Scoop: Dexter Alumna Julia Stiles Cast as Lead in NBC's Drama Pilot Midnight Sun

Former Dexter star Julia Stiles is set to continue her run in gritty crime dramas with a starring role in the NBC pilot Midnight Sun.

The thriller — which is being adapted from the Israeli format by FlashForward‘s Lisa Zwerling — revolves around an investigation into mysterious disappearances within a group living on a cult-like commune in Alaska. As first reported by Deadline, Stiles will play Leah Kafka, an FBI cult specialist leading the investigation that ultimately uncovers a larger conspiracy.

The Walking Dead‘s Emma Bell has also joined the cast, playing the daughter of Lost alum Titus Welliver’s manipulative cult leader. Michael Raymond-James (Terriers) co-stars as well as an Alaskan police officer assisting Kafka with the case.

This marks Stiles’ first series regular gig.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Fabe says:

Cool. Sounds interesting, and I’ve always liked Julia Stiles. Hope this is good.

2. KStone says:

She was really good on Dexter! I live in Alaska, so it better do justice!!

• Riley says:

I didn’t realise that there was another show called ‘Dexter’ which she starred in recently. Surely that must have caused a trademark dispute.

I saw the one about the serial killer working as a blood-spatter analyst. Which show were you watching that she was good in?

• Yvette says:

And yet her peers nominated her for an Emmy for her role on “Dexter.” Which means that ‘actors’ disagreed with you and actually thought Julia Stiles did an excellent job in her role as Lumen Pierce. Funny, that, uh?

3. Vicky says:

Sounds interesting, and its cool that the networks are branching out into these types of shows which have become popular on cable channels the last couple years. But how would a show with such a narrow premise last, or at any rate keep up its quality, more than one season?

4. Jones says:

This sounds pretty good. I’ve always liked Julia Stiles, although I’ve never seen an episode of Dexter. And The Man in Black! That’s enough for me. Don’t do me wrong, NBC! I still haven’t forgiven you for taking Jack McCoy off my TV screen. Smash hasn’t erased that particular sin.

5. Rjrtist says:

Ugh! It’s going to be ” The Event,” in Alaska.