Scoop: Once Upon a Time Sends Prince Charming and Rumpelstiltskin to [Spoiler]

Get More: News, PaleyFest, Scoop

Once Upon a Time SpoilersAfter screening tonight’s Once Upon a Time, in which Grumpy’s real name is revealed (as well as how he got his unfortunate new one), plus previewing the first act of the upcoming Red/Ruby-centric hour, the show’s cast and creators took to the stage at PaleyFest 2012 to dole out the spoilers.

First and foremost: As Raphael Sbarge (Archie/Jiminy Cricket) revealed, David and Mr. Gold are headed for his shrink’s couch. “David’s got problems,” laughed Josh Dallas, Prince Charming’s portrayer. As for “the beast,” the modern-day Rumpelstiltskin “doesn’t have anyone else to talk to,” noted Robert Carlyle, who plays him.

What else came out during the Q&A, moderated by TVLine’s own Matt Webb Mitovich?

* Emma isn’t going to start to believe Henry’s tall tales anytime soon. However, Jennifer Morrison teased that at least “she’s gonna start to think something’s up. She’s [just] not sure what.”

* Kathryn’s absence will be more of a hindrance than a help to the romance of David and Mary Margaret. “It’s put David in a place,” explained Dallas, “where he feels very guilty and responsible for her disappearance.” And, although her vanishing will be resolved in short order, there’s yet another obstacle ahead!

* We haven’t seen the last of Sidney Glass or Sheriff Graham. Not only does the man in the mirror have an arc before season’s end, but the Huntsman, series co-creator Edward Kitsis reminded fans, “is still very much alive in fairy tale world.”

* Also “before we get to the finale,” Kitsis said, “we’ll be pretty clear on who [mysterious newbie August] is.” Added OUAT co-creator Adam Horowitz, out there in the webisphere, already “someone’s got it right.”

* The root of the Evil Queen’s hatred of Snow White at last will be revealed before this season ends. “Its complication,” noted a cryptic Ginnifer Goodwin, “is what is so beautiful about it.”

* Yes, yes, they will eventually get to the Little Mermaid. “For us,” Kitsis said, “[Ariel] was more of a Season 2 thing.”

* And, last but not least, the Evil Queen’s frienemy, Maleficent, will likely be back. “It would be a disappointment,” Horowitz acknowledged, “if we never saw her again.”

Comments (92)

• I enjoy this show as well as my daughter ang grandchildren. It is a wonderfully written show with suspenseful twists to the tales. We look forward to each and every episode. Thank you to the writters and actors for a job well done.

Comment by Susan Pariseau – March 4, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve read a lot of comments about who people think August is. I wonder which one was correct. I guess I’ll have to re-read some of the postings.

Comment by maggie – March 4, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally I’m thinking he’s Pinocchio.

Comment by Templar – March 4, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think he is Rumple’s son.

Comment by dan – March 5, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh I love this theory!

Comment by lj – March 5, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They’d need a good reason for him living that long. Rumple’s son would be older than Geppetto. In fact, Jane Espenson said the Ogre Wars that Rumple took part in in were “centuries ago”.

Comment by B – March 5, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Its possible to have Baelfire as the stranger. I personally subscribe to this theory. He could have settled in a land where he didn’t age (Neverland, or some place similar) after running away from Rumple. We already know that there are going to be other worlds aside from what we have seen in fairytale land, like Wonderland, so it isn’t a big stretch of the imagination. There are countless stories/myths that the writers to go on to make this work. The only real catch would be figuring out why he wasn’t in Storybrooke. If he escaped the curse in a similar manner as Emma, who helped him?

Comment by Klista – March 8, 2012 12:38 PM PDT
    • I think he’s from the future – and by future I mean he’s Henry as an adult. The name he’s using is a “pen name” – the reason I think this is because Henry is the only one who got out of storybrook without ill effects. August comes in assuming from out of town… Which means he also can come and go – so far… Plus he “knows”.

Comment by Girl77 – March 22, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Graham still alive!! Malifacent coming back!! A Red/ Ruby episode. Best news ever!! I love this show.

