Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: The L Word's Karina Lombard Cast as Ziva's [Spoiler]

Longtime NCIS viewers looking to learn more about how Ziva David (played by Coté de Pablo) became the woman she is today are in luck, because Karina Lombard has been cast as the badass beauty’s longtime friend and mentor, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Ratings: NCIS Outdraws Idol for First Time Ever

Lombard’s character, named Monique Lisson, was first alluded to in this season’s premiere, when Ziva made mention of a female friend she had in Central America. And when I spoke to series boss Gary Glasberg in January, he shared his plan to “introduce Ziva’s [version of Mike] Franks — someone who’s going to sort of guide her a little bit in figuring out what she wants from life, professionally.”

What’s more, Monique, who will appear in an April episode, has a somewhat secretive past of her own.

Lombard’s TV credits include runs on The 4400, The L Word and Rescue Me, plus guest gigs on CSI and CSI: NY, while her big-screen resume features Legends of the Fall and Wide Sargasso Sea.

1. Jacob says:

So glad that more of Ziva’s past is coming up, and I love that a woman is the past instead of having men. Women have several angles to explore, and I love that they’re exploring this one.

2. uisignorant says:

Please don’t make Ziva gay!!!!

3. Miranda says:

I love ziva so I am glad I now who play her

4. Pam says:

The NCIS is the best and it wouldn’t be the same without any of the characters that are on it now unless you would want to change the directer of NCIS back to Jenny or to someone else I know the one now is trying hard but I just don’t like him as well as I did the others. Sorry! Am so glad that they overpowered the Idol, Keep it up!!! Great show lotas better thaqn LA one!!!!!!!!

• THIS SHOW HAS A LOT OF POLITICAL POWER.I AM NOT A POLITICAL PERSON,NEVER HAD ANY INTEREST IN POLITICS EVEN THOUGH IT’S HO OUR COUNTRY WAS BUILD AND RAN.WATCHING NCIS HAS OPENED MY EYES AS TO WHAT’S REALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND JUST HOW POWERFUL OUR COUNTRY REALLY IS.ALSO ZIVA DAVID CHARACTER HAS TAUGHT ME WHO’S WHO AND WHAT’S WHAT.I NOW KEEP UP WITH WHAT’S GOING ON AROUND ME,AND KNOWING THAT THE ISREALES ARE ON OUR SIDE MAKES ME NOW READ MORE AS TO MY WORLD AROUND ME.THANK YOU ZIVA YOUR THE BEST!!!!!!!

5. Rachael says:

NCIS is like my extended family!!!! Love ZIVA! Can not wait for this!!! When u have no family and really no fam show like this are important! Love the dynamics of the team, but ZIVA is my favorite! So wish I could be more like her

6. R. Stinson says:

It would be great if a show would be about the “tailhook” incident which led to the change from NIS to NCIS. Also, something should be clearly explained about the limited scope of the NCIS agents as Federal law enforcement entities. Jusr Saying. rss a devoted follower.

7. Tammy says:

I like ziva so much I named my daughter after her

8. Charlie says:

Time moves on. I didn’t think Kate could be replaced, but Ziva is as good or almost as good. Mike Franks has left a void that needs to be filled. Gibbs is now all powerful and he needs an equal to make him more real. Director Vance hasn’t filled that role. Vance has been moved to a minor character. Palmer gets more face time than Vince. I don’t Gibbs will ever had another love interest. I hope the guy from the property room stays in the property room. I want the old Tony back.

• DURING THE BOSNIA THING,JENNY AND JETHRO HAD A FLING.JENNY NEVER STOPPED CARING FOR JETHRO HOW EVER SHE NEVER ALLOWED HER FEELINGS TO GET IN THE WAY OF DOING HER JOB.BEFORE SHE DIED,MIKE FRANKS ASKED HER ABOUT HER FEELINGS FOR JETHRO AND SHE ADMITTED TO MIKE THAT JETHRO DIDN’T KNOW HOW SHE REALLY FELT.SHE HAD BEGUN TO WRITE HIM A LETTER AND NEVER GOT PAST DEAR JETHRO.THAT WAS HIS LOVE INTEREST TO ME.WHERE I LIVE MY CABLE PROVIDER DOES NOT SUBSCRIBE CBS.SO I HAVE YET TO SEE HOW HIM AND JAMIE LEE CURTIS PANS OUT.AND SHE’S NOT HIS AVERAGE RED HEAD CATCH.I’LL EVENTUALLY GET TO SEE HOW SILVER N SILVER DO TOGETHER EVEN IF I HAVE TO GO AND BUY THE SEASON.A MUST SEE THING.

9. Gammy says:

Who are you, online grammar police?

