the show!

Comment by katherine – March 15, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also would like to see AHS get a little more diverse. That being said, Danielle Panabaker
    could be a good Gia

Comment by Suzanne Clerkin – March 21, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the girl who plays Jessica from True Blood? Dakota Fanning maybe? She’s 18 but blondes can always work an older role. Or Emily Browning perhaps? I loved her in Sucker Punch and quite a few other movies.

Comment by Kelly Schmidtberg – March 25, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me. I’m 24….Caucasian. Looking for a dark role like this. Get me a script I’ll audition and if I’m not good then the worst you could say is no and I’ll get over it, simple as that.

Comment by Ashley Boxx – April 2, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Claire Holt from “Vampire Diaries” would make a good villain.

Comment by Denise – April 3, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And can unknown actresses be casted? where can I send my pictures and resume do you know?

Comment by Rakm – May 20, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post