The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

Get More: Lists, Previews, TVLine-Ups

On TV this Wednesday: Survivor betrayal, Top Model creepiness, Happy Endings chicanery, Community scoop served with The Soup and more. We’ve singled out nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Survivor: One World (CBS) | An unforgivable betrayal forces one tribe to make “a drastic move that has never been done before in Survivor history” — which must be true or otherwise they wouldn’t say it, right?

8 pm One Tree Hill (The CW) | Brooke and Julian take new measures to protect their family; Chase faces consequences for defending Chuck; Clay reaches a new understanding with Logan.

8 pm Whitney (NBC) | Whitney confronts Alex after finding a box of stuff from his old girlfriend in the basement. Oh shoot, are we not supposed to hold onto such things? Because there’s that one letter I still have from [spoiler], spritzed with her oh-so-memorable perfume….

American Idol Exclusive: Check Out Video of the Official Season 11 Top 13 Photo Shoot!

9 pm America’s Next Top Model: British Invasion (The CW) | The women must model as toddlers while posing with Kris Jenner and her daughters Kendall and Kylie. Yeah… that’s not too creepy. It’s like they’re taking Toddlers & Tiaras and cutting out the middleman.

9:30 pm Happy Endings (ABC) | A panicked Alex enlists Jane’s help in convincing Dave that something he’s certain happened never did. (Psst, I think they’re talking about the S-E-X.)

10 pm Face Off (Syfy) | Contestants must create a human-dinosaur hybrid. Hmm, sounds like they’re so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should.

10 pm Psych (USA Network) | When strange, paranormal-y things start happening to Lassiter at his new condo development, who’s he gonna call? Ghostbusters! Gus and Shawn!

10 pm Hot in Cleveland (TV Land) | Melanie finds out her new love interest is actually Joy’s former fiancé (guest star Steven Weber); the ladies meet a missionary worker (Covert Affairs‘ Christopher Gorham) who has a crush on Victoria.

10 pm The Soup (E!) | Tune in and not only will you get an exclusive two-and-a-half minute look at the rest of Community‘s third season (Joel McHale must know someone), but my Gillian Jacobs will also put in an appearance.

Comments (30)

• Looking forward to watching Whitney tonight. Getting my friends together to play games and see what’s up next in the world of Whitney. The ex box sounds funny and we all have one of those dangerous boxes in our house somewhere.

Comment by missyDD – March 7, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you are the mysterious sole viewer of this show…

Comment by greg – March 7, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And me, I think the show has gotten funnier and is finding its ways. Hope it comes back next year!

Comment by sarah – March 7, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree that Whitney has gotten consistently funnier. I too at first thought wtf is this..But after people kept telling me it had gotten better.. I gave it another chance and glad I did.

Comment by Jessica – March 7, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Add me to the count, I think it’s a funny show.

Comment by Nadine – March 7, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. There are, in fact, 3 different things I like in that timeslot. I bet a lot of people who get off on trashing Whitney would like it if they gave it a try. The first couple of episodes were pretty weak, but that’s true of lots of shows, including many that the same people like.

Comment by CJ – March 7, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just watched Whitney on my DVR. I think it’s the best show of the season. Foxy Roxy rocks it. Mark was so so weird as usual. Whitney can land a punch and also take one for the team. Lilly was high and breaking things. Alex was in deep dudu and he knew knew it.
      Oh ya…Neal….was soooo relieved to not be getting married. Pressure off, lotion on.

Comment by pennylane – March 7, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idol and Psych. Happy Wednesday!

Comment by Templar – March 7, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad no Revenge til Apirl.

One Tree Hill, Modren Family, Happy Endings, and Hot in Cleveland for me.

Comment by fernando – March 7, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you there, Chelsea? + Happy Endings + Hot in Cleveland :P

Comment by Raykov – March 7, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Soup! yay and Gillian will appear? I’m in (:

Comment by florence – March 7, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season premiere of “Happily Divorced” on TV Land at 10:30 p.m. right after “Hot in Cleveland”.

Comment by Richard – March 7, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am starting to really, really like Whitney. It is not the best show in the history of the world, or even award-winning material, but it is definitely a show that makes me laugh and I’m starting to look forward to it more and more each week.

Comment by CJ – March 7, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • slow Wednesday night for me: only Happy Endings & The Soup

Comment by tvaddict – March 7, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m prob the only one to say this but I watch Whitney and Chelsea on wed and like Chelsea better then Whitney. I laugh more w Chelsea then I do w Whitney lol.

Comment by l – March 7, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Netflix tells me I have a DVD arriving today, so . . . .

Comment by dee – March 7, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What is the DVD? No way a DVD from netflix can beat one of the slowest nights of the week for TV. Plus, why wouldn’t you mention the title in the first place?

Comment by EFG – March 7, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sick of Revenge’s erratic scheduling. Is Abc trying to kill the show?

Comment by Jen – March 7, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney & Chelsea continues to make NBC look boring on a Wednesday night. Don’t know how many episodes Happy Endings has left this season once Apt. 23 takes over on April 11th.

Comment by kevin – March 7, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I skipped all of last night’s new shows to watch my Game of Thrones blu-ray (the extras are A-mahzing!), but I might take a break tonight and catch the new Happy Endings.

Comment by Jess – March 7, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ghost Hunters International
    Psych

Comment by Velvet – March 7, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping I was not the only one who liked Whitney. I have heard a lot of people do not like it, but it makes me laugh a lot and I love it.!!

Comment by Sherknd – March 7, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slow Wednesday for me. Just Psych and Happy Endings are on my list tonight.

Comment by Justin – March 7, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney is super funny, and it keeps getting better. All the haters can go somewhere else. :)

Comment by yvette – March 7, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings and Psych!

Comment by matthew – March 7, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych and BBC America for me.

Comment by suzi – March 7, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh, preview of the next half of the “Community” season?

I watch “The Soup” every week as it is-this promo bit is going to be a very nice bonus. Can’t wait! Will be neat to see Gillian as well.

Comment by Angela – March 7, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych!!!! yay!!! love it.

Community is awesome, I’ve been waiting for it’s return. waiting and waiting…..

Whitney’s good, but I wish they’d get rid of that annoying laugh track.

Comment by barbara – March 7, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only One Tree Hill for me tonight!

Comment by Olivia – March 7, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just caught Whitney on my DVR. Best show of the season. I want to know what happens to Neal and Lilly. Glad they broke up so now things can get way interesting. Love seeing ROxanne and Lilly living together. Classic story was done really well keeping it tense but still funny. mark the cop…super weird with the lotion bottle but it made me laugh.

Comment by pennylane – March 7, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post