Scoop: Dexter Alumna Julia Stiles Cast as Lead in NBC's Drama Pilot Midnight Sun

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Former Dexter star Julia Stiles is set to continue her run in gritty crime dramas with a starring role in the NBC pilot Midnight Sun.

The thriller — which is being adapted from the Israeli format by FlashForward‘s Lisa Zwerling — revolves around an investigation into mysterious disappearances within a group living on a cult-like commune in Alaska. As first reported by Deadline, Stiles will play Leah Kafka, an FBI cult specialist leading the investigation that ultimately uncovers a larger conspiracy.

The Walking Dead‘s Emma Bell has also joined the cast, playing the daughter of Lost alum Titus Welliver’s manipulative cult leader. Michael Raymond-James (Terriers) co-stars as well as an Alaskan police officer assisting Kafka with the case.

This marks Stiles’ first series regular gig.

Comments (8)

• Cool. Sounds interesting, and I’ve always liked Julia Stiles. Hope this is good.

Comment by Fabe – March 2, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I was going to say!

Comment by Annika – March 2, 2012 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was really good on Dexter! I live in Alaska, so it better do justice!!

Comment by KStone – March 3, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t realise that there was another show called ‘Dexter’ which she starred in recently. Surely that must have caused a trademark dispute.

I saw the one about the serial killer working as a blood-spatter analyst. Which show were you watching that she was good in?

Comment by Riley – March 3, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And yet her peers nominated her for an Emmy for her role on “Dexter.” Which means that ‘actors’ disagreed with you and actually thought Julia Stiles did an excellent job in her role as Lumen Pierce. Funny, that, uh?

Comment by Yvette – March 15, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds interesting, and its cool that the networks are branching out into these types of shows which have become popular on cable channels the last couple years. But how would a show with such a narrow premise last, or at any rate keep up its quality, more than one season?

Comment by Vicky – March 3, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds pretty good. I’ve always liked Julia Stiles, although I’ve never seen an episode of Dexter. And The Man in Black! That’s enough for me. Don’t do me wrong, NBC! I still haven’t forgiven you for taking Jack McCoy off my TV screen. Smash hasn’t erased that particular sin.

Comment by Jones – March 3, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! It’s going to be ” The Event,” in Alaska.

Comment by Rjrtist – March 3, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post