The Voice Exclusive Clip: Kim Yarbrough Vs. Whitney Myer Promises to Be Epic 'Battle Round'

For once in his life, it’s going to suck to be Adam Levine. In this exclusive clip from Monday’s episode of The Voice (8/7c, NBC), the Maroon 5 frontman bears witness to a powerful/brutal Battle Rounds matchup between his promising team members Kim Yarbrough (wearing the black muumuu) and Whitney Myer (in a metallic minidress).

Only one diva can survive to the live voting rounds, and it’s Levine’s job to make that determination. Watch the ladies tear the lid off Mary J. Blige’s “No More Drama,” then hit the comments and tell us who should be declared the winner. Based on this clip, I’d give the edge to Kim, but then I’d promptly hate myself for cutting the woman who so memorably put a reggae twist on Alicia Keys’ “No One” in her audition. You?

1. Belinda Flinderson says:

The level of talent on this show simply blows all the other singing competitions out of the water. And this is coming from someone who watched “Idol” for 10 seasons.

2. Titina says:

OMG! That was so amazing.
    I like Whitney but I have to say Kim just blew her out of the water with that performance.

Poor Adam having to choose between those two. I think I will go with Kim but geez it´s a shame to eliminate Whitney so early. Tough decision once again!

3. Creighton says:

My guess is that Adam set up this battle with the intent to keep Whitney, and I think (and hope) he follows through and does that, because she’s awesome. Kim is also great, but because she’s older, she might be perceived as a less probable winner.

• rachelleet says:

I actually thought the exact opposite! I thought he set this up so Kim would be the easy victor. But they sound amazing together…maybe he should just keep them both haha

• Creighton says:

Haha, if only! I would have kept both Chris Cauley and Tony Lucca if that was possible!
        The reason I think that he went in thinking he’d keep Whitney is because Whitney got everyone to turn around in the blind auditions (vs. Kim only getting Xtina and Adam to turn), and those people always seem to be the “chosen” ones in their respective battles. I think Whitney has much more pop potential even though both have incredible voices. Idol<<<Voice in every way this year; seriously, most of this year's Voice contenders could since circles around any of the Idol contestants.

4. Trish says:

Any chance you have a link that can be watched in Canada? pretty please.

5. Danielle says:

LOVE the Voice and how they aren’t playing it safe and are making these battle rounds a tough choice every time. I feel like Kim should make it through, but I’m nervous because in the promos, it looks like there is a shot of Adam hugging Kim and they don’t hug the winners… just the ones that they are saying good-bye to. I sure hope I’m wrong.

6. dan says:

Danielle: I noticed the shot of Adam hugging Kim in the promo as well. I immediately thought that Kim loses and Adam is hugging her goodbye. Hope I’m wrong, but that’s my guess.

7. Justin says:

8. Juan says:

I wasn’t too impressed by Kim’s audition and saw her of more as an imitator, clearly I was wrong and she has pipes to knock people out with.

Whitney is alright I guess.
    I think this is a case of being Beverly’d.

Last season, Christina pit Beverly (a shoe-in) against someone perceived as weaker. He, however, more than held his own and was surprisingly great.
    Sadly, he could not change the fact that he was singing against a clear, competitive front-runner.

9. Jusa says:

The judges are generally going to know who they will send home before the battle ever happens. Sometimes the judges turn their chairs around and just aren’t quite satisfied with what they have. These people become cannon fodder. One example: Blake’s “battle” last year between Patrick Thomas and Tyler Robinson. Everyone knew before anything was even sung that Patrick would win, not because he was a better singer than Tyler, but because he had the whole country and cute thing going. After the singing was done, both Cee Lo and Adam agreed that Tyler had outsung Patrick, and that they would choose Tyler. Blake chose to keep Patrick, to the surprise of no one. That being said, the judge makes up his/her team. In the end, the judge has to accept the consequences of dodgy decisions made.

10. Suzanne says:

I vote for Whitney. She is a powerhouse as well, but with a much less predictable style and sound. I’m sorry, but I have heard many singers that sound like Kim. She, in my opinion, is nothing special. Whitney, on the other hand is different and more interesting to my ears.

11. Eileen says:

I agree with the “please include our countries” as in I would love to watch from way down south of da globe here in good old South Africa.
    I am addicted to The Voice and I would love keeping up with the latest. Come on NBC!

12. patricia says:

i love kim and whitney both but i just watched whitney’s blind audition and i will feel really bad for her if adam doesn’t pick her(which he probably won’t because kim is just so powerful)because in her BA he promised to do everything in his power to go all the way to the finals and i think that’s why she picked him as a coach..she should’ve been with team Xtina in my opinion.

13. JazzeD says:

Once again kim was the best, she might be old school but shes good, and shes expirenc

14. Jazzedee says:

Jamar has pain and it comes out in his proformace he might win this thing go team Celo

15. Jazzedee says:

He still migjt help her. A couple of last years singers got deals

16. darcy's evil twin says:

Finally watched my DVR of “The Voice”. Is it just me or was that performance awful? Wow. did anyone else think it was awful or am I totally off base here?
    And who would have anyone sing Nirvana’s “Heart Shaped Box”? Ick. I agreed with Blake – it was scary.

17. Clarissa says:

I think that paring two very strong singers is strategical lunacy. Both Whitney and Kim deserved to move on a lot more than a couple of other singers who made the cut last week! This happened last week with Jesse and Anthony. BOTH of them would have made better contenders in the final rounds than half the other singers picked. It’s gonna be dismal watching RaeLyn and Cheesa perform knowing we could have been listening to Anthony or Whitney.

18. Silly Vanilli says:

Adam completely lost me by throwing Whitney under the bus. She should have chosen someone else when all four turned around for her. The song choice was such an advantage for boring Chaka Wanna-be. Hoping Whitney comes away from this stronger and has a great career in music.