Neal McDonough to Star in TNT's Frank Darabont Drama L.A. Noir

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Neal McDonough is veering away from his recent run of TV baddies with a starring role — as a cop — in Frank Darabont’s new TNT drama pilot L.A. Noir.

Described as a fast-paced period thriller (based on the acclaimed novel by the same name), the project centers on the 1940s/50s-era epic battle between determined Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker (played by McDonough) and yet-to-be-cast boxer-turned-mobster Mickey Cohen.

Heroes grad Milo Ventimiglia was previously cast in the project.

Darabont is an executive producer on L.A. Noir and will write and direct the pilot.

McDonough is currently recurring on FX’s Justified as creepy Detroit gangster Robert Quarles. His previous TV gigs include Terriers, Desperate Housewives and Boomtown (where he played an ADA).

Comments (9)

• Wow, now this sounds like a pilot I could really get excited about getting picked up, hopefully by one of the major cable stations as they could have more grit and leeway there. I love that 40s/50s era “noir” genre and I love Frank Darabont.

Comment by TheBeach – March 8, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My brother has the ps3 game for this.

Comment by Rose – March 8, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, there is no relation between the game, L.A. Noire (yes, the game has an ‘e’ in the title), and the t.v. show aside from the same name.

I’m curious if Jon Bernthal is still supposed to be in this or if he was just up for a part some months back.

Comment by Brian – March 8, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad Neal McDonough is cast in this show…it sounds good…he is a good actor and I look forward to this new TNT show. With him in the leading role…it’s got to be good.

Comment by Judy – March 9, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Which LA Noir book is it based upon? There are a few out there.

Comment by EveatEden – March 9, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McDonough is doing a great job on “Justified” as noted. I look fwd to watching him in other work that he does.

Comment by DTJAL – March 11, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is this show suppose to air on tv because I really want to see this

Comment by Abby – March 25, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really like to know when this show is airing. I”m really looking forward to seeing Jon Bernthal since his departure from The Walking Dead.

Comment by Autumn Craft – September 10, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bernthal has confirmed he will be doing this, so it is kind of official.

Comment by annie ianko – March 19, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post