Pilot Scoop: Mamie Gummer Gets First Cut, Anthony Anderson Joins NBC Comedy and More

Mamie Gummer has landed a starring role in The CW’s medical drama pilot First Cut.

The actress — who’s currently recurring on The Good Wife — will play a new doctor who is glad to leave her nerdy past behind. Unfortunately, she discovers that life at the hospital is not that different from high school. Justin Hartley (Smallville) co-stars as a golden boy surgical intern.

Jennie Snyder Urman (90210, Gilmore Girls) penned the pilot with Dan Jinks (Pushing Diasies) exec producing.

Gummer previously starred as a doc on ABC’s short-lived Off the Map.

In other pilot news from our sister site Deadline:

• Anthony Anderson (Law & Order, The Shield) is going back to his comedy roots with a role in Jimmy Fallon’s NBC sitcom pilot DILFs. He’ll play one of three thirtysomething guys who enjoy the adventures of parenting even though they haven’t grown up themselves.

• Newcomer Megan Ketch has landed the lead in Gotham, an ABC drama written by Michael Green (The River, Kings) about a detective who discovers that New York has a secret magical history.

• Adan Canto has joined the cast of Fox’s untitled Kevin Williamson drama pilot about an ex-FBI agent (Kevin Bacon) searching for a serial killer (James Purefoy). Canto will play Billy, a friend who helps keep the killer’s last intended victim safe.

Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?

1. ggny says:

CW is putting together a good cast but i doubt it makes it to air

• Sam says:

I’m pretty impressed with the cast so far and kind of can’t wait for this show, so I realllly hope you’re wrong! :)

• ed says:

it doesnt matter if the show gets picked up. itll never do well because the cw doesnt know how to make an effective schedule. they’ll probably air it after one of their dieing shows like they did with hart od dixie and ringer. And like them itll likely average under 1.5 mill..

• HP says:

Same here sam, I hope this show get picked up, this casting alone is enough for me to watch though I would like the writing to be good. No, this show has to be picked up and they cancel the old bore shows like 90210 and Gossip girl.

• rob says:

does anybody know if first cut got picked up?

2. Alice says:

Loved her on Off the Map. And the show Gotham sounds interesting, I loved Kings, so hopefully the writing will be just as good.

3. Amy says:

Thanks for actually writing about Mamie and not mentioning her mother. (Who I adore, but has nothing to do with this show. The 1st article I read on another site mentioned Meryl’s Oscar before Mamie, the show, or the CW.)

I like the cast, how it makes it to air.

4. Fabian says:

Sounds like a good show. I wish they would make more shows like Scrubs. And I also wish that The CW would get good ratings. They do have some good shows!

5. lalez says:

i really hope this show gets picked up … it really sounds like thecw is aspiring to get better
    and yes props for not shoving us in the face with meryl. mamie is her own person and if she wanted to constantly hear about her mom she would have changed her name ;)

6. Mandy says:

She is such a talent! I would watch her in anything. She was the best part of Off The Map and a highlight on The Good Wife. Can’t wait to check this show out.