NCIS Exclusive: The L Word's Karina Lombard Cast as Ziva's [Spoiler]

Longtime NCIS viewers looking to learn more about how Ziva David (played by Coté de Pablo) became the woman she is today are in luck, because Karina Lombard has been cast as the badass beauty’s longtime friend and mentor, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Ratings: NCIS Outdraws Idol for First Time Ever

Lombard’s character, named Monique Lisson, was first alluded to in this season’s premiere, when Ziva made mention of a female friend she had in Central America. And when I spoke to series boss Gary Glasberg in January, he shared his plan to “introduce Ziva’s [version of Mike] Franks — someone who’s going to sort of guide her a little bit in figuring out what she wants from life, professionally.”

What’s more, Monique, who will appear in an April episode, has a somewhat secretive past of her own.

Lombard’s TV credits include runs on The 4400, The L Word and Rescue Me, plus guest gigs on CSI and CSI: NY, while her big-screen resume features Legends of the Fall and Wide Sargasso Sea.

Comments (236)

• The amazing thing about stupid people?The fact they are still alive.

Comment by Ricky Bogle – March 6, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It does not constue for the NCIS without Ziva!!!!!!

Comment by Tünde – March 6, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva is smokin!

Comment by Glen – March 6, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is always a good episode of NCIS, when people from the cast’s past are introduced. That’s how we first learned about Gibbs wife & daughter; McGhee’s sister shed light on his moonlighting as an author; Abby’s ex led us to her would be contract killer; Jenny’s failed kill as an old agent b4 becoming Director led to her death protecting Gibbs, etc. Bringing in old friends has always been great tv on the show. I look forward to it.

Comment by Tia – March 6, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Ziva. She and Abby are my Favorites. If any of te caracters were to leave the show would not be the same. My husband and I do not stay up late enough to watch the new shows. Make sure all the new shows come to the re-run chanel where we watch then religiously. It really rocks as a show.

Comment by Georgi Daly – March 6, 2012 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva rocks!

Comment by Sarah – March 6, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS has struck gold with Miss Cote de Pablo.

I hope she’ll join the new show “Person of Interest” with Jim Caviezel after her contract with NCIS expired next year.. It would be great for POI.

Comment by Knight – March 6, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO! Please – no! I LOVE Person of Interest and Cote de Pablo is a truly mediocre actress who ruins every scene she’s in. It would be horrific to watch her massacre PoI the way she’s massacred NCIS.

Comment by NOOOOOOOOOO! – March 6, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOR CALLING MEDIOCRE ACTRESS, YOU ARE BLIND OR WHAT, SHE IS SO TALENTED ,PRETTY, FUNNY , GREAT ACTRESS AND YOU HAVE MEDIOCRE LEXIC FOR WRTTING OR YOU DON’T LIKE HER AND YOU COULDN’T BE OBJECTIVE FOR SPEAKING HER
        SO I AM SO HAPPY THAT ANTI-COTE ARE FEW PEOPLE, BECAUSE I DONT’ SAY ALL PEOPLE LOVER HER, BUT WHEN I DON’T LIKE SOMEONE , AM VERY OBJECTIVE AND NOT HATERS

Comment by estefania – March 6, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Knight, awesome idea!
      I love John Reese and Ziva David —> My two favorite TV characters.

Comment by Jane – March 6, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t touch my ziva David I love her

Comment by Franklin trujillo – March 6, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No no no don’t get rid of ziva. She can have a friend .ut that’s it. I watch every week on tues nights and all reruns and I have all the seasons that I watch when ncis is not on t.v. I could resite every episode. Please don’t break up our family. Where is the military women for gibbsn love interest. She just disappeared and they were good together. Ziva and tony need more love innterest between them. And abby and mcgee.

Comment by tambra comstock – March 6, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg *facepalm* people… Ziva (Cote de Pablo) is NOT leaving, stop with the drama! :O And I love how they had to add “professionaly” at the end there LoL Looking forward to seeing this! Give me a little bit of Tiva tease please! :3

Comment by Kitty – March 6, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally a Ziva storyline. I can’t wait. Intruiging that this women will help guide Ziva professionally. I thought she was happy at NCIS. I’m assuming she gets another job offer. Love the occasional women’s storylines they have. Not enough Ziva and Abby this year.

