Once Upon a Time Video Sneak Peek: Amy Acker Is Looking Fairy Pink

Angel alum Amy Acker is looking to be a bit of an angel herself on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, as seen in this video clip from Sunday’s fresh episode.

As with many a Once guest star, Acker will tackle dual roles: Astrid, a nun whom Leroy tries to help out in Storybrooke, and Nova, a clumsy pink fairy who enchants Grumpy in the fairytale land that was. As Acker recently alerted us, her costume is “very pink!…. When I saw [it], I was just like, ‘GASP! – I get to wear that?'”

In this clip, the totally adorbs Nova gets some heavenly pointers from the Blue Fairy (played by Keegan Connor Tracy).

(Reminder: Once Upon a Time is holding a panel at PaleyFest this Sunday in Beverly Hills, and yours truly is moderating the whole shebang. If you happen to be going, be sure to say hello!)

1. RyanD says:

Ah man, I love Amy Acker. Between casting Amy Acker/Emma Caulfield, and including Alice in Wonderland to the mythology, this show is rapidly becoming a new favourite!

2. fotreya says:

That scene was……….was……..I don’t know what to say LOL
    I love you OUAT, you are incredible, very enjoyable.
    But I hope season 2 has better cgi.

3. Slizabeth says:

Well it’s quite a different look/character than the one she played on Grimm! haha It’s good to see her on tv again.

4. Merc says:

While I love Once Upon a Time and Amy Acker, but this scene is just pathetic!

5. Cecelia says:

Matt – if you’re taking questions to ask at the PaleyFest panel, I hope you’ll ask the producers the following:

Why is there such a complete lack of diversity in your casting decision? Other than Giancarlo Esposito, who only appears briefly and may be leaving the series, there are no other persons of color. The show fails the Bechdel test when applied to race:

a. At least 2 characters of color who are named – No
    b. Who talk with each other – No
    c. About something other than the white character(s) – No

Such a white cast has no place on television in 2012. Heck, even “Revenge” has more diversity in it’s cast and it deals with the Hamptons (though “Revenge” also fails (b) and (c) of the test).

If the producers of “Two Broke Girls” can be asked about their racial stereotyping, then the “Once Upon A Time” producers should be held accountable for their discriminatory casting.

• Captain says:

Not that this makes it right but to be fair, fairytales have always been fairly whitewashed. We didn’t have a black Disney princess until 2009 and she spent most of the movie as a frog.

• Cecelia says:

I get what you’re saying, Captain. My argument is that this is not 18th and 19th century Germany nor is it 1950’s Disney. The creators of this show set out to make a modern retelling of the Eurocentric fairy tales. Key words being “modern” and “retelling”. These stories are being shown/told in the 21st century, regardless of when they’re set. The show’s creators are telling these stories in a universe of their own creation, which does not have to be whitewashed. Since the stories do not hew strictly to the traditional tales, the casting need not either.

• Fluke says:

But at the very least there was no excuse for King Midas to not be Greek or for what was clearly a rusalka to be called a siren instead. Besides, other countries have fairy/folk tales, too. Let’s see some Anansi or some tanuki or something.

6. carmen says:

I love O.U.A.T but Storybrooke’s dynamics is my favorite because fairy tales’s scenes often are ridiculous.

7. Emily says:

I don’t watch this show, just clicked on the link because I like the actress…but… LMFAO, was this actually a serious scene?

8. roger says:

are we seing more of amy acker in the ensuing episodes? just for the record i love ginnifer,snow white nad margaret

9. Velvet says:

Love Amy Acker and it’s fabulous to see her popping up all over my TV :)