Vampire Diaries Hot Shots: Cassidy Freeman Teams With Damon! Plus: Meredith [SPOILER]!

Cassidy Freeman will make her presence known on The Vampire Diaries come March 22 (The CW, 8/7c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at her visit to Mystic Falls in the present. Oh, and brace yourself for the mother of all Meredith twists!

First Look: Vampire Diaries Flashes Back to 1912 With Damon, Stefan and Cassidy Freeman

After appearing in flashbacks in the March 15 episode “1912,” the Smallville alumna’s vampire Sage will meet up with her old pal Damon a century later in 2012. The return of the beautiful friend — and possible flame? — doesn’t seem to please Rebekah, and we can’t imagine she’ll be much happier if and when she finds out the two are plotting to find out what she’s really up to.

But the biggest revelation in the following photo gallery concerns a twist in the Meredith story. Warning: The last picture contains a major spoiler, so think before you click! And if you do click, hit the comments to share your theories! Is it really what it appears to be?

1. Liz says:

Did she? OMG Did she kill Ric? She better not have killed Ric.

2. Allison says:

Knowing Vampire Diaries, she’s not really dead.

3. sarah says:

Meredith will fake her death or if she is alive will have injured herself on purpose to take the heat of her as she will be a suspect. I still say she is the killer

4. Ari says:

That spoiler was not huge. I was expecting something big and instead it was about a character I could care less about. Either way, I’m totally excited for more TVD in my life!

5. Catherine says:

If they are releasing a picture of Meredith covered in blood, my guess would be that she does not die. At least not at that point or in that episode.

6. Meg says:

She is totally trying to suicide. Do not tell me you wouldn’t think of it if you lived in Mystic falls. Rather kill myself than get mauled by the ‘animal attacks’ But seriously who done cut Meredith up?

7. Martin says:

she was brainwashed by a vampire.

8. theJadedRogue says:

I think the picture of CF doing that little dance melted my keyboard

I’ll be in my bunk…..

9. Katy says:

Yuck, I can’t stand Cassidy Freeman, so not looking forward to her being in another of my fave shows! As for Meredith, I doubt it will be what it seems to be, otherwise why release the pic 3 weeks before it is due to air? What I’m interested in is Stefan in the mirror, as far as I’m aware (and I could be wrong), he hasn’t as of yet shared screen time with his other half….

10. EE says:

I think she gets staked while trying to kill a vamp and goes to Rick for help but he’s not there and then trys to “fix” herself in Elana’s bathroom. I really don’t care for her or her story line so hopefully they just kill her off and move on so Rick can have someone nice for a change.

11. no one needs to know says:

maybe she shot ric then staked herself to make it look like she’s the victim. btw writers of tvd give ric a break. i swear to goodness i’ve seen him die so many times this season. that ring has got to give sometime soon. is ric the go to guy for death. my goodness what you need to do is keep every original excpet ester or bring back mikael somehow. bring jeremy back in the picture. give bonnie a love scene… give bonnie a man… give bonnie a reason to be in an episode other than to save elena which ends up hurting her in someway. i am excited to see what goes down now that bonnie’s mom is a vamp and i love persia white!

12. nancylovesdamon says:

Sage and Damon look HOT together.
    I remember the actress from Smallville, she was great.
    About time they brought on a red head.
    But where is Katherine? So many bad girls, where is she?

13. Tracy says:

I like Damon and Rebekah together she’s bad enough to keep up with him. But i agree with the other comment bring back Katherine!

• Quinn says:

I’m actually surprised that I wouldn’t mind Rebekah and Damon together. they both seem very loyal to people they love and yet enough stubborn to keep up with each other. way better than elena breaking his heart every week.

• tako says:

I like when Damon is with Rebekah. If Elena and Damon will not be together, then why he should be alone ? I also wish to see Caroline and Klaus together and I think their love story will be more interesting than Elena, Stefan and Damon….

14. Fangirling says:

STOP TRYING TO KILL MY SHIP, TVD! I will ship Delena forever…even if I maybe ship Elejah a little on the side, too. Stop hooking him up with unbalanced vampire skanks. :P

15. shannon says:

I totally didnt see it before her name is Sage theres a Sage in the books it totally didnt click in my head. If this sage is half as bad ass as the book Sage im in!

• Judy says:

Sage was a man in the books. So she’s a tranny now?

• Joi says:

This is the second character that they have switched the gender on. In the books, Elena had a little sister named Margaret and inthe show, a brother named Jeremy. I think they made Sage a woman to show that Damon had a mentor for a while too like Stefan and Lexi.

16. lacysos says:

I don’t think she’s dead but how typically TVD!!! The first scene shared by Paul and Torrey, she’s all bloody on the floor. I guess he might save her with vamp blood? Then what? Where’s Ric?

17. Little Scarf Girl says:

I’m also thinking Meredith is the killer, but is faking being attacked herself to throw suspicion off. I doubt Sage is the killer – I think she looks interesting, though! I don’t really care for Damon with Rebekah (I’d rather see interaction with Sage instead) but I’m slightly surprised that Stefan wasn’t annoyed about their hookup given the history between he and Rebekah. Didn’t Stefan and Rebekah used to date back in the 20s? Although he hasn’t really seemed that interested in her since she’s come back to life…

18. Sofie says:

yay, Damon has finally cut hit hair, he’s so much hotter now!

19. michelle says:

I think it’s Sage. Does anyone else wonder how Damon could literally wipe out Mystic Falls with sexually transmitted diseases yah know VD?
    Is Stefan ever going to get a little love outside of Elena? I can’t really stand the double standard of Damon being forgiven everything and Stefan being continually crapped on.

20. funkybee says:

Yes I agree. Stefan needs to have a little something on the side.

21. Dl says:

Does anyone remember the medical examiner, the first one killed saying to Meredith that she’ll ruin her career and to be careful, then he was murdered. I wonder what he was talking about, using the Vampire Blood? And why did she have the pictures and all the information on all 3 victims?

22. Dark-Angel says:

the photo with Meredith being “dead” i think its when she was shouting “Alaric thats not you” or something like that when he was chasing her around the house in promo.