Is Blair a Happy Girl? Can Idol Work Its Makeover Magic? Did Smash Cheat? And More Questions!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we are going to throw at you, from shows including American Idol, How I Met Your Mother, Parenthood, Revenge and Happy Endings!

1 | Did anyone else predict that Fringe “switched” Ninas on us, when the “bad” one came across so genuinely bewildered and innocent?

2 | While we appreciate the need for dramatic conflict, doesn’t anyone within The Walking Dead‘s survivor group like each other? Even Lost had its moments of bonding.

3 | Not to get all Miley Cyrus on you, but… since every Oscars telecast, without fail and despite annual critiques, is so engorged, can we assume the Academy forces producers to meet a quota of montages and pre-taped segments heralding the “magic” of moviemaking? And, who else could’ve lived without Billy Crystal’s weak, borderline-offensive ageist jokes aimed at Christopher Plummer and Max von Sydow’? And while the “Wizard of Oz focus group” skit may have fallen flat, wasn’t Jennifer Coolidge’s bit about “hatchet faces” and “long chins” one of the funniest parts of the night?

4 | Was anybody else thrown off by the rare sight of Blair smiling so happily at the end of Gossip Girl? Also, how do two people who look like William and Carol create a very blonde Lola?

5 | Was there some kind of hidden meaning or reference with the penguin mobile on How I Met Your Mother? Or was it just supposed to be cute?

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, Glee, Once, Army Wives, White Collar and More

6 | Who rocked the Snuggie better: Cougar Town‘s Cul-de-sac Crew or the HIMYM gang?

7 | Did the 2 Broke Girls‘ celebration give anyone else a craving for Carvel cake?

8 | Smash‘s ever-attentive Ellis knowing the words to “I Never Met a Wolf Who Didn’t Love to Howl”? Absolutely. The cater waitress who had earlier revealed herself to be a dancer? Yep, by all means she can go for a twirl. But how did Nick Jonas’ character magically know the lyrics to join in on that impromptu performance?

9 | Who else is OK with Ellis’ existence on Smashonly as long as Julia gets a chance to unleash some bitchery on him every time he appears?

10 | Didn’t Castle kind of tip its hand by casting one of The Vampire Diaries‘ werewolves in an episode about the hunt for Little Red Riding Hood’s stalker?

11 | The River, White Collar, The Secret Circle and now Castle. What’s up with TV’s recent obsession with creepy dolls/totems?!

12 | Anybody else think Parenthood‘s Braverman clan should start a family-run wedding planning business? That was the best-looking quickie ceremony ever! But are they really going to leave us hanging on the Mark/ Sarah engagement?! And was there really no happy medium between Adam and Crosby selling The Luncheonette for millions and tearing up the offer wholesale?

13 | How did White Collar‘s Mozzie stash away half the U-boat treasure without any of those who examined the manifest noticing a shortage?

14 | Can we all begin a prayer circle that American Idol‘s styling team will lead the Season 11 women out of the fashion wasteland and into the land of chic and fierce? These ladies need help — stat!

15 | To Jack Porter, postmark Revenge: Dude, why didn’t you burn the hoodie?! Speaking of murrrrder, did the whole “Takeda bashed Daniel over the head and then killed Tyler” reveal seem a little convenient/obvious? Lastly, Ashley — the same gal who, like, helps Victoria get dressed — is the family’s spokesperson at as critical a time as a murder scandal? (We get that she wanted it, but the Graysons allowed it?)

New Spoiler Alert! Private Practice Drops ‘Huge Bomb’! Walking Dead Dish! Hot Justified Preview!

16 | Was Penny’s “whore bath” gaffe/misunderstanding on Happy Endings the funniest 40 seconds of television all week? And while we’re talking about the underrated comedy, which pal had the greatest sex dream about Dave: Jane or Brad… or maybe his conflicted crush, Penny? (We vote Brad!) Also, who can we contact about getting our own “Grant + Max 4eva” tees ASAP?

17 | Did Modern Family‘s Leap Day insanity upstage the 30 Rock celebrations?

