Good Wife Sneak Peek: Matthew Perry Makes His Debut, and Kalinda's [Spoiler] Returns!

CBS’ The Good Wife is getting a visit from a Friends star, and we’ve got a sneak peek at Matthew Perry as Alicia’s new adversary. Plus, Kalinda’s about to get a pretty little blast from the past.

Scoop: Matthew Perry Returning to NBC as Star of Comedy Pilot Go On

Perry makes his debut on March 25, playing a lawyer heading up a blue ribbon panel — which also features guest stars Charles S. Dutton (Roc) and Kurt Fuller (Psych, Supernatural) — charged with investigating a suspicious police shooting. Alicia, though, suspects Perry’s panel chairman may have less than honorable motivations.

Meanwhile, Kalinda’s IRS troubles lead to the return of her FBI “friend” Lana Delaney (Royal Pains‘ Jill Flint).

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the new and returning faces.

Comments (26)

• I like the show for the character actors and the cases. But Julianna Margulies is such a non-entity, I’m always a little surprised to see her in photos. If ever there was a show that could go on without it’s “star”, it’s this one.

Comment by Jack – March 6, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you being serious?

Julianna Margulies is definitely one of the main reasons why this show is so good.
      True, we haven’t seen that much of her character lately but I’m sure the Kings have something *big* planned for Alicia in the next few episodes.

Comment by Isabel – March 6, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Are you being serious?” Absolutely. Just stating my opinion. You’re entitled to your own.

Comment by Jack – March 6, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Jack, I’m sorry if I came across to you as being rude. That was definitely not my intention.
          Just like Margo said, I’d suggest you to give S1-S2 a try. I’m sure your opinion about JM’s character would quickly change.

Comment by Isabel – March 6, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Disagree totally. Julianna is what brought me to this show and keeps me coming back. I like all the characters but she is the main draw.

Comment by Jeri – March 6, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are you smoking, Jack?

Comment by Tania – March 6, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m new to The Good Wife, but it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. It’s great to know up front that the online fans are rude. No point seeking out forums. Thanks.

Comment by Jack – March 6, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you are a new to The Good Wife….you should definitely go back and watch the first two seasons. Julianna’s story line has not been at the extreme forefront as it was for the first two seasons, as they have taken this season to focus on Will and his woes. But for you to say Alicia is a non-entity…trust me when TGW fans say “Are you serious” because there would be no show without Julianna…what she did with the first two seasons will blow your mind. It’s nice to see the Kings give supporting characters legitimate air time and stories.

Anyways…I’m super happy to see Alicia help out with Kalinda’s IRS case…it’ll only make them closer or drive them apart :S Glad to see Jill is back too!

Comment by Margo – March 6, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I sincerely appreciate your well-thought out suggestion. The thing is, Alicia-in-the-present isn’t compelling enough for me to spend time watching previous seasons. I will if she does something that holds my interest for more than one scene in every third episode.

Comment by Jack – March 6, 2012 02:27 PM PDT
          • @Jack, “Alicia-in-the-present isn’t compelling enough for me to spend time watching previous seasons.” Well you’re doing yourself a huge disservice then because most of the plots (and character revelations–not just about Alicia) are a continuation of the foundation laid in early eps. Moreover, the first 2 seasons are impeccable and if you can’t be bothered to learn what engrossed viewers and critics in the first place, then your investment going forward is kind of useless.

Comment by Saint Alicia – March 6, 2012 03:20 PM PDT
    • Jack, Please start watching from the beginning when you can. It’s worth it. As with any character, sometimes you have to pull back, and it really is an ensemble show. But without Julianna’s character, you would have no reason for really a number of characters to be intertwined.

And any scene with Julianna’s character with Jackie is worth the price of admission.

Comment by Cathy – March 6, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I may be in the minority here, but I watch TGW just for Kalinda..she is the “star” of the show, IMHO. :)

Comment by tahina – March 6, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay I am not being rude here, just trying to explain.
      I think these fans might have come across as a bit rude because they were shocked, and sarcastic. Honestly I don’t blam them, my first thought when reading this was also what the F*ck?. This is because there would be no show without Alicia, as the whole title sugest.
      The show was originally launched with the lines: His scandal, Her story.
      Her story as a referance t the fact that it is Alicia’s story.
      All of these things you see playing out now, and you seem to like is because of something that played out earlier on. These people would have no reason for acting the way they did, interacting if it was not for Alicia.
      I am a kind of a new view myself, bu tI started off from the beginning and lets just say it is doing yourself a huge favor. Just like this story is pointing towards… do yo uhave any idea whatthe connecting between this FBI lady and Kalinda is? no you most likely don’t because you have not seen the earlier episodes with her in.
      You won’t know why her and Kalinda is acting the why they do becuase you have not learned their past history.
      Just like with Will, you won’t know all the history he and ALicia have build over the first two seasons, as well as the mentions of their past history. Alicia would have no job if it was not for Will. He has also developed a lot over the seasons from the boy to the man. Again a lot to do with Alicia.
      Cary would not be working where he is now if it was not for Alicia, and the same goes for Eli.
      Honestly there is a reason these fans are agrivated when you say the hsow could go on without her… because when all the other stuff is cutted away the things they have tried to give more focus on these past episodes… it will be Alicia’s life and Alicia’s story you are watching. and I can guarentee you that she will be put in focus once again now the end of ht eseason is getting closer… why becuase in the end it is her story being told, with others arcs included, but they will always return to Alicia.

Comment by Josephine – March 6, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me bitch I will sure your ass all the way back to Canada ok lol

Comment by Alicia Florrick – March 6, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matthew Perry is awesome! Yay for The Good Wife! Good casting.
    Juliana is wonderful.
    With friends like Calinda’s, who needs enemies???

Comment by barbara – March 6, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt Fuller is always good; the judge he played in the Jennifer Carpenter episode was great. Always good to see Charles S. Dutton, he’s another great character actor.

Comment by Daniel – March 6, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could they please keep on focusing on Cary now that the season is ending? Or do I have to keep on reading Cary’s blog on the CBS website to find out what’s up with him?

Comment by luc – March 6, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quickly clicking through the pics at first glance I thought Kalinda had her hand on Alicia’s! Alas, it’s Lana in the photo…

Comment by Saint Alicia – March 6, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE CHAN CHAN MAN!!!!

Comment by João Amaral – March 6, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why no more recaps on TGW?

Comment by Forwarddad – March 6, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because this season has been a disappointment. Season 1 and 2 were so good…and this season I have totally lost interest. Last Sunday’s episode was a total let down. I’m taking it off my dvr.

Comment by c malone – March 6, 2012 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleased to see Jill Flint back as Lana! The complex sexual tension, sometimes subtle, other times not were incredible to see between Kalinda and her. The other Kalinda “friends” can’t compare to Lana. Looking forward to see what murky waters the IRS problem reveals.

Comment by Mike – March 7, 2012 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a huge fan of the good wife . I love all the cast. Best show, good actors.
    Julianna , Christine, Josh, Archie & Matt are wonderful.

In Canada, we love the show !!!

Big fan from Montreal

Comment by Lisbeth – March 7, 2012 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show , the actors are great,and amazing. Very good show.
    Julianna, Josh, Chistine, Matt, Archie are wonderful.

I have already seen season, 1 & 2 and the writting is so well done .

Big Fan, from Montreal, Canada

Comment by Lisbeth – March 7, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow excited to see jill flint back on Good Wife :)

and we get any scoop’s about her character

Comment by Royal Pains Online – March 8, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What episode is lana (jill flint) coming back.

Comment by bobby – March 11, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post