Terra Nova Cancelled By Fox, Series Being Shopped Around to Other Networks

Get More: Cancellations, News

Terra Nova CancelledDinosaurs are headed back onto TV’s endangered species list.

Fox has pulled the plug on its pricey prehistoric drama Terra Nova after one moderately rated season, TVLine has learned.

The show is currently being shopped around to other networks by 20th Century Fox Television.

“Bad news guys, Terra Nova has been cancelled by Fox,” leading man Jason O’Mara tweeted late Monday. “We’re gonna try and get another network to do it. Stand by.”

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news. Post your eulogies in the comments.

Tags: ,

Comments (273)

• I loved watching Terra Nova,It was the best show on on Monday’s. Not only after soon it got cancelled,ALCATRAZ stared!!!!!!!

Comment by Rob Snyder – April 1, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am taking this news pretty hard as this show along with “Fringe” and “Fallling sky’s” where my best reasons for turning the tv on at all!. I am now 66 years old and i know what i like – i loved this show and waited impaiently for it’s return. All i can say is that just like the other networks Fox blew it big time for it’s audience yet again!

Comment by Jim Sheats – April 2, 2012 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back Terra Nova!!! It is a great show!! Find a way to make it happen. Seems like regular tv is causing everyone to turn to cable and what shows they bring. Terra Nova is really reaching a great deal of people, great family stuff!!!

Comment by Delores – April 3, 2012 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really tired of Fox giving us something we can sink our teeth into and then taking it away. Terra Nova was one of the first different series in a long time. God forbid it isn’t a typical cop show. You can keep House, and of course they left it on. Just what I need in my life, an addicted doctor who can’t make a decision on his own. Thank the Lord for supporting actors.

Comment by Kathy Hess – April 10, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova is great, it still had some many more stories to give us. I really hope it gets picked up by another network.

Comment by Sky – April 12, 2012 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sucky. This show was finally starting to find its feet and getting really good. Hope it finds a new home.

Comment by Sandra S. – April 13, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any update on Terra Nova finding a new home?

Comment by Mike – April 15, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally fedup with SciFi progs being cancelled after just one series!
    I really hope someone picks this up.

Comment by tony00769 – April 16, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, really liked that show :(

Comment by Dave Lewis – April 16, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I keep waiting for someone to pick up Terra Nova! Why doesn’t Syfy do it??? I mean, they even have wrestling on the syfy channel for what reason we’ll never know. C’mon someone’s gotta pick up Terra Nova. It’s a great show!

Comment by Kristine Archibald – April 26, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Terra Nova, I do hope another network puts the show on.

Comment by Brenda – May 13, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Extremely disappointed in Fox. To rub salt in the wound they replace it with an implausible unexplained Alcatraz, and push it at you. Whatever else they come up with, I’m tuning out.

Comment by Ken Biddle – May 13, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK TERRA NOVA!!!! :)

Comment by Bradley (@Braderli) – May 24, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody else notice fox always cancels the good shoes? Ah hem Firefly, Tru Calling, Family Guy, Terminator Sara Conner Chronicles, and too many others to name!!! Lets face it Fox sucks!!!

Comment by KG – May 27, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best shows on TV for the whole family…one we truly looked forward to seeing each week!! I can’t believe it wasn’t renewed!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Comment by TRue – May 31, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thats bs .that show was great

Comment by nic – July 5, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your
    situation; we have developed some nice methods and we are
    looking to swap techniques with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Comment by top tera hacks – July 13, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox is the MOST CRAPPY network there is!!!!!! I’m sure they will replace this with another one of their highly intelligent animated comic crap shows they like so much…. for the highly intelligent to watch…. Too bad, this was a good series, still hoping some other channel picks it up…

Comment by w – July 20, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why bring it back? It has more plot holes than the X-files. Good riddence.

Comment by Woodrow – August 1, 2012 01:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fox keeps cancelling all the good syfi shows i think a new station should come and clame the shows and get rid of fox network for good

Comment by trevor jones – August 26, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How great is it thatthey yet you and surprizingly your spouse to get hooked on this great series and thenafter the war they just cacle the bleeping show? Fox is really taking a turn for theworst arent they

Comment by stormy – September 10, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova was great and I’m sorry to hear fox cancelled. It was a favorite of ours and my 500 plus co-workers. As engineers we related to the plot “if it ever happened” we’d do the same.
    I hope another network picks it up. Frankly, we’re all tired of the million csi Miami and other similar shies. It was nice having something different and very entertaining on.
    Hope they bring back Terra Nova soon. Between that show cancelled and no more House… Fox has nothing interesting on besides repeats of Big Bang.

Comment by Rita Miller – October 20, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s interesting. Terra Nova is about giving people a second chance at life. Where is the second chance for this TV show? The first two episodes were really not the greatest, but after the director got familiar with the scene and cast they got drastically better. Alongside with Firefly(series), it’s too shameful to let a creative TV show die.

Let’s all watch the 3-millionth broadcast of American Idol? We have only to blame ourselves for the mediocre-poor outcome from Terra Nova. It’s too bad that the masses would prefer to watch idiots acting out scenes in a reality show. Terra Nova has more reality than that even with dinosaurs. After all, the show plays on our emotions and what it means to be human and be given a second chance.

I’m terrified at what has become of modern, idiotic television. But again, we can’t blame the producers or the executives at Fox. Just like the large corporation in Terra Nova, they don’t even care about breaking even, but to get wildly rich.

Comment by Mercalus – October 20, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay so I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be watching FOX. They’ve officially cancelled every good show from last season with the exception if Touch.

Comment by Rhonda D – October 31, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was heartbreaking when I found out that the show had been cancelled. It was one of best entertaining sci-fi shows that I’ve seen in quite sometime. I hope some other network picks it up and make you realize what a BIG mistake you guys made.

Comment by taketwo – November 6, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 联网安防是一家专业的防盗报警系统和闭路监控系统生产商, 主要从事无线防盗报警器,有线防盗报警器, 监控摄像机以及闭路硬盘录像机等设备。

Comment by www.123anfang.com – January 5, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the hell that’s messed up. It was a good show:(

Comment by Rashida Gloor – January 21, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still waiting for the show to come back. ERRRRR

Comment by Carl Franklin Hendershot – March 2, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me go cry in a corner,

Comment by Anonymous – April 11, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello my family member! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all important infos.
    I would like to look extra posts like this .

Comment by maquillaje – July 30, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post