10. Michelle says:

personally…I kind of hope Ziva ends up with Gibbs!!! That would be awesome!!!

11. Michael says:

Maybe these will led to Ziva leaving the show that could be sweet

12. kimberly says:

I agree w/ Barbara.btired of the left leaning slant of this season! They made Ziva a chick instead of the intense mossad agent she used to portray. The stupid Abby adoption story and all the kinder gentler story lines. I switched to Person of Interest w/ Jim Cavezial and love it even better than NCIS…..by far!!!!

13. Lynette Wragge says:

I love all of them. Although I have a real soft spot for McGee and Abby. Ziva was a hit as soon as she came in the show. What can you say about Gibbs yummy

14. M says:

Touch Ziva David, I dare you.
    There’s an army of fans out here that will force you into a slow and excruciatingly painful death.

• BOUT THE EPISODE WHERE THE LADY SAYS TO TONY :I WONDER WHAT GIBBS WOULD DO IF I SLAP HER?TONY LAUGHED AND SO DID I.IT’S NOT WHAT GIBBS WOULD DO IT’S WHAT ZIVA WOULD DO OMG!!!!!!!THANK GOD SHE NEVER SLAPPED ZIVA TO FIND OUT LOL.

• Nubie says:

Hi Shelita –

Lol, I can see you’re really excited about Ziva and you’ve posted a lot of comments on here – that’s great!! :0)

The “Lady” you refer to is Paula Cassidy, and I think that was a S4 episode, where Paula actually ended up dying (very sad; Tony cried). What was interesting about that episode is that Paula IMMEDIATELY decided she didn’t like Ziva, primarily because she viewed Ziva as a “threat”. She knew T & Z got along very well together, so she was just plain bitter & nasty. Cassidy realized she was the “Odd Man Out” at that point forward, and she no longer had DiNozzo’s full, undivided attention. That would explain her FOUL attitude. Women will be women.

15. Lori Alayne Weber Miller says:

You guys are so missing the real Gibbs relationship. I am looking for Gibbs and Abby. He loves her, she loves him. They are both are so in synch she knows when he is in the room. Covered for his criminal act … All we need now is one of those earth shaking kisses. Something like where he goes to give her a kiss on the forehead and misses Yup … that would be hot.

16. Shells says:

Ziva has to stay . Would like to see more of her Mossad background , and she’s good with Gibbs . Will be nice to see some of her friends from back home.

17. iluvsquishy says:

Will be good to see how ziva became the person she is. In fact I think we should get to see into all their backgrounds, maybe a personal episode each or one intertwining? Love ziva and her interactions with Tony but I have to say Abby, followed closely by Gibbs and Duckie are my definite faves, in that order :)

18. david says:

Just got used to watching ncis hate to give it up because if I wanted to watch a bunch of gay women I would have watch the l-show as I didn’t watch it so get rid of the whore.

19. iluvsquishy says:

Amen to the Abby-Gibbs idea. Been thinking that for ages! Abby should definitely be Mrs LJ Gibbs #5 :D

• Chuck says:

yuck!

• ABBY IS JUST ABBY THERE IS NO OTHER LIKE HER ON T.V..SHE HAS HER OWN STYLE AND CORNY WAY OF DOING THINGS.I LOVE HOW SHE TAKES LITTLE TO NO DNA AND GRABS HER BAD GUY.AND LIKE SHE SAYS SHE’S GIBBS FAVORITE.NO SHE’S MORE LIKE GIBB’S DAUGHTER.ONE OF MY FAVORITE EPISODES ARE:THE ONE WHERE ABBY HAS A STALKER,SHE’S ON THE ELEVATOR,GIBBS GETS ON THE ELEVATOR WITH HER AND SAYS NO ONE IS GOING TO HURT YOU ABBY.SHE SAYS TO HIM:YOUR JUST SAYING THAT TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER GIBBS.WELL IF YOUR A TRUE NCIS FAN YOU KNOW THE EPISODE.MY POINT IS HE HOLDS HER CLOSE TO HIM ,KISSES HER ON THE FORHEAD FOR REASSURANCE THAT HE WILL KILL ANYONE WHO TRYS TO HURT HIS ABBY.JUST LIKE WHEN HE GOES TO THE LAB GIVES HER HER DRINK,ASK WHAT SHE’S GOT FOR HIM ,SHE COMPLYS AND HE KISSES HER ON THE HEAD,THAT’S MORE OF A FATHER FIGURE THAN A HUSBAND.DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL.

• Helen Pollard says:

NO NOT (ABBY FOR GIBBS ITS WRONG)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ATHER ABBY IS THOUGH THE( COAST GARD AGENT ) THAT IS THE BEST IDEAR YET!!!

