Breaking: FX Renews Justified For Fourth Season

Bad news for Harlan County’s sharks and scoundrels: FX has renewed Justified for a 13-episode fourth season.

Justified‘s current third season is averaging 4.3 million viewers (up 8 percent over Season 2) and 2.1 million among Adults 18-49 (also up 8 percent).

Justified is one of television’s best series and this season has reinforced that excellence,” said Nick Grad, FX’s VP of Original Programing. “Graham Yost and his writing team continue to deliver compelling material and richly drawn characters brought to life by the brilliance of Timothy Olyphant and our terrific ensemble cast. Their work is validated by universal acclaim, awards, and ratings that have grown every year. We look forward to many more seasons to come.”

Justified‘s Season 3 finale airs April 10.

In honor of the show’s early pickup, scroll down for the exclusive full-length version of last week’s “Spoiler Alert Theater,” featuring Dexter‘s Josh Cooke and 30 Rock‘s Keith Powell putting their own special spin on a scene from tonight’s unbelievably awesome episode.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

1. MockingbirdGirl says:

Dear Graham Yost: Time to bring Carla Gugino’s not-Karen-Sisco-wink-wink character back for an extended guest appearance, no? :-)

2. Jrs says:

Whoo hoo. Great show. Great news!

3. Todd says:

Fantastic news!

4. Dsimmons says:

Great news! Awesome show!

5. mr oshimaida says:

The best show on the air
    Finally noticed
    Gonna throw back some Bourbon as a toast

6. TheBeach says:

Where is Walter Goggins’ overlooked but much-deserved Emmy for Supporting Actor?

7. Nancy says:

GREAT news!! Such a great show!
    How about bringing RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. back as ‘JED’??
    He fit in so well and is such a great actor.

8. jay says:

This is fantastic news! Raylan is the man!!

9. KwikStudy says:

I love Justified. Raylan and Boyd’s relationship is one of the best written/acted combos on TV today. Their love/hate/loath/protect relationship is kismet. Walter Coggins and Peter Dinklage will spend the next 10 Emmy Awards battling out who deserves the Best Supporting Actor Emmy.

10. Eliza says:

Yes!!! Very happy to read this news

11. Kat says:

My day is now perfect. Love this show!

12. Dolphin says:

This is just the best news. Made my day! Justified is my favorite show currently on television. Timothy Olyphant IS Raylan Givens, and Walton Goggins is one of the best actors on television today. Can’t wait for more shannigans from those knuckeheaded hillbillies of Harlan Country … and the law men who try and keep them from shooting each other and blowing stuff up!!!

13. s. says:

This Season has been superb! Love everything about the show. This is definitely great news, can’t wait for tonights episode!

14. Cody says:

“Justified is one of television’s best series and this season has reinforced that excellence”
    I can’t agree more.

15. leo bullock says:

I had just about given up on TV until I accidentally stumbled onto JUSTIFIED. If definitely is the “VERY BEST ” show going at this time. I can’t say enough about the talents of everyone involved in this show.I hope that they can keep the energy and creativity going. “GREAT JOB”.

16. Britta Unfiltered says:

Someone was just asking me today if Justified got renewed for a season 4, and I had to come here to check. I know you guys are always on the ball with this stuff! Now we are speculating who will play the villain in season 4. I personally desperately hope for a Deadwood star, maybe Ian McShane, though Garret Dillahunt would have been better, especially with the setting and tone of Justified. Too bad his dance card is full with Raising Hope. Maybe they can let him out to play for just one episode? Other people they need to bring over from Deadwood still: Brad Dourif (he could play a back alley doctor!), John Hawkes (Oh, yes, we have to have Sol Star and Seth Bullock reunite!), Paula Malcomson, Dayton Callie, Leon Rippy, William Sanderson, Kim Dickens, Powers Boothe, Gerald McRaney, Keith Carradine, and the guy that played Mose. All of these people would fit in so naturally in the Justified world. Bring on season 4! Wooh! i can’t wait 8 months! No, I’m serious, I can’t wait 8 months.

17. gary Duby says:

It is great to watch new shows coming out of FX, USA & TNT. Better TV watching these networks than the old news reality shows. I’m sick of them and can honestly say I have never watched a reality show. The reality shows are the shows that drove me to find Justified, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, White Collar. Covert Affairs and Fairly Legal. Looking forward to the show renewals and anything new they have to offer. KEEP IT UP!!!

18. Squeak says:

Justified is the best ever tv show but I was disappointed when Raylan and Ava broke up. That was more chemistry than his boring ass ex wife. I really hope they get back together. I do like Boyd Crowder but not with Ava.

19. suzie says:

Fantastic, I love Justified………

20. matt says:

When does season 4 start

21. BIG H says:

Best show on tv. Love raylan and boyd. Will tip a little shine in a toast. Best show on tv

22. Cheri Herald says:

I myself was born in Harlan County Kentucky. You can’t make this stuff up, my grandfather used to tell me some of the craziest stories, such as they show. I LOVE this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Doug says:

It is a wonderul series with actors/actresses that are tough to match. Just super scriptimg and characters (current and past). Please get it back on soon !!

24. Kasey Ann says:

This is so true about Harlan County. My brother in law says, Even the Law doesn’t go in there.