Comment by Kathy – March 6, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loooooooove NCIS and ALL the Characters the way it is now. Don’t think about adding sex scenes PLEASE!!!NO NEED!!!!

Comment by sonia – March 6, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont understand why everybody is freaking out! does the article say that ziva is leaving the show? no, it says we are gonna meet somebody from her past… jeez, yes it would suck if she left the show but lets not jump the gum here people!! (tony in the background… i think you mean *gun* ziva, lets not jump the *gun*)

Comment by idontunderstand – March 6, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be great for Ziva. She really needs a friend to talk to.
    I love Ziva. She is the best character on TV.

Comment by Becky – March 6, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am still waiting to see if Gibbs really has a date with Ryan! I wonder how long we will have to wait????? I hope we don’t have to wait til September! That my friends would break my “pea pickin li’l heart[

Comment by Linda Sue Elliott – March 6, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she’ll advise Ziva to stay away from Tony because of Rule 12

plus Tony is just not good enough for Ziva.

Tony can reunite with Wendy/son or EJ.

Comment by Art – March 6, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me while I go do cartwheels down the street. I’m so excited!

Comment by Steph – March 6, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, a story that’s about someone other than Tony, Gibbs or Vance.

Comment by Jill – March 7, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t take Ziva out ofthe show..I will stop watching and I am sure that a lot of people will too. And put Ziva and Tony already together cause they do belong with each other. And don’t leave karina that long on the show.

Comment by Angie – March 7, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a huge fan of the show, and I can’t wait for this episode. But like stated before, everyone on the show needs at least one person with more than a one episode story ark. Gibbs had Lt. Mann/Jenny, Tony had Jeanne/Wendy, Ziva had Michael/Ray, and I’m just waiting for Tim.and Abby’s people. I’d be interesting to bring back that girl Max from “Kill Screen”, but any geeky girl *cough* Abby *cough* would be good for him.

Comment by McAbby Fan – March 11, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A other Ziva storyline Oh joy and How come its not ok for Tony to have Wendy show up but its ok for Zica Mentor to show up

Comment by Michael – March 13, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and I love the show.
    Please keep Ziva and the rest of the cast!
    We like Jamie Lee and hope she is on more!
    Give Ziva more action. We like it when she
    takes down bad guys who think they are tough.

Comment by Harold – April 1, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • totally stocked for epi. this writer alison abner who wrote this 1 is damn good. watched 4 ‘ol episodes of ‘the west wing’ this week she wrote, ‘in this house’, ‘bartlet’s third state of the union’, ‘war crimes’, ‘the indians in the lobby’ + more. check her out on imdb. my gut says she’s gonna give us an awesome ziva tony episode. we need an awesome 1. it’s been too long. the 30 second promo is friggin’ kick ass. i’m pysched peeps.

Comment by Holycanolis12 – April 6, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Firm. The Beauty on the beach. She is modern day Mona Lisa! A match for Ziva!

Comment by Bob Bitchen – April 13, 2012 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Gibbs hook up with the military girl who he was fixing the bathroom’s leaking pipes and building her a new bathroom as a surprise for.

Comment by Mike – June 9, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Many who buy the same Fengshui product from two different sources will find that one is working so well and the other may not. [url=http://www.ralphlaurenpolooultetuk.co.uk/]ralph lauren[/url%5

Comment by ralph lauren – March 4, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just started out this products on Monday, April 11, 2011 and that i have currently missing 5 lbs. I have changed my eating habits as well. NO BREAD OR SODA to make sure that may very well be a plus. Though 5 lbs isn’t a lot it all seemed to come from my tummy area and i have previously gotten two compliments on bodyweight missing nowadays. I will acquire this capsules once more with no hesitation.

Comment by xiu tang bee pollen – May 2, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post