Ratings: Who Do You Think You Are? Hits High, Grimm Surges, Gifted Man Finale Up

NBC is singing a happy tune this morning, as a Reba McEntire-centric edition of Who Do You Think You Are? soared 50 percent week-to-week to deliver the family tree-climbing series’ largest audience ever, with 7.6 million total viewers. And the show’s 1.5 demo rating marks its best tally there since March 2010.

Leading out of WDYTYA — and with both Fringe and Supernatural out of the mix this week — Grimm (5.6 mil/1.7) saw gains of 17 and 13 percent, tying Primetime: What Would You Do? for the 9 o’clock demo win.

Elsewhere:

* Undercover Boss led the 8 o’clock hour with 9.5 mil and a 2.0, up 9 percent and a tenth. That teed up up the Gifted Man finale (9.7 mil/1.5) for gains of 8 and 15 percent. Blue Bloods was flat at 11.4 mil/1.7, but led the night in total viewers.

* Shark Tank (6.1 mil/1.7) added a few viewers but dipped a tenth in the demo.

1. ken says:

wow, grimm might see a second season with those ratings.

2. Ashlyn says:

Hooray for Grimm! This is the best drama on the NBC schedule, so I hope they do right by it and do all they can to see it succeed.

3. Sarah says:

I really look forward to Grimm.
    Fridays don’t suck that much anymore.

4. Liz says:

Weird how it says 0 comments, but I see 3 of them as I’m typing this. Anyays, yay for WDYTYA. Highest rating ever, that’s awesome.

5. tvaddict says:

Happy for Grimm, I DVR it when there isn’t a conflict with Supernatural and/or Fringe. All 3 shows are really good

6. Martina says:

Grimm was great last night, A gifted man had a series finale feel to it, if it’s not renewed then it will feel like closure.

• Kate says:

I felt totally different about A Gifted Man. I didn’t think it had a final feel at all. Is the ex-wife really gone now that the lady with her heart died? How will Michael react to that? What about Kate? Will her marriage work out or not? Since it’s been pretty clear for a while that the show probably won’t be coming back, I was hoping for more resolution.

7. Joanne says:

I like the Friday night line up on NBC. A Gifted Man got better and better, CSI NY(the best of the CSI series due to spectacular acting from Sinise) and Blue Blood. TV on Friday night became actually good and watchable.

• The Hell Were You Thinking? says:

Wrong channel. You are talking about CBS. NBC is different from CBS.

• Deb says:

I agree. I like the Friday night lineup of A Gifted Man, CSI-NY & Blue Bloods on CBS. Made Friday nights better for watching television. Feel like A Gifted Man was getting better. Too bad it’s not looking good for it to return.

• Stacey jones says:

I totally agree. Looked forward to a gifted man …which was one of the best shows on a Friday night and now it cancelled ? What a shame.

8. Karrie says:

I love ‘The Gifted Man’ and I hope it gets another season but with less ghost!

• Angela Marsh says:

I love the show a gifted man.its different from the same ole.I look forward every wk to the show. I love Dr. Holts character, along with the other castmates.I sure hope the show is brought back.I am a big fan of Patrick Wilson,&Jennifer Ehle.Its nice to see a great family show, instead of all of the reality nonsense of nobodys,we have to be subjected to,everytime we turn on our television sets.there are fans of the show,who will be dissapointed, if it is cancelled.please bring it back

9. Laurel says:

I really like Grimm, I hope it gets a second season.

10. kevin says:

I’ll continue to watch Undercover Boss On Demand as well as Fringe when the sci-fi series returns March 23rd. Hope CBS has the guts to canceled A Gifted Man ’cause I’m not a big fan of Patrick Wilson. :(

11. tory says:

You know, I was excited for Grimm when I first heard about it last year…….I watched a few episodes and was soooooooooo disappointed. Knowing who this series was coming from, It totally fails on visual effects alone. I mean, they could do so much more with it. The transitions b/w the creatures to their human forms are so amateurish. I mean, this goes well in the past and seems to appear no advances have been made in special effects b/c they use the CGI so poorly. there is no illusion that it’s real b/c you can see it done so poorly it just jumps out at you. The premise is great, but on special effects alone, I had to quit watching it……..

12. Renee says:

I’m really glad Grimm did well. Can anybody tell me when that episode might be on again? I had nothing but tornado coverage all night long. And I really wanted to watch that episode.

13. kirads09 says:

I am so happy for Grimm. Last night’s episode was F-A-N-T-A-S-I-C!
    We learned quite a bit about Nick as well as the Captain! It was very revealing.
    Just makes me want more!

14. kirads09 says:

meant fantastic. Sorry.

15. Ethel says:

ratings should be taken with a grain of salt this week. Most of the stations in the tornado zone spent the entire night doing live broadcasts,very little network programming.Guess the tornado warnings/watches were more important this week than Who Do you Think you Are. I watched Blue Bloods this morning online so my viewing will not count in the ratings

16. jeff ceragno says:

A Gifted Man has finally started to gain momentum….Great lead in show to Blue Bloods. I hope Gifted Man gets its second season. Great Chemistry between Michael and Kate.

17. JettaJameson says:

I love Grimm. Between it and Nikita, Friday nights are quality television. I sincerely hope it gets a second season, and that Nikita gets a third. I don’t know what I’ll do without a weekly dose of the GORGEOUS David Giuntoli. He’s the main reason I watch. He does things to me. So sexy.

18. barbara says:

I like Fringe, Grimm, and A Gifted Man! In that order, so can I win? They’re all on at the same time, does this mean that there will be a likelihood that one will be cancelled? I worry about things like this. Why don’t the networks put shows in different time slots rather than canceling a show?
    A Gifted Man is pulling in ratings that I didn’t think it would, but go figure. I like it, I just never thought it would be that popular. I really loved Rubicon and WonderFalls, too!

19. Kelly says:

I don’t think we can read too much into those ratings for Grimm when both Fringe & Supernatural were off for the week. What I get from the numbers is proof that putting 3 genre shows on at the same time is not helping the ratings of any of them.

20. Robin says:

Of course Who Do You Think You Are had awesome ratings it was Reba! REBA! I love her…and I think its pretty obvious many many others do as well! :)

Unfortunately I had to watch it On Demand tonight because our local NBC station had coverage going from the tornadoes that had came through our area earlier in the day… :/

21. Nonnaru says:

I would love to see Titus Williver as one of the subjects on next seasons batch of Who Do You Think You Are?. I lknow the Williver line can be traced back to at least 1609 but what about going back on the sided of some of the “great grandmothers”

22. Michelle says:

I love the who do you think you are /Grimm combo on Fridays because it gives me something to look forward to for once on tv on Fridays. WDYTYA is so interesting and inspiring. Grimm is different and intriguing. Silas Weir Mitchell doesn’t get enough screen time, though. :)

23. Velvet says:

I love Grimm but can only watch it on TV when either Supernatural or Fringe are repeats or off air. Otherwise, I have to watch it online.

24. peggy braun says:

Grimm is best weekly tv series I’ve seen in years. Don’t cancel

25. Jennifer Littrell says:

HATE GRIMM, care less about Blue Bood but LOVE “A GIFTED MAN” !!!!!
    DO NOT CANCEL A GIFTED MAN. PLEASE