Scoop: Fox Moving The Finder to Fridays, Gordon Ramsay's Hotel Hell Pushed to Summer

Get More: News, Scheduling News

The Finder will soon be missing from Fox’s Thursday lineup.

The network announced Thursday that the Bones spinoff will vacate its Thursday perch following the March 8 episode and then move to Fridays at 8/7c beginning April 6, where it will finish off its freshman run. (The Finder previously was scheduled to air its spring finale on March 8, then resume its season at a date TBA.)

Bones Shifts to Monday Nights

Gordon Ramsay’s Hotel Hell, which was originally slated to air Fridays at 8/7c beginning April 6, will now bow over the summer.

Tags: ,

Comments (47)

• Oh I know Hart Hanson ain’t gonna be happy about this.

Comment by Keith – March 2, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He in fact IS happy, look at his twitter feed.

Comment by Jambon – March 2, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t Fox ever set a schedule and stick to it? I really hate the constant juggling act.

Comment by Charissa – March 2, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s how I feel too! Fox has some of the most original programming on TV (if you don’t include American Idol) but their scheduling is usually the worst and they never keep the same show in it’s original timeslot.

Comment by elr – March 3, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait…..so what about Fringe???

Comment by Jay – March 2, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • O wait I read that wrong. Okay.

Comment by Jay – March 2, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My reaction exactly! i think this may either be bad news for The Finder, or good news for Fringe because of the lead in….

Comment by Suhara – March 2, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Hotel Hell was supposed to start April 6 at 8:00 — is it now airing Summer TBD?

Comment by JayKay – March 2, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nevermind, Deadline post answered this (answer is yes)

Comment by JayKay – March 2, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like The Finder. I really hope it finds an audience and that FOX gives it a chance.

Comment by Luminosity – March 2, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think moving it to Friday nights will help it find a new audience. I’ve been wanting to watch this show but with it being on Thursdays, there’s too many shows running against it and no place to add it on my dvr.

Comment by Ann – March 2, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this will help out Fringe. It’s got to be a better lead in for the show than Kitchen Nightmares.

Comment by Jeff – March 2, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definatelly. I doubt they have the same audience

Comment by Annie – March 2, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Porky Pig voice) Th-th-th-that’s all folks!

Comment by Sean – March 2, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Jeff, this could possibly help tick the Fringe ratings up with that as it’s leadin? Silver linings? Not that I watch The Finder but for those that do and also watch Fringe?

Comment by Sarah – March 2, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am only going to keep watching Bones, New Girl, Glee, Fringe and The Finder and then I am done with Fox. When those shows are gone I am too.

Comment by Christine – March 2, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m curious to see how this serves as a lead-in to Fringe as well. Anything will be better than a ‘reality’ program serving as a lead in for a scripted show on a Friday night one would think. But is it me or does this seem like once again FOX killing a show by putting it on at 9PM on a Thursday and then moving it to Friday?

Comment by Chris – March 2, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor The Finder, it’s a decent show, but really lost in the shuffle with all the new mideseason shows…It’s at least a little bit of a better fit with Fringe than Kitchen Nightmares was?

Comment by Alex – March 2, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Putting it on Thursdays was a bad move since there’s just so much else going on. Moving it to Fridays just sounds like Fox execs would cancel it if they had something to replace it with, and why let a doomed show stay on Thursdays.

Comment by lacey – March 2, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure this is going to affect Fringe’s ratings either way, honestly.

Comment by Donna – March 2, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe is dead in the water I’m afraid, especially with the poor ratings…FOX won’t sit on it much longer. I think this will be the last season. Hopefully it will at least get a satisfying end.

Comment by Natalie – March 2, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are Friday spots still seen as the “death act” for shows? I know CBS’s Blue Bloods does great on Friday’s & I love that show. It’ll be very hard if The Finder is pitted against BB – thank goodness for my DVR :) But I agree w/the last commenter – Fox needs to pick a time-slot & stick w/it. Why wait until the show starts up next season (fingers crossed) before moving days?

Comment by Angela – March 2, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the point of moving it to Fridays was so it has a chance to air the rest of its season since Fox’s schedule is really over packed right now. Thursdays at 9 is a really competitive time slot, so moving it to Fridays might actually give it a fighting chance at renewal.

Comment by Alex – March 2, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope you’re right! I’m enjoying the show. I was hoping The Finder & Bones would stick together, but since Bones moved to Monday’s that wasn’t an option.

Comment by Angela – March 2, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Friday is typically the night where shows go to die. It’s just not a popular night for watching t.v., and not a lot of shows that move there succeed. But it just might stand a chance since 8 o’clock there’s not a lot of choices unless you’re into reality programming.

Comment by lacey – March 2, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Finder. It is really funny and corny in a very abnormally awesome way. I really hope Fox gives it a fighting chance. It’s definitely been a show that takes a few episodes to ‘get in to’ and maybe that’s why it’s having a hard time gaining a large audience. People are fickle…they need to be blown away immediately. Unfortunately this show is not that kind of show, HOWEVER it is undoubtedly a diamond in the rough. It has a few not so great points but it also has some really promising ones. I love the quirk the show has and I’m really really rooting for it!