20. Duke Duhon says:

I <3 this show so much my favorite part in any of the ncis shows is when tony gets hit upside his head by gibbs and my favorite character is abby

21. as says:

YAWN!…
    More Ziva – had enough of the character in S6 & S7….just do the show a favor & kill her off already….

22. leah says:

I hope all theoriginal cast stay and this is just a new character ziva kicks ass!!@

23. judy says:

Don’t. Watch it if you don’t. Like it. Personally I love the whole setup. Eve. Reruns.

24. Bob says:

I agree 100% .I think Law and Order SVU was ruined by not havingDet. Stabler on anymore, and the same would be true with NCIS.The cast is great,nothing should happen to I..

25. Francia says:

I love Ziva and the other cast are great, i think Abby is ziva friend, i hope they don’t change or kill none of them i love this show because of the relationship the cast has, i changed my work schedule for that show i hope i don’t regret it.

26. Gary Minyard says:

Do Not I Repeat Do Not even think about replacing Ziva. I do miss the old Ziva though when she was kicking alot of A**, and not taking names.

27. tommy says:

oh boy, horny Tony will be drooling again. somebody please buy him a bib.

28. Babes says:

I really love all NCIS casts..especially Ziva!!
    The best tv series!..

29. Jenny says:

I love Ziva. I hope she finds her happiness. She deserves someone better than Tony or Ray.

30. Jason says:

She should’ve been Ziva’s Aunt Nettie.

31. nas says:

Looking forward to this, hope not to be disappointed. I really hope this is a way of bringing back some of the qualities of early Mossad Ziva. I understand they had to soften her, I just want some of her fieriness back. She was such a flirt and bad-ass. I hope the friend brings back those qualities in Ziva. And I really hope the friend doesn’t end up a bad guy.

32. PEOPLE ARE GROWN AND THIS IS AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS PART OF THE CONSTITUTION, ACTORS/ACTRESES ARE PEOPLE TO THEY JUST HAVE MORE MONEY THAN MOST IN THE 48’S.JUST LIKE THEY WORK THERE ASS’S OFF ON SET TO ENTERTAIN US,THEY KNOW THAT WE LOVE AND RESPECT THEM AS INDIVIDUALS.I HAVE HEARD GIBBS,TONY,ZIVA,ABBS,ALL USE EVERYDAY LANGUAGE ON THE EPISODES BEFORE SO STOP YOUR BITCHING AND LET PEOPLE BE PEOPLE.NCIS IS BAR FAR ONE OF THE VERY BEST CRIME DRAMAS ON T.V TODAY.AND THE COMMENTS WE ALL MAKE TO THEM AS FELLOW AMERICANS IS NEVER BOGUS OR DISRESPECTFUL.IT’S ALL LOVE FROM ME NCIS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

33. OOPS THE COMMENT I JUST GAVE BELONGS RIGHT HERE MY BAD.READ UP TOP FOR THIS POST HERE.WHAT I JUST COMMENTED IS SMART T.V..ENTERTAINERS LIKE TO BE ENTERTAINED TO BY THERE AMERICAN PUBLIC.

34. NCIS YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!

35. toni says:

Oh, Karina…will you be playing a lesbian too?

36. shirley moretto says:

somewhere in the beginning of Vance,I think he isn,t who he says he is.Has something to do with one of his boxing friends & a detached retina. Am I wrong? I love Gibbs. He has a beautiful mouth.Gorgeous & has aged well.WE do need Jimmies weddinf tho.

37. Louise says:

I want ziva and tony to finally get together despite all of Gibbs rules soooo meant to be together. I love this show!!!

38. Mike says:

NCIS has turned into the Gibbs & Ziva show this season. Gibbs has barely been out in the field with either Tony or McGee at all – only Ziva, over and over again. The only thing Tony seems allowed to deal with anymore is his own personal dramas: his ex-girlfriend, his fears, his future, his father, his ex-fiance, Ziva’s relationship issues, his feelings for Ziva…. At least McGee got the chance to go out into the field with a probie last week.

39. Helen Pollard says:

Yeah i agree i dont want to ever see Ziva the best actress i”ve in a long time!!!! plus she is the only one that can stop tony in his tracks,,,,be it with a fist or jiss or even just a smile,,,she an gibbs are the best ever,,,,i will be ever so heart broken to see either of then to leave the show,,,so its in your” an tv”s best intrest not to let them leave,,,,i live for this show!!!!!second best show is,,,ncis,la it will be very hard to except these two show to come to a end wich i hope they never do,,,,but i think you get gibbs a Wife so he can recrate the family he lost,,,so it has to be someone similer to shannon,,,he needs a family and she could be across between shannon an ziva,,,an he will be happy,,you know some one like abbagaile born you know the coast gard woman you on the she show a while back,,,she would be the best forr gibbs an they can work togeather an she reminds me a bit if ziva,,like having contacts to get things done i mean,,,an they look good together also she”s a bit like shannon,,,his first wife so if you could mke this happen it just make the show just so much better,,,cos i beleive everybody need somebody an she is his,,,also tell tony to stop picking on magee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Helen Pollard says:

I left a few words out,,,i mean ziva is the best actress i”ve seen in a long time,,,,an i dont want to see her leave the show…. so sorry for the mix up,,,thats why i needed to repost this…!!!

