Also among the latest pilot castings: A Party Down-er finds a new gig, a former Prime Suspect joins Sherlock Holmes series and more.
MacLachlan joins Baby Big Shot — a legal drama centering on a working-class woman (played by Janet Montgomery) who uses her street smarts to compete with her colleagues — as the head of a top New York law firm. Franklin & Bash‘s Kevin Falls will executive-produce the project.
In other pilot casting news from our sister site Deadline:
• Party Down/Veronica Mars funnyman Ken Marino has nabbed the male lead in ABC’s American Judy, a comedy starring Judy Greer as a big city gal who marries into a life in the ‘burbs. Marino joins as the leading lady’s husband, whose ex-wife is the town sheriff.
• Aidan Quinn (Prime Suspect) has been cast opposite Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu in CBS’ Sherlock Holmes-centered drama Elementary, playing an NYPD captain who worked closely with Sherlock after 9/11.
• Allison Miller is rebounding from Terra Nova‘s cancellation with a guest-starring role in the NBC comedy Go On. From Friends‘ Scott Silveri, the project revolves around a sportscaster (Matthew Perry) who, after suffering a loss, finds solace in a mandatory support group. Miller will play his quirky assistant.
• Lauren German (Hawaii Five-0) has been cast opposite Jesse Spencer in NBC’s Chicago Fire, an action-drama centering on the heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department. She’ll play a fearless EMT who is “just one of the guys.”
• Steven Bauer (Breaking Bad) has joined Showtime’s Ray Donovan — a drama about a professional fixer (Liev Shreiber) for Los Angeles’ rich and famous — as the titular character’s top detective.
• The CW’s Hunger Games-esque drama The Selection has found its king and queen in Martin Donovan (Boss) and Leonor Varela (Blade II).
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?