Comment by Jessica – March 4, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Graham is dead as a door nail. The Huntsman is the one still alive because they have flashbacks. Hell, now they got me excited seeing him again!

Comment by Leo – March 5, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited to watch the rest of the season! Thank goodness Graham isn’t dead I was so sad about that episode! Can’t wait to find out more! :)

Comment by Audrey – March 4, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Graham is dead, the Huntsman is only alive in flashbacks in Fairytale.

Comment by Templar – March 4, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not necessarily. If someone dies in Storybrooke, are they really dead, or did they return to Fairytale?

Comment by Zach – March 5, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There’s no indication it still exists to return to.

Comment by B – March 5, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How do we know if it does or doesn’t exist? Time is clearly irrelevant as well, or someone dead in Storybrooke would also be dead in Fairytale and we were just told that isn’t the case. Or really, none of this matters anyway if time is non-linear anyhow, so you can stretch this to “anything is possible”. In a world where people slay dragons and another world where fairytale characters live in modern-day Maine, nothing seems too inconceivable. :-)

Comment by dazy – March 6, 2012 12:27 PM PDT
          • Then where is the Mad Hatter? Appears that when he died here, he went back somewhere – Wonderland? (then that blows the theory of one in, one out) He has to be back in Fairytale, trapped in a prism of madness, he thinks is Wonderland – unless he was able to leave Wonderland prior to the Queen’s curse. August is Rumble’s son. The last part of Rumble’s humanity tried to save his son from the curse, by sending him back with Emma. I love the twists and turns, and the writer’s are incredibly talented.

Comment by Terry LaCrosse – April 22, 2012 11:42 AM PDT
        • The writers were very specific in previous interviews that Sheriff Graham is dead. They wanted the viewers to realize that there will be casualties, and that the stakes are high with this curse. If they suddenly brought him back to life it would nullify the very reason for killing him off to begin with. It has also been stated several times that there is no way to bring back the dead, not even with magic. Both Rumplestiltskin and the Genie were very clear on that subject. When the show’s creators stated that Graham was very much alive in fairy tale land as the Huntsman, they meant the flashbacks. We know he interacted with Snow and the Queen, but there is no telling what other stories he could have been included in as well.

Comment by Klista – March 8, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • My guess – he is probably the Huntsman from Little Rad Riding-hood. If I’m right, that means we may even see him on the next episode. I sure hope so.

Comment by ferby – March 9, 2012 05:37 PM PDT
  • I enjoy this show, but I really hope the writers lay-off of the names Disney gave to the fairytale characters. Hans Christian Anderson never named the little mermaid, and calling her “Ariel” cheapens the character and concept of the show. I know Disney owns ABC, but come on, they’re more original than that … at least I hope so.

Comment by Amber – March 4, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree so much on this. I like the Disney movies, but using them as ‘source materiel’ is kind of cheesy. Seems like tie in marketing to me.

Comment by Crittle – March 4, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok this is just lame comment…you do realizes that Disney has made all it’s money on rewriting all these fairy tales. Plus it gives the audience a deeper connection because we feel we all know the story already.

Comment by Liz – March 4, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed liz, what is great about the show is that it’s taking a spin on the stories and disney movies many of us grew up watching

Comment by jenna – March 5, 2012 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, Jenna, many of us actually grew up reading the original stories. I agree that using the Disney names cheapens the show. Disney is already so commercialized, I wish they’d just stay out of this show.

Comment by adriene – March 5, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • So what if it is marketing? Shows need marketing to survive. It is entirely possible that without the Disney aspects the show wouldn’t be as popular as it is now. It may not have had the ratings, and it could have been well on its way to being canceled by now. I find using some of the more popular Disney imagery, while still adding a whole new take on the stories themselves, to be a clever move. It is a great way for those who didn’t grow up with the original stories to still be able to recognize/identify with the characters. Let face it, while quite of few of us did grow up on the original tales, there is still a large group of viewers who likely don’t have a clue about Grimm, Andersen, etc. The producers would need to target that audience as well. It’s just good business.