18 | Who’s worse: Revenge‘s Tyler or Top Chef‘s own, eliminated-in-first-round-but-came-back-to-ruin-the-finale Tyler? And we totally get that being named Top Chef runner-up has to be a bummer, but was Sarah the sorest loser the competition has ever seen in nine seasons?

19 | Can NBC please order to series Good Looking, the Jenna Maroney-fronted crime procedural?

20 | How awesome was it to see Chuck Bartowski back on NBC this week? No matter that it was via a cardboard cutout on The Office — Chuck is Chuck is Chuck!

21 | Up All Night‘s grieving Ava was very funny, but is it too much to ask for an actual breakup scene with Kevin? Or at the very least a more cohesive reason for their sudden (off-screen? skipped episode?) split? We  hope that’s not the last we’ve seen of Jason Lee.

22 | Any guesses as to which male Grey’s Anatomy co-star(s) Ellen Pompeo suggested she was, um, less than thrilled to hop in bed with, during her Chelsea Lately interview?

1. Amy says:

Thank you for the questions TV Line-very fun. Just wanted to say Ellen Pompeo wasn’t talking about her specific co-stars on Grey’s. She and Patrick Dempsey have been friends forever and constantly talk of their chemistry, she’s also friends with TR Knight and has said very nice things about Chris O’Donnell as well. if you “watch” (I mean really watch the interview), she tells of Meredith’s drinking tequila and sleeping with men (the S2 years) and that she didn’t get to choose those men for Meredith’s “one night stands” they were just brought in and she was told that was who she was hooking up with. So my guess is any guest actor of that episode that played her “randoms” that we saw during S2 is who she is referring to. With all due respect, the question is a little silly considering she says that right up front in the Chelsea Lately interview.

2. Sierra says:

I love that Blair looks so happy! Dan’s the best boyfriend she’s ever had on this show.

Don’t be sad, Chuck fans. With Blair happily dating Dan, Chuck can spend all the time in the world with his REAL love: his hotel.

3. barbara says:

1. Yes, I figures it was another Nina. Darn that Robert David Jones.
    4. Blair might be smiling, but I’m not. I haven’t watched 5 years of Gossip Girl to see Blair end up with Dan! He’s sweet, but omg Chuck is ……. her passion, her love, her everything!
    8. I definitely wondered how he knew the lyrics! That was weird, but fun. Sometimes you have to give some leeway to the writers, I guess. Cause it worked.
    11. Have you heard Jonathan Coulton’s “Creepy Doll”?
    13. I don’t know how he did it, but I’m glad he did!

4. Joe says:

You’re seriously going to make a big deal about Nick Jonas all of a sudden knowing words and joining the performance?

GLEE DOES THIS EVERY WEEK!!

5. Stacey says:

For number 11, don’t forget about PLL, it trumps all shows in the creepy doll department.

6. Ruby says:

10 – Castle does this every show. If there’s a familiar actor, chances are they are the killer. It’s so predictible at this point.

• jazzyt2u says:

A lot of shows do this and it bugs me so much… Don’t know why they have gotten a clue yet… :-( Though I did like the fact that he was not the actual killer.

7. lail says:

yes shes happy VERY MUCH!!! :) DAIR!!!

8. Icepop says:

9) Yes.
    11) I know right? creepy much.
    20) CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

9. Midna says:

Never saw Blair smiling like that before, she’s glowing! Definitely the most beautiful, intense, heartbreaking scene ever seen on gg!

10. Templar says:

The girls on Idol need a makeover????? EVERYONE on Idol needs a makeover except JLo and Ryan. Steven always looks like an unmade bed. Randy obviously dresses in the dark. Colton Dixon looks like he’s made out of pipes and has a skunk on his head [channeling John Taylor of Duran2. Jeremy looks like a UPS driver. Jermaine looks like he shops at Goodwill. PP has zero sense of occasion and dresses in whatever was on the floor closest to the bed. Deandre dresses like a waiter. Heejun dresses for campus life. Joshua comes closest to suitable attire. Of the girls, Skylar shops at SlutRUs. Shannon shops in the prom dept.. Elise picks out things in her mother’s hippie days trunk. Erika shops at Charlotte Rousse [way too young for her]. Jessica just overdresses. Hollie, like Joshua comes closest to the mark.

