Breaking: FX Renews Justified For Fourth Season

Get More: News, Renewals

Bad news for Harlan County’s sharks and scoundrels: FX has renewed Justified for a 13-episode fourth season.

Justified‘s current third season is averaging 4.3 million viewers (up 8 percent over Season 2) and 2.1 million among Adults 18-49 (also up 8 percent).

Justified is one of television’s best series and this season has reinforced that excellence,” said Nick Grad, FX’s VP of Original Programing. “Graham Yost and his writing team continue to deliver compelling material and richly drawn characters brought to life by the brilliance of Timothy Olyphant and our terrific ensemble cast. Their work is validated by universal acclaim, awards, and ratings that have grown every year. We look forward to many more seasons to come.”

Justified‘s Season 3 finale airs April 10.

In honor of the show’s early pickup, scroll down for the exclusive full-length version of last week’s “Spoiler Alert Theater,” featuring Dexter‘s Josh Cooke and 30 Rock‘s Keith Powell putting their own special spin on a scene from tonight’s unbelievably awesome episode.

Tags: ,

Comments (31)

• Dear Graham Yost: Time to bring Carla Gugino’s not-Karen-Sisco-wink-wink character back for an extended guest appearance, no? :-)

Comment by MockingbirdGirl – March 6, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, I hope not. She was over-dressed and underwhelming and had absolutely no chemistry with Olyphant.

Comment by jbkr73 – March 6, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Speak for yourself alone, because you’re not right. She didn’t have a huge part but she’s always interesting.

Bring her back. She’s great. :)

Comment by kevin – March 6, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So right … it was such a random role and waste of time. Other than that … the show is perfect!

Comment by Mandy Hayes – March 23, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, that experiment failed.

Comment by Rosie – March 6, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoo hoo. Great show. Great news!

Comment by Jrs – March 6, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news!

Comment by Todd – March 6, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Awesome show!

Comment by Dsimmons – March 6, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best show on the air
    Finally noticed
    Gonna throw back some Bourbon as a toast

Comment by mr oshimaida – March 6, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Walter Goggins’ overlooked but much-deserved Emmy for Supporting Actor?

Comment by TheBeach – March 6, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GREAT news!! Such a great show!
    How about bringing RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. back as ‘JED’??
    He fit in so well and is such a great actor.

Comment by Nancy – March 6, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is fantastic news! Raylan is the man!!

Comment by jay – March 6, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Justified. Raylan and Boyd’s relationship is one of the best written/acted combos on TV today. Their love/hate/loath/protect relationship is kismet. Walter Coggins and Peter Dinklage will spend the next 10 Emmy Awards battling out who deserves the Best Supporting Actor Emmy.

Comment by KwikStudy – March 6, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Very happy to read this news

Comment by Eliza – March 6, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My day is now perfect. Love this show!

Comment by Kat – March 6, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just the best news. Made my day! Justified is my favorite show currently on television. Timothy Olyphant IS Raylan Givens, and Walton Goggins is one of the best actors on television today. Can’t wait for more shannigans from those knuckeheaded hillbillies of Harlan Country … and the law men who try and keep them from shooting each other and blowing stuff up!!!

Comment by Dolphin – March 6, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Season has been superb! Love everything about the show. This is definitely great news, can’t wait for tonights episode!

Comment by s. – March 6, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Justified is one of television’s best series and this season has reinforced that excellence”
    I can’t agree more.

Comment by Cody – March 7, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had just about given up on TV until I accidentally stumbled onto JUSTIFIED. If definitely is the “VERY BEST ” show going at this time. I can’t say enough about the talents of everyone involved in this show.I hope that they can keep the energy and creativity going. “GREAT JOB”.

Comment by leo bullock – March 27, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone was just asking me today if Justified got renewed for a season 4, and I had to come here to check. I know you guys are always on the ball with this stuff! Now we are speculating who will play the villain in season 4. I personally desperately hope for a Deadwood star, maybe Ian McShane, though Garret Dillahunt would have been better, especially with the setting and tone of Justified. Too bad his dance card is full with Raising Hope. Maybe they can let him out to play for just one episode? Other people they need to bring over from Deadwood still: Brad Dourif (he could play a back alley doctor!), John Hawkes (Oh, yes, we have to have Sol Star and Seth Bullock reunite!), Paula Malcomson, Dayton Callie, Leon Rippy, William Sanderson, Kim Dickens, Powers Boothe, Gerald McRaney, Keith Carradine, and the guy that played Mose. All of these people would fit in so naturally in the Justified world. Bring on season 4! Wooh! i can’t wait 8 months! No, I’m serious, I can’t wait 8 months.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – April 17, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is great to watch new shows coming out of FX, USA & TNT. Better TV watching these networks than the old news reality shows. I’m sick of them and can honestly say I have never watched a reality show. The reality shows are the shows that drove me to find Justified, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, White Collar. Covert Affairs and Fairly Legal. Looking forward to the show renewals and anything new they have to offer. KEEP IT UP!!!

Comment by gary Duby – May 4, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified is the best ever tv show but I was disappointed when Raylan and Ava broke up. That was more chemistry than his boring ass ex wife. I really hope they get back together. I do like Boyd Crowder but not with Ava.

Comment by Squeak – June 3, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic, I love Justified………

Comment by suzie – August 19, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does season 4 start

Comment by matt – September 8, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on tv. Love raylan and boyd. Will tip a little shine in a toast. Best show on tv

Comment by BIG H – September 9, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I myself was born in Harlan County Kentucky. You can’t make this stuff up, my grandfather used to tell me some of the craziest stories, such as they show. I LOVE this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Cheri Herald – September 13, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is a wonderul series with actors/actresses that are tough to match. Just super scriptimg and characters (current and past). Please get it back on soon !!

Comment by Doug – September 25, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so true about Harlan County. My brother in law says, Even the Law doesn’t go in there.

Comment by Kasey Ann – March 25, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post