Pretty Little Liars Preview: Alison Is Back — But There's a Twist!

Get More: First Look, Video

Pretty Little Liars‘ dearly departed Alison returns to Rosewood in this Monday’s episode (8/7c, ABC Family), but it’s not via the show’s signature flashbacks. This time, the murdered teen comes to Spencer in an eerily lifelike dream, and warns her former friend that the “A” stuff the Liars are digging into is not a game.

“This isn’t Yahtzee, sweetie,” the still-bitchy Ali cracks from beyond the grave. “This is some seriously messed up stuff.”

Press PLAY below to watch the interaction, and then hit the comments with your guesses regarding what secrets could possibly lie in that darn duffel bag.

Loading video...

Comments (28)

• What if this was not a dream, but reality? :P

Comment by Diego – March 7, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that too when Hanna was in the hospital.

Comment by Esaul – March 7, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve thought she was alive since the hospital Hannah scene too…this just made me think so more!

Comment by Jen – March 12, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DREAM!!! She’s so having a DREAM!!

Comment by jess – March 7, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she’s alive I mean come on Hanna in the hospital, Emily in the shed n now Spencer, she’s alive n I think we will see her n find out she’s alive in the season finale, the body they found bury must be her twin sister.

Comment by Fernando – March 7, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!!! That’s exactly what I’m thinking. Well, I actually have two theories, and they are more either/or.

1. The body they found wasn’t actually Alison, but her twin sister Courtney. Alison is still alive, but she isn’t ‘A’. She’s been in the hiding since her “disappearance.” As for who ‘A’ is in Theory #1, I don’t know.

2. Alison did in fact die and it was her body they found. As for who killed her, that would be her twin sister Courtney, who is also ‘A’. After the latest episode though, I’m beginning to think more and more that Courtney was or is alive.

Comment by Anon – March 7, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That scene sent chills down my spine I am so excited to finding the real killer of Allison I can’t wait for the finale.

Comment by adam – March 7, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s really alive. It was her twin that died!

Comment by Adam – March 7, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What we really want is Spoby spoilers! I really just want Wren to go away!

Comment by Liz – March 7, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh I can’t stand her. In fact, the only thing that damages my love of PLL is that I don’t care Ali’s dead and don’t understand why the girls would have been friends with her. Her being alive would be a great twist but ultimately so annoying.

Comment by Kate – March 7, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am just happy that in less than 2 weeks, we will finally know who A is

Comment by tvaddict – March 7, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hanna was in the hospital so the dream/hallucination can be explained. But if Spencer is not dreaming, you would think she wouldn’t be having a rational conversation with a dead girl would she be? I’d be screaming & running while calling Aria at the same time!

Comment by Deena – March 7, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also does anybody remember the very first episode of pretty little liars when Spencer was looking out her window and she seen alison in the window next door or in the shed. That was kinda a hint too

Comment by buttercup – March 7, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is exactly what I was thinking too!

Comment by Sam – March 8, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Courtney DiLaurentis was the mentally unstable twin sister of Alison. She was in an institution for most of her life due to her attempt to murder her twin when they were very young. Courtney was extremely jealous of Alison’s perfect life, and one day, when she was home while being transferred to a new institution, she successfully duped her parents into thinking she was the real Alison. In order to protect her secret, Courtney dumped all of Alison’s friends and befriended the Liars, who believed her to be Alison. A year later, she was killed by Alison on the night of the sleepover as revenge for stealing her life.

The show writers have said they aren’t following the books.

I think Melissa killed Allison because she was having an affair with Melissa’s husband.

I think Courtney got out of the mental institution and is A.

Comment by elaine – March 8, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know they said they weren’t going by the books, but lately some things have been very similar. Mona getting texts from A. The halloween episode with the story of the two girls, one killing the other, then Ali having the same doll from the story. And now visions of a not-so-dead Ali. Things are lining up for them to go the twin route, I just hope not for all those that have read the books and know the story.

Comment by lauren – March 8, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is Ali never really existed?!?!?!

Comment by Chelsea – March 9, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When did we find out she had a twin?!

Comment by Sarah – March 10, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder this too for those that haven’t read the books!

Comment by Jen – March 12, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know who is a jenna because in season 1 i dont know if you guys remember wen spencer was running and she saw jenna sitting down and saying send text now but spencer didnt tell anyone about it and it seem like the persons who wrote the movie ignored that part cause maybe they taught it was too early to tell who was a but i remember that episode and scene and i always wonder how come they neva mention that scence again does anyone remember it please let me know what u think

Comment by Tanya – March 10, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah tanya i remember too, when jenna said something like ‘send text now’ i always wondered why that wasn’t picked up on too?! i don’t think it is jenna because it would be too obvious, but maybe they want us to think that and it really is her?! this is some messed up stuff like ALI said?!

19th March 8/7c!

Comment by Ellis – March 11, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that is hallucination just like that one the emily got when she was stuck in the barn (as far as i can remember) and the other one that hanna got in the hospital when her leg was broken

Comment by aya – March 12, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • guys, i think Jenna said ‘send text now’ because she is blind.. she probably has like one of those voice control things, do you really think the show would make it someone that obvious?
    A is going to shock everyone apparently, theres no way it’ll be jenna or garett, mona is also ruled out because she is A in the books, and the producers said they’re not going to have the same A!

Comment by chloe – March 12, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mona is not “A”. She got text messages from “A”. I think Melissa is “A”. I believe that Alison is still alive and her twin sister Courtney died. Rember Alison never told her friends about her secrets.

Comment by Cassie – March 13, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “A” isn’t Mona. They’ve stated from the beginning that there was more than one “A”. Although in the book Series Mona was one of the people pretending to be “A”, the actors stated that there was going to be a change up to make it different from the books. My guess is that it’s either Maya or Aria. Maya was the one who moved into Allison’s house after she died. And didn’t Maya also give them a similar looking bag with Allison’s things last season? If anything, my theory is that Maya was either working with Jason or *insert guy’s name who previously blackmailed Ezra/ Mona’s Ex boyfriend. The producers also mentioned that the bag was a very important clue.

Comment by Jeremy – March 19, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey guys I don’t have the DVD of pretty little liars so I watch it on foxtell once a week :(
    I’m only up to epoisde nine season two :( I havnb watched lately I just want to know main details of wha happens is ally alive or dead whose a? And who does?

Comment by Louise – June 6, 2012 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay,remember when one of the Pretty Little Liars said that Allison might have killed herself because of all the attention she liked.And I don’t get how Allison’s murder seems like some of it was planned put before she was murdered.And I know that clues are leading them to places and stuff but,some of it seems like Alli did it.So maybe Alli’s still alive because of the Pretty Little Liars saying they’ve seen her.Alli may just be hiding out somewhere to see if the girls will keep trying to find her.And in one episode when Spencer saw Alli in Alli’s bedroom.Or maybe Allison is hiding because she killed her twin Courtney?Just some of my predictions.

Comment by Caroline – July 24, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok has anyone else noticed the in the one ePisode the Halloween episode Hannah was babysitting and Ali was over and the story Ali told the kid?????

Comment by Allie – August 23, 2012 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post