• Lana says:

@Templar, you pretty much hit it right on the head and it is going to be fun to see the make overs. I really want Erika to listen to her stylist, however I hope the same stylist that did Lauren Alaina is not still there. I also believe Jermaine will really profit from this and can’t wait to see his make over, I hope it includes his hair. However leave Deandre’s hair alone. It would be fun to see Heejun in leather.
      #18 I too was a little suprised at Sarah’s melt down, but it is a big disapointment and if you really thought you were going to win, sometimes you can’t help how you react, cameras or not

11. Morgan says:

#20 was amazing! :)

12. Maggie says:

13) Mozzie is just awesome.

13. Carla says:

Dan really make Blair happy, they need to be the endgame

14. Natasha says:

Dair is the only relationship in GG that was built up very well by the writers…didnt fell rushed and Blair is so happy with Dan, awesome couple

15. Jaze says:

I’m so in love with Dan and Blair, they are the best thing about gg

16. Hazel says:

DAIR makes my heart melt :)

17. Eliza says:

I just love everything about blair and dan, they are so perfect for each other

18. Sally says:

DAIR forever
    At last she is happy without drama

19. Hannah says:

I love the happy Blair just as much as I love Dair! They are so adorable, lovely and incredibly cute!

20. Me says:

According to genetics (and what we know about the characters) there’s a 50% probability for William and Lily to have a blond child and a 25% for William and Carol. So yeah, the chances are slimmer but it’s not that weird Lola is a blonde.

21. Sims says:

I enjoy Dair because Dan and Blair appear so natural with one another, there is nothing overly dramatic about their storyline or romance, it is something that evolved from friendship, and they didn’t jump into anything. It has been a slow burn and for that I applaud the writers and Leighton Meester and Penn Badgley who seem to bring out the best in each other on screen, they are much better in their scenes together than with anybody else. I just enjoy seeing good acting with a compelling storyline I can actually relate to for once. And Blair’s smile at the end of the episode just made my 2011/2012 TV Season.

22. Frank Dracman says:

I was hoping anyone but Sarah was a finalist. She came off as nasty from the beginning!

23. Marco says:

11 – you forgot Pretty Little Liars.

24. thaty says:

8 | But how did Nick Jonas’ character magically know the lyrics to join in on that impromptu performance?
    But he was improvising!!!! I mean, he sang one phrase in the end, and it had a lot to do with the conversation he had with Angelica’s character earlier. If his character is a musician he should be good at improvising some lyrics.

25. Ann says:

Blair is only really happy with Dan because she doesn’t have to pretend to be something she’s not. He makes her a better person and doesn’t treat her like property like Chuck does

26. Jessica says:

Huge Dan/Blair proponent and I also think that whenever fans of Chuck and Blair are asked why they work together specifically, there is no concrete answer given. What bond did they share besides the physical and schemes and a lot of nonsense back and forth? Blair and Dan have so much more in common, they became good friends in a way that Chuck and Blair never did, they are intellectual equals, Blair has trusted Dan at her most vulnerable moments, they bring a lightheartedness to the show that has been sorely lacking since recently, and their whole attraction has been unexpected. Isn’t it more interesting to see where this relationship goes than the back and forth of Chair?

Also, as everyone brings up Penn’s hair I will say two things: first, it is only grown out long for the movie he is doing in which he plays Jeff Buckley, so I assume he will cut it soon since they are in post-production; second, he is still far more attractive than Ed and always has been.

27. sfcitygirl22 says:

YES! Sarah on Top Chef was the sorest loser ever! How many times was she going to say she thought she should have won?

28. Misha says:

Blair is so happy when she’s with Dan

29. Ana says:

Love #9. Hate Ellis, but I’m totally ok with Julia unleashing some bitchery on him.

30. Ribac says:

About N°4, I don’t think I know a female with it’s own colour of hari…

31. Brendan says:

#4 – Nick Jonas did NOT know the words. He sang “Tell me where to sign on the dotted line” in reference to saying he would fund the show. How did you not realize that?

32. crimibird says:

#5
    I Kinda hope it’s a hidden meaning. But… Penguins are so freaking adorable I don’t really care either way. My question is more “Where on Earth is Robin going”