Comment by Natalie – March 2, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bravo! you nailed it. To me its like that when Castle first aired. i was with it day one and they seem like similar tones. Serious where it needs to be , but surprisingly quirky and funny.

I think this show might catch on it they give it a little freedom.

Comment by Kevin – March 2, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you! I randomly watched an episode on OnDemand, watched 4 more back to back, and now I’m hooked!
      I’m holding out hope for renewal, although all signs point to cancellation.
      At the very least we get several more episodes to enjoy for this season.

Comment by megs – March 2, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fridays is where FOX sends shows to die/run off remaining episodes — ask The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse and Prison Break. Doubt this will help Fringe and it’ll probably kill off The Finder — stupid network and stupid “scheduling.”

Comment by Marc – March 2, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello, can you please explain why Fox currently has reruns of House and Alcatraz schedule for March 12th even though they just had new episodes preempted? Also are they going to do the RIGHT thing on March 5th and run the episode that got preempted for Nascar and then the first of the two they already have scheduled? Do they realize it’s not right to mess with episode order (Oh wait I already know the answer to this one re: Firefly)

Comment by DreamRose311 – March 2, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, and can you also answer the question of why Fox seems to have no clue of what they’re doing? (Though I am glad the rest of the episodes of Finder have a spot, because I was worried they’d be pushed to summer for an even larger death sentence, at least now it has a little more of a chance…)

Comment by DreamRose311 – March 2, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO………Finder was FINE where it was. WHY? Thursdays was great.

I HATED the show in that spin-off ep of Bones, but its quickly building its stars chemistry and its a fun, lighter-hearted show. C’mon FOX WTH?

I implore you, give the show a chance. It gets better and funnier each ep.

Dang.

Comment by kevin – March 2, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This could be bad for Nikita.

Comment by Jess – March 2, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously FOX what’s wrong it you!
    The way yr going, it’s straight through NBC’s path…in hell…
    Yr killing every shows y have by switching them all the time or putting them in difficult timeslot…
    Do that with yr stupid American idol instead!!

Comment by J – March 2, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and that’s pretty much a death sentence for TF. Especially such a new show will never find it’s audience on a Friday. I’m bummed that they moved Bones, too :(

Comment by Deena – March 2, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This actually works for me. I really like The Finder and don’t watch anything on Friday at 8. Sooo The Finder 8:00 and Grimm 9:00…I’m good!

Comment by Renee – March 2, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder’s great. Hopefully this will end up being a positive thing and not a negative. Fridays aren’t necessarily death slots.

Comment by Kasper – March 2, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanx! Really like the Finder & will be there. Hey, guys Fringe is dead

Comment by curtlyon – March 2, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, basically Fox is just going to let The Finder finish its run and then it will mysteriously absent from the Fall schedule. Oh well, at least they didn’t ‘Firefly’ it.

Comment by Shane – March 2, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad after reading this. Friday has never been good for Fox, and this is the day good shows die. I really enjoy The Finder, I find it hilarious, and it has a good story line. However, I think it’s time they add a big arc for the show. Right now, all we have is the woman from last episode, and that is basically it. I think they need to add something for one of the main characters that the show can hit immediately. Rather than introducing someone and having them come back later. Fringe is a good show, but it’s time we let it go. Kind of like Chuck, I loved that show, but it was going to end eventually.

Comment by James – March 2, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only reason i care about this is that maybe it will help Fringe get better ratings ^^

Comment by Alex – March 2, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After a rocky start, The Finder has turned into quite a nice show. Looking forward to The Finger/Fringe pairing.

Comment by Melissa29 – March 2, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if The Finder can help out Fringe enough to give it another season (fingers crossed), but that is not a good sign for The Finder’s future.

Comment by em – March 2, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very i wierd paring, but even if the Finder doesn’t help Fringe out much with a lead in, it may help it out, by you know, getting cancelled instead of Fringe

Comment by Emily – March 2, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder lost me when TPTB added the Willa character. I know it was their attempt to bring in the young viewers, but she turns me off completely. I gave the show a shot, but it hasn’t lived up to it’s “pilot” episode on Bones.

Comment by Jon – March 2, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad about this, as it seems moving a show to Fridays is a sure indication of just burning it off. I actually like The Finder- I recently started getting into it through OnDemand and set my dvr to “record all new episodes” just the other day. The whole cast is charming, and it’s just kind of a lighthearted, cool show.
    If it doesn’t work on fox, I think it would do great on TNT or USA. quirky funny lead guy with a diverse group of people assisting- fits right in next to Psych.

Comment by megs – March 2, 2012 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better to land on Fridays during the regular season than be burnt off over the summer. And it’s such a “light” show that Fridays are probably a better fit.

Comment by Dizzle – March 3, 2012 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post