The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

On TV this Tuesday: Megan Mullally is Breaking In, Scrubs alumni reunite in Cougar Town, Raising Hope cues up Katy Perry, Jane by Design sews up its freshman run and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, here are 10 other programs you may want to keep on your radar.

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Frustrated by his parents’ dramatic divorce, Emmet makes a bad decision that could destroy his relationship with Bay; Kathyrn meets with a book editor (Cheers‘ Shelley Long) to discuss publishing her switch-themed biography.

8 pm 90210 (The CW) | Adrianna and Dixon land a meeting with a major producer to discuss music on his next film, but are sabotaged by Vanessa; Naomi’s sister arrives with her son for a surprise visit; Silver gets accepted into NYU.

8 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | New time slot alert! After Sabrina is arrested, one of the prison attendants (guest star Katy Perry) claims to be a friend from her past and yet will stop at nothing to make her stay in the slammer as dreadful as possible.

8:30 pm Cougar Town (ABC) | One look is all it takes for Bobby to fall for Travis’ photography professor (Scrubs’ Sarah Chalke), but Travis refuses to introduce them; Laurie has a Twitter romance with a soldier in Iraq. (Check out who else from Scrubs is stopping by the Cul-de-sac!)

Save the Dates: March Premieres and Finales!

9 pm Jane by Design (ABC Family) | Season 1 finale: Now that Ben is onto Jane’s secret, her dream job looks like it could be quickly coming to an end.

9 pm The River (ABC) | The Magus crew finds Emmet’s camera bag, chock full o’footage of him spiraling out of control; Lena reveals a troubling secret to a fellow crew member.

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | Agent Machado’s past with his stripper informant (Nikki DeLoach, Awkward) is revealed; Henry realizes Bridget knows more than she should and thus he must keep her from interfering with his plans.

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | When Nick is hurt playing a game of football and Jess discovers he doesn’t have insurance, she brings him to her doctor-friend – an OB/GYN. (It all leads to the “big plunge” scooped here.)

9:30 pm Breaking In (Fox) | Season 2 premiere: Oz is forced to sell the company to a corporate conglomerate headed by the brash and bold Veronica Mann (played by Will & Grace‘s Megan Mullally, a new series regular).

Southland‘s Ben McKenzie Previews Officer Sherman’s ‘Darker Path,’ Conflict With Sammy

10 pm Justified (FX) | A shocking murder forces Raylan to confront his past mistakes; Boyd grapples with Harlan’s corrupt sheriff.

Comments (39)

• 90210, jane by design

Comment by Brandy – March 6, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The River only because I am already invested enough I have to know how this plays out.

Otherwise, good night for DVR/On Demand catch up.

Comment by kirads09 – March 6, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved “Breaking In” last year and I’m happy to see it coming back but I’m disappointed to see Megan Mullaly. Megan is SO annoying, she just grates on my nerves. I don’t find her entertaining at all!

Plus, she isn’t necessary. Christian Slater was fine on his own. The show just had a lousy time slot, no promotion and was a midseason entry. FOX is in such a rush to fix something they didn’t stop and think about whether it was broken.

Comment by Kat – March 6, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have not watched Breaking In. Did Fox learn nothing from the sad Human Target debaucle and bringing in the character Ilsa Pucci Season 2? Seems like they are doing something similar here. A wealthy woman takes over the company? Hmmm.

Comment by kirads09 – March 6, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is exactly what I thought!

Comment by Imran P – March 6, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had similar concerns re: the addition of Mullally as a new boss, but having seen the premiere, I must say it is handled smartly and it works. Plus, all around, it’s a surprisingly strong episode of a show that was fine if never quite a reliable gut-buster.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 6, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glad to hear that Matt. I loved it last year, but have been really worried about the addition of Mullally and loss of Rosenbaum. I do plan to give it a chance though!

Comment by Amanda – March 6, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ll be giving it a chance as well… but Dutch was the whole show.

Comment by Brendan – March 6, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m right there with you, Kat. Love Christian Slater, despise Megan Mullally. I can’t see that Turn the Tub Around commercial without muting it.

Comment by Templar – March 6, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show so much that I’m going to give it a chance whether Megan is on it or not. The other characters are great and they’re worth sticking around for.

Comment by Nikki – March 6, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The River and Jane by Design

Comment by bigdog5758 – March 6, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the series lets Mullally off the leash, the move to add her to Breaking In will only help the show that was fairly funny on its own last year.

When a show does so poorly in the ratings, you have to think the network is going to “shake it up” and I imagine it was her agreement to join the show which was the driving force behind it being brought back from the cancelled abyss late last year.

Comment by TV Watcher – March 6, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougar Town, Breaking In, Justified, DVRing Southland.

Comment by Bella – March 6, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl and Justified

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – March 6, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane by Design and Switched at Birth.. Nothing else for me tonight.. White Collar is done until the summer and NCIS:LA and Body of Proof have no new episodes tonight!

Comment by Lola – March 6, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ringer, only because I’m committed to see it through. Otherwise, time to catch up on Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl and wash it all with some Dexter DVDs.

Comment by Stumped! – March 6, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOUTHLAND (only three episodes left this season). With Parenthood already wrapped up Season Three, the fate of the family drama is still on the horizon and it’s been “on the bubble” like once or twice before.

Comment by kevin – March 6, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope, Switched at Birth, Cougar Town and 90210 – not quite sure why I still bother with that last one!

Comment by Kendal – March 6, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope, Cougar Town, New Girl, and Breaking In.

Comment by Amanda – March 6, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My exact lineup as well. Well, I don’t watch Breaking In, in fact have never even heard of it before today, but the first three shows are also my schedule. Cougar Town is going by way too fast! This is looking like the last season and I want to savor every episode.

Comment by Ari – March 6, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl. And Ringer, because I have to see how it plays out.

Comment by Morgan – March 6, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope, Cougar Town, New Girl, Breaking In. Like the new time slot for Raising Hope.

Comment by Nadine – March 6, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210, Raising Hope and New Girl.

Comment by em – March 6, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougar Town, S@B, Jane by design, New Girl, and The River.

Comment by juan – March 6, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With all the repeats tonight I’m down to just Cougar Town.

Comment by G – March 6, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The River, Cougartown, and Breaking In are on my must-watch list tonight.

Comment by Justin – March 6, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Southland and Justified!

Comment by Kat – March 6, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PEOPLE WATCH COUGAR TOWN TONIGHT 8:30PM ABC!!!!

Comment by kop – March 6, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOUTHLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by gcem – March 6, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing
    Cougar Town (maybe)
    Ringer
    New Girl
    Raising Hope
    Breaking In (Let’s see if Megan Mullally can save Christian Slater’s career)
    Justified

Comment by Velvet – March 6, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops, Last Man Standing is a repeat.

Comment by Velvet – March 6, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified!

Comment by jj – March 6, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9-0 & New Girl

Comment by GGMustDie – March 6, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Justified and never miss it. I do not watch any of the other shows except Southland. Justified is superb. My significant other watches Ringer – which I could just not get into.

Comment by Dana – March 6, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing Season 3 Premiere of ‘Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman’ at 10pm on Science…

Comment by RandomJ – March 6, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ringer….gotta see my weekly trainwreck!

Comment by GeoDiva – March 6, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best shows on TV….SOUTHLAND.
    And I’ll catch New Girl probably. :)

Comment by Charlotte – March 6, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t even recognise Katy Perry in Raising Hope, although looking back on it, she did a great job although could have been let loose in the role a bit more.
    At least it takes away of my opinion of her as ‘Oh, Honey’ in HIMYM ^_^