Neal McDonough to Star in TNT's Frank Darabont Drama L.A. Noir

Neal McDonough is veering away from his recent run of TV baddies with a starring role — as a cop — in Frank Darabont’s new TNT drama pilot L.A. Noir.

Described as a fast-paced period thriller (based on the acclaimed novel by the same name), the project centers on the 1940s/50s-era epic battle between determined Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker (played by McDonough) and yet-to-be-cast boxer-turned-mobster Mickey Cohen.

Heroes grad Milo Ventimiglia was previously cast in the project.

Darabont is an executive producer on L.A. Noir and will write and direct the pilot.

McDonough is currently recurring on FX’s Justified as creepy Detroit gangster Robert Quarles. His previous TV gigs include Terriers, Desperate Housewives and Boomtown (where he played an ADA).

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. TheBeach says:

Wow, now this sounds like a pilot I could really get excited about getting picked up, hopefully by one of the major cable stations as they could have more grit and leeway there. I love that 40s/50s era “noir” genre and I love Frank Darabont.

2. Rose says:

My brother has the ps3 game for this.

• Brian says:

Actually, there is no relation between the game, L.A. Noire (yes, the game has an ‘e’ in the title), and the t.v. show aside from the same name.

I’m curious if Jon Bernthal is still supposed to be in this or if he was just up for a part some months back.

3. Judy says:

I am glad Neal McDonough is cast in this show…it sounds good…he is a good actor and I look forward to this new TNT show. With him in the leading role…it’s got to be good.

4. EveatEden says:

Which LA Noir book is it based upon? There are a few out there.

5. DTJAL says:

McDonough is doing a great job on “Justified” as noted. I look fwd to watching him in other work that he does.

6. Abby says:

When is this show suppose to air on tv because I really want to see this

7. Autumn Craft says:

I would really like to know when this show is airing. I”m really looking forward to seeing Jon Bernthal since his departure from The Walking Dead.

8. annie ianko says:

Bernthal has confirmed he will be doing this, so it is kind of official.