Comment by Klista – March 8, 2012 01:20 PM PDT
    • Too late. The original Grimm story left the dwarves unnamed, Belle was not always the name in Beauty and the Beast, they used the set decorations in the Beauty and the Beast episode to convey that the ‘Sorcerer’ (an entirely Disney creation) is in this universe because of the presence of his hat AND each of the enchanted objects was in the house too just sans personas, the dark fairy of Sleeping Beauty was unnamed (Maleficent is another Disney only monicker). In fact, many of the villains and heroes of fairy tales have no name so they can be more ‘universal’ to the audience. Since ABC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney it is no surprise that the Disney produced Once Upon A Time would use Disney licensed characters.

Comment by Zack B – March 5, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t feel like the characters are as Disney imagined them. However, I think for the purposes of OUAT, the characters need names, so it makes sense to go with the Disney names. I definitely think that all of these characters and their stories are depicted in ways that are darker and more true to the Grimm fables than the Disney versions.

Comment by the girl – March 5, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Re: Belle…another liberty they are taking is making her Australian. Isn’t she supposed to be French, or could EdR not do a French accent?

Comment by jennrae – March 5, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A few mistakes that I just have to correct: The name of the beauty was just Beauty. As the story came from France it’s safe to say thet Belle indeed WAS her original name. I think Disney prefered using that name as an homage to the origins of the story or becuase it just sounds better. Also, the Sorcerer is in no way a Disney creation. That was actualy one of the few stories in Fantasia that followed closely the original story behind the music, with the exeption of the apprentice being an iconic mouse.
        As for the names in OUAP, it only fits they’d be Disney’s, as the stories themselves are based on their Disney’s version, not on the original ones. Most notably – Snow White’s story. Here, she’s awakened by her true love’s kiss instead of the poisonous apple’s bite dislodging her throate when the prince’s servents accidently drop her glass coffin, as it was told in the original story (meaning she “died” of choking, as the poison was never digested).
        It does’nt make any sense to base only some of the stories on the Disney’s versions. It’s all or nothing. I agree it cheapens some of the stories but at this point, a change like that would’nt help, and would only seem forced and out of place.

Comment by ferby – March 6, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amber I totally agree. But that doesn’t seem like it is going to happen. This seems to be a completely “Disney” reimagining of the stories. Otherwise the “Little Mermaid” would be dead and I don’t see that happening in the show. The great thing about the originals was that it wasn’t about how LOVE always “won” It was how sometimes, real life happened. Her true love married someone else. She did not want to murder him and his new wife so she dissolved and only after was she given a soul… But after this last episode with the whistle while you work and the Disney song…I really doubt it will happen. Keep an eye out for the crazy Jamaican crab!

Comment by SarahR – March 5, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? You can’t see the evil queen tricking Ariel and her ending up dead? Because in this show, I totally could.

Comment by Lauren K – March 5, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This program deserves to be renewed as quickly as possible.IMO:Once upon a time has been one of the most pleasant surprises thus far this tv season. It is very well-done. The way they have weaved in between both worlds(fairytale & modern) is a credit to its’ writers. OUAT is one of my favorite programs which has truly gotten better with each episode. With the vast wealth of fairytale material available to its’ writers- Once upon a time should last for several seasons.Thank you.

Comment by jennifer – March 4, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *not inbetween*,but,how the story of both worlds(fairytale/modern) has been weaved together* sorry

Comment by jennifer – March 4, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Maleficent will be back!

Comment by Nicoletta – March 4, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maleficent back, Wonderland episode, August revelation, Sheriff Graham back, and Ariel! This show is awesome. Recreating my childhood in such a unique way.

I wonder if Ursula is gonna be included when they do Little Mermaid. That would be something interesting to see (you know, cause of the whole octopus thing).

Comment by A – March 4, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Huntsman is going to be back. They said he is still alive in the Fairy Tale World. Sheriff Graham most likely not so much.
      Lana Parrilla said she would love to turn into Ursula for the little mermaid episode, so we’ll see if they really do go there. ;)

Comment by Catherine – March 5, 2012 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Ursula was on already. In “Skin Deep,” when Mayor Regina went into the basement asylum to check on Belle, the nurse had hair that looked an awful lot like tentacles.