• Samantha says:

Yes, I agree. Cote de Pablo is the most amazing and the most beautiful actress in Hollywood. NCIS is very lucky to have her.

40. Chengetai says:

Ziva rocks my world. Gibbs is è brains
    Ziva is è fighter
    McGee is é hacker
    Tonny what is he???

41. nick says:

A 3 some “Fantasy ” for Tony a little clishe.but hell if it brings in ratings. I would love to see a distrust between zivas mentor and gibbs. He should have some past connection just to show how small the world really is. Have zivas mentor crush on mik
    e franks but have nothing come of it as a possible plot twister in maybe later seasons

42. Scott says:

Interesting choice of names. Worldwide, 40% of people named Lisson are in Canada. The only Central/South American country with any number of Lissons is Venezuela, and that is only 3%. Her first name Monique would suggest that she is French-Canadian. How she came to be in Central America – or close friends with a Mossad agent – will be a good story. I hope the writers do their research.

43. rachelw says:

What a fantastic choice!! This will be a wonderful arc, for Ziva and for us! Bravo indeed.

44. ann says:

We really need more McGee. Even though I enjoy the Tony stuff. It should start to be McGees turn to shine.

45. Shane says:

Amen…my thoughts exactly

46. What? More Ziva?! says:

OMG! How much MORE do we need to know about Ziva’s life? There’s barely anything we DON’T know! Her childhood, her father, her brother, her romances, her Mossad friends, her views on the world, her anger issues… Give it a rest already and let someone ELSE have the focus of the stories.

Poor old Abby. Been in the show since day one, and we haven’t met one family member so far, unlike Ziva whose granny and great aunt they’ll be wheeling out next.

Abby got one vague plotline in ONE ep at the beginning of the season and that’s it. In the meantime, Ziva has had a romance and saved the world umpteen times.

If I were Pauley Perrette I’d just resign. Or Sean Murray or David McCallum come to that. Their work isn’t appreciated by the producers or writers.

They should just rename NCIS “The Gibbs and Ziva Adventure Show” and have done with. Tony’s only there for comic relief and to mope around being sad about his life so Gibbs can give him sage advice – and to be a love interest for Ziva. MW should resign too – his future is only to be an adjunct to Ziva and all his storylines revolve around her anyway now. Poor sap. MW deserves better – I’m sure he could get his own show if he left now, but if he stays he’ll
    stop being a character in his own right at all.

The only two characters allowed to be the heroes on this show are Gibbs and Ziva.

It’s become so BORING. I thought GG promised us a return to the team? So far all I’m seeing is soap plotlines and an endless focus on ZIVA ZIVA TIVA ZIVA with a side order of Gibbs.

• Heather says:

Love Ziva. She is my favorite character of all time. She’s the reason my family loves NCIS so much. Please keep Ziva backstories coming. I want to know what exactly happened to her mom Rivka, sister Tali, Samuel Rubenstein, Aunt Netti … so full of mysteries..

47. Stu Wright says:

This should be fun. Cote De Pablo…(aka Ziva) is the classiest woman in the world today…

48. Carol says:

I think Mark Harmon and Jamie Lee curtis were a perfect fit, would like to see her on more shows. Please lets keep Ziva and Tony just
    like they are, love each other but will not admit to it, always there for each other. Best show on TV, the whole cast just fits.

• WTF? says:

Always there for each other? Like when she knocked him down when he had a broken arm and held a gun to his chest? Yeah. Right. You Tiva fans are utterly deluded.

• Carley says:

Been a Tiva shipper, but after watching his horny behavior with EJ, Wendy & that Russian spy lately, I think Ziva deserves someone better.

49. cc says:

I love NCIS ! I have seen reruns so many times. lol Its on almost everyday here, on channel USA….then sometimes they have a marathon on one of the days during the weekend. They also have a mini marathon during the weekday on Tuesdays on USA, (which interferes with the main show (news ones), on another station at 8pm. They should have it on another day , so you don’t have to miss any of it. lol Yep, totally addicted. Love it….the new ones and old ones.

50. Maria says:

In NOTB/the season premiere, didn’t Ziva say she was asking for time off to go to Central America? It sounded like the friend is not visiting Ziva in DC, but rather Ziva is visiting her in Central America.