American Idol Exclusive: Check Out Video of the Official Season 11 Top 13 Photo Shoot!

heejun han idolThe pressure is officially on for American Idol‘s Season 11 Top 13: When the show airs its 400th episode (!) tonight, the evenly matched baker’s dozen will rise or fall based on their covers of hits by Stevie Wonder (the guys) or Whitney Houston (the ladies).

But it’s not all grueling rehearsals and intense performances for the current crop of finalists. They’ve got photo shoots on their calendars, too, and TVLine just so happens to have exclusive footage of their latest.

A few observations:

* Heejun’s pink-checked shirt, pocket square, and jaunty fedora represent a serious fashion upgrade!
* Colton may or may not have spent hours in the mirror perfecting the art of the alt-rocker wail-face.
* Hollie Cavanagh is all kinds of adorable.
* Erika Van Pelt posing with a guitar? Let us hope it’s more than a photo-shoot prop!
* This just in: The three finalists for Season 11 heartthrob are Phillip Phillips, Colton Dixon, and Deandre Brackensick’s hair.

Anything else noteworthy from the Top 13 photocast? Hit the comments and share your thoughts!

American Idol Top 13 Photocast from FOXFlash on Vimeo.

1. Ana says:

Love Hollie!!

2. blingedup.susan says:

Says the video is having trouble. I’ll check back later.

Sure wish the boys were singing Houston and the girls were singing Stevie Wonder….would make things much more interesting.

3. Ryan says:

E-RI-KA! E-RI-KA!

4. blingedup.susan says:

Video problem was already fixed by the time I hit submit on my post.

As I watch watching the video, it occured to me that I have probably never liked all of the Top 13 this much. I think it’s going to be a fun season!

5. Loni says:

This is a great top 13! Lots of fun, charismatic, talented people!

6. J. May says:

Elise Testone is pushing all the right buttons for me! Sorry for the TMI, lol

7. Heaven says:

Phillip Phillips YES
    Colton… gag. his hair looks like a roadkill skunk rotting in the sun.

8. Templar says:

Can’t wait for tonight. I’m so hoping that Joshua shoots for a Sam Cooke meets Johnny Mathis vibe. I think that would serve him very well. Heejun, to me, seems like more of an on-air personality than a singer. I guess, I still don’t get the Phil thing.

9. bjp says:

hey slezak, i’m pretty sure that was elise testone with the guitar, not erika van pelt. excited for some guitar regardless which one it is!

10. suziq says:

I am so excited for Idol this year!!!

11. skyfiremage says:

I credit this to two things – no Simon and Jennifer Lopez.

Simon was always trying to follow the crowd – when Taylor Swift was big, he wanted to find the next Taylor Swift and filled idol with singer-songwriters. Now he wants to find the next Gaga/Katy.

Without Simon, Randy was freed up to pick talent regardless of what is currently hot.

And Simon was also overly critical – it affects the mood – now the contestants seem much happier than the Simon era and it really shows.

JLo I observe is supremely dedicated and takes the job seriously and has an eye for star power – hence such an attractive yet talented top 13.

12. w says:

Yikes – they styled Erika so old with that silver jacket – Looks like mother of the bride. She already has an older look (and sound)so this is not going to help get younger voters to relate. I bet she and Jermaine are the first to go – unless they really shine in performance.

13. TheBeach says:

Ok,Deandre, we get it. You LOVE your hair but it’s getting really distracting when you throw it around all the time. You’ve got a beautiful face…tie your hair back and show it off.

14. Jess says:

haven’t been watching idol this year, but I really liked Hollie and Colton from last year, so I’ll tune in. Hope they do well!

15. Gary V says:

I really like Colton. He reminds me of David Cook. It would be funny if, like David, we had another AI winner who hadn’t even planned on auditioning :)

I’m writing this after tonight’s show, and while I think Jessica Sanchez was best tonight, I think Colton Dixon was second best :)