Comment by Zach – March 5, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Speaking of tentacles, did anyone else think that Nova the fairy was wearing a giant jellyfish?

Comment by Templar – March 5, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Make Ruby a regular for God’s sake!

Comment by Flave – March 4, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PLEASE! I LOVE HER!

Comment by Barbie – March 5, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was there, and Lana Parilla asked, “Can I please turn into Ursula at some point?”

Comment by I – March 4, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We cover Once Upon a Time at OnMyDVR.com and in my recap last week, I announced my theory that the Stranger is Rumpelstiltskin’s son, all grown up. Until proven otherwise, I am taking Horowitz’s shout out that someone on the blogs got it right as a personal acknowledgement =)

Comment by TV Watcher – March 4, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore this show BUT…..

I wish they’d lay off the “true love is the meaning of everything” stuff. Its getting a bit heavy-handed and suffocating me as a viewer (and my family). We get its based on fairy tales, but I want there to be more in these characters lives than just pining after their true love.

Comment by pv – March 4, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. They’re really pushing it a bit with that. I miss the days when Snow White was a kick ass character. Nowadays she’s really only pining for her prince, which is getting a bit boring.

Comment by Catherine – March 5, 2012 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think they focus on it enough, personally. True love is the basis of most fairy tales. While I do wish MM is more like Snow, it goes to stand that the Evil Queen would make her as little like Snow as possible. I think MM pining for a guy who she loves but can’t have in the “real” world more believable. To love someone you can’t be with? Who would want that?

Comment by Nicole – March 5, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry Nicole, but true love isn’t the basis of fairy tales, only the Disney’s versions of them. Most of the original stories are dark and are intended to teach us hursh lessons. I don’t have a problem with love, or with broken hearts, but I hate the overused consept of “true love”. I much prefer apisodes like “Skin Deep” and characters like Belle. She understands that love isn’t instantaneous but takes it’s time to grow. Also, she isn’t blind, but well awere of Rumple’s evilness, and even when he broke her heart she remained faithfull to her love for him, which is why she’s the only one so far to outdone him. And, unlike Snow who chose to forget her troubles, Belle kept strong and held herself bravely and proudly, as was seen on “Dreamy”.

Comment by ferby – March 6, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope August is Rumpelstiltskin’s son and if so, I also hope he doesn’t turn out to be evil…

Comment by Sarah – March 4, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really think August is one of the brothers grimm……how else would he be able to recreate the once upon a time book so easily?

Comment by claire – March 4, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great series! yawn-y spoiler.

Comment by sara – March 4, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rumpelstiltskin’s son makes more sense in terms of why he exists in Storybrooke, but Grimm makes more sense in terms of being a writer and knowing the book, etc…what if Rumpelstiltskin’s son is a “Grimm” brother. After all, pen names aren’t uncommon, and The Brothers Grimm, Grimm’s fairytales, the writer’s real name could have been Smith. :)

Comment by Beckstle – March 4, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Brother’s Grimm didn’t write the fairy tales. They only put into print folk tales that had been around for generations. And Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were their real names.

Comment by Templar – March 5, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am not sure why everyone gets the ideas that the Grimm brothers were the only people collecting folk stories and fairy tales. Charles Perrault wrote the first published “Sleeping Beauty” as well as published Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella about 200 years before the Grimm Brothers as the “Tales of Mother Goose” Yes, Rumple and Rapunzel would Grimm but Beauty and the Beast was a French story that the Grimm Brothers had nothing to do with. Just an FYI on the stories…they were around before the Grimm Brothers and just because NBC has Grimms lets hope ABC doesn’t have to follow suit.

Comment by SarahR – March 5, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t get it either. The Grimms didn’t create the stories just put them all in the same book. Plus they were born in the late 1700′s. Pretty sure most of the stories were first told before then.

Comment by Kira – March 5, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly,Once upon a time is one of the few programs I actually am eager to watch each week. Yes,they lay it on thick with the true love stuff,but,so what? I just go with it and have fun. You can truly escape into another world when watching this show-it’s so much fun. Having Jennifer(formerly of House) on it just makes it ever more delicious. House wasn’t as much fun without her. I’m really glad this talented actress wound up on OUAT. I just hope her character continues to broaden & she is given even more to do.

Comment by princess – March 4, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Jennifer-Emma I love you!

Comment by Craig M. B. – March 4, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show!! I just hope it doesn’t end like a lot of other really good shows did. It needs to have what all of those fairytale books have, “Happily ever after”!!!

Comment by Darah – March 5, 2012 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think august is Rumpel’s son and since Rumpel is centeries old, I’m also betting he’ll end up being peter pan. I wonder if the huntsman knew Belle since they both at some point where captured by the queen.

Comment by kelly – March 5, 2012 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could be but I think the Huntsman wouldn’t end up in the Queen’s dungeon or something. She kept him around as her “boy toy” (as Matt called it yesterday) whereas she probably didn’t bother much with Belle and just had her locked up somewhere.

Comment by Catherine – March 5, 2012 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else frustrated with this show? Their really doesn’ t seem to be much of a push in the narrative for me. Also, I’d really like to see the Queen get some comeuppance.

Comment by baj24 – March 5, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still enjoy the show, but I’m not as enamored with it as I was when it first started. In fact, sometimes I wish we could just stay in Fairytale land because the characters in Storybrooke can be so dense (I’m looking at you David).

Comment by ADC – March 5, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, the Storybrooke side seems to move so much slower than in Farytale land. But shout out to Amy Ackers! Love her and I hope they can bring her back for more!!!

Comment by Brigitte – March 5, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This ‘spoiler’ is making me nervous. If Emma is still in the dark at the beginning of season two, then the show will have lost me. The ideal arch for a show like this is: Season 1 Emma arrives and discovers her truth, Season 2 Emma begins awakening the various people of Storybrooke, Season 3 sides are drawn as some characters find themselves torn between the pages of our world and theirs, Season 4 magic starts to spill into our world due to the disruption of the curse releasing things like Dragons and returning some of the powers to the fairies/dwarves/etc., Season 5 the two worlds have merged to the point that the curse must be broken and the truth about how to do so is revealed (likely Henry has to be killed as he has become the substitute ‘heart’ for Regina’s curse), making way for Season 6 the last desperate push to save both worlds from Regina without killing Henry. Seasons beyond that are unwise and unsustainable, but could work as the characters begin to live in the fairytale world, but residual memories from their time in Storybrooke keeps screwing with their happy endings.

Comment by Zack B – March 5, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Great post!!!!

Comment by Alex – March 5, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So basically LOST??

I completely agree.

Comment by Sammy – March 5, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, Zack, could you please – pretty please – be one of the writers???? You’d do a far better job than they are doing. Love your planning and thinking… makes so much more sense than the jumping back and forth they are doing now. Emma can’t go on being so dense and so obtuse about accepting what is happening, and she’s not the only one with blinders on. Love YOUR ideas!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – March 5, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d like that…obviously I’d like some things to be different but I like the trajectory. The show needs movement. N more “random fairy tale” centric episodes unless they move either the Storybrooke or Fairy tale forward(like Belle’s episode…the episode focused on a “random” fairy tale character(ie a non-main plot character) but it moved two storylines forward in both worlds.

Comment by Josh – March 5, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Wanted to see the Huntsman again, I’m still so sad that Graham is dead :(

Comment by Cynthia – March 5, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In sundays ep, when MM and Leeroy went door to door and that dude with a carrot opened the door and then his wife came to the door as well, did anyone else think that was Roger and Jessica Rabbit?

Comment by JJ – March 5, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. I’m convinced they were Jack Sprat and his wife. “Jack Sprat could eat no fat [carrot], his wife could eat no lean [she was a chubbo]. And so, between the two of them, they licked the platter clean.”

Comment by Templar – March 5, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ahh thanks for clarifying that, i was latching onto the fact that characters in SB are complete opposites of the FT characters and so Jessica rabbit was on the ‘larger’ side, that and the carrot obvs!

Comment by JJ – March 5, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show really needs movement or it needs to add more layers to it’s characters. It’s a very good show but neither the plot or the characters are strong enough to have Emma go three seasons without believing Henry…

Comment by Josh – March 5, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with this. She needs to start believing him!

Comment by Barbie – March 5, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think August is Henry only older obviously. I don’t know how that would work but that is who August reminds me of.

Comment by Kat – March 5, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But that would be weird seeing as it seems they’re trying to put a romantic vibe between August and Emma.

Comment by Tracie – March 6, 2012 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think August could possibly be Pinocchio. Remember when they went to the well he did tell Emma that he does not lie?

Comment by JR – March 6, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still waiting for the little matchstick girl to show up as a pyromaniac given what they have done to Red Riding Hood.

Comment by Steve Z – March 5, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh good question! But she did squeeze his heart, the same one from Fairtytale World, so that would kill him wouldn’t it??

Comment by Kitty – March 5, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think he is rumpels son, or a grimm or whatever.. I think he is from wizard of oz… august – gust… = wind.. plates are from kansas… warned that a storm was coming… he is from wizard of oz…

Comment by melissa – March 6, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I posted that a few weeks ago, too. Booth = man behind the curtain = The Wizard.

Comment by Templar – March 6, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • didn’t the writers rule out older henry,the author and pinocchio(wooden
    mailbox in storybrook)? thought august might be the huntsman’s wolf friend but rumple’s son is beginning to make sense. funny. rumple & david in psychotherapy

Comment by jen – March 8, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think August is Henry, grown up.

As for the Disney references, remember Disney owns ABC.

Comment by curtis – March 12, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think August is Henry, grown up.

Comment by curtis – March 12, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! Someone who has the same theory as I do. Thanks!!

Comment by curtis – March 13, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if maybe the writer, August that came to Storyville is one of the Brothers Grimm. The writer of all the stories and maybe he has control over everything. He’s got that typewriter and he’s the only one that came from outside the town other than Emma.

Love the name references in the show. Blanchard for Snow White and Ruby for Red RidIng Hood. Regina – the evil queen,

So what clue is there in the name August Booth? hmmmm. August means noble. Maybe he’s not a Grimm, maybe he’s a King. King Arthur?
    I also wonder about the name Emma Swan and who that is a reference to.

Comment by Jill – March 13, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Emma Swan sounds like I’m a swan = swan princess???

Comment by Brandie – March 14, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read an article with the writers of the show, and they said he is not the writer of the book.

Comment by Carolyn – March 20, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with all that. I think there is a clue in the make August W. Booth. And the Swann name has got to mean something. I’m sure the typewriter is significant, and the thought of him ne a Brother Grimm did cross my mind, but I’m sticking with the grown-up Henry theory until something happens to change that.

Comment by curtis – March 14, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then their date was not good at all. LOL!

Comment by Carolyn – March 20, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I would have never started watching if I wasn’t familiar with the Disney names, as I didn’t grow up reading Grimm stories.

Comment by Beatriz – March 19, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would just like to say that the Belle episode was the absolute best! That’s what really got me hooked. The story was hopelessly intriguing! More episodes like that would be most welcome.

Comment by Brooke – March 20, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So really someone has it right. I have heard lots of guesses but now its been verified one of them are correct I have to go with its Pinocchio. The theory I read was that Gheppeto put him in there, since he was the creator he knew “tricks” so more then one could go, and when Emma came through Pinocchio is the 7 year old that found her. It explains why August was able to grow up, also why Gheppeto doesnt have a son, and why he knows the story.

Comment by Carolyn – March 20, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody has mentioned the Queen of Hearts and WHO she is?! They kept her face covered AND Regina was afraid of her! AND, now Regina has her repository of hearts or so it appears! Who is the Queen of Hearts and is she more powerful than Regina? How did Regina get her ‘hearts’?

And, I can’t WAIT to find out who August is!!!

Comment by Brain Droppings... – April 8, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may have already been mentioned…if so, sorry…..But the basis of the story is that no one new comes to SB except for Emma……but Henry was born elsewhere then adopted by Regina…so he obviously also was once new to SB…..now August has come to SB from parts unknown…..could he be an all grown up Henry? There are many connections….

Comment by Cassie